Sheep to lose 8 players - Game vs St Johnstone Now Off

What is the justification for tomorrow’s game being off, Wednesdays “under threat” but the game v the filth “definitely going ahead”???
I can’t get my head around that one either. It’s probably the Record stirring shit. There’s no way that should be allowed to happen.

2 of their players appear to have caught it in the Bar (one confirmed, one initially positive and waiting on 2nd test results). The other 6 weren't in the Bar, but were in the same training bubble, so trained with the muppet who has been confirmed positive and have to be placed in 14 day isolation.

Those 6 players are innocent of doing anything wrong and were just unfortunate that they were in the same training bubble as the muppet.

I would imagine that they will also be somewhat less than pleased with the muppets who went to the bar.

That's not what happened according to a poster who literally sat beside all 8 of them in saturday night.

Laughable as well that the first positive test in our league and the game is off. In the English championship when it restarted there was positive tests frequently. It was same in prem and not a single game was called off.
Not true, there has already been positive tests. Also, the issue here is that players were told to practically live in bubbles and to be cautious i.e try your best to stay away from a fecking nightclub. There’s a pandemic!!

Just thinking, if celtc have a few injuries and suspensions before the game in October I guarantee they will come down with a Covid outbreak just before our game and it gets called off.

It's an easy way out to get a game cancelled now, It has to be a 3-0 forfeit when this happens or anyone can use it!

In normal times they would just find someone with a spurious link to them who has died.

'we will not be found wanting', the Rangers boards own words. I was responding to the rumour that the Aberdeen vs celtic game will be going ahead, so it does affect us.
Yes, a rumour. The only thing we've got to do with this, is we were the last team to play and beat them.

Rangers weren't found wanting, it was the other clubs who didnt back them.

Not true, there has already been positive tests. Also, the issue here is that players were told to practically live in bubbles and to be cautious i.e try your best to stay away from a fecking nightclub. There’s a pandemic!!

I meant in the league I know there was cases in preseason but isn't this first since league restart?. I didn't dispute what the players did was wrong. Don't you find it at least a wee bit uncanny that of all the English games restarting none were postponed?. Plenty of positives in those leagues as well and we have postponements already.

Sheeps game off because their players broke the rules on covid lets see what the powers that be do to punish the club.We all know if was our club we would be hammered.

Genuine question, what rules did they break? Internal rules that aberdeen set ie don't go to pubs or restaurants

I meant in the league I know there was cases in preseason but isn't this first since league restart?. I didn't dispute what the players did was wrong. Don't you find it at least a wee bit uncanny that of all the English games restarting none were postponed?. Plenty of positives in those leagues as well and we have postponements already.
Fair enough but English players perhaps more professional and not going on team outings to a nightclub?

Genuine question, what rules did they break? Internal rules that aberdeen set ie don't go to pubs or restaurants

There was/is a 'protocol' in place that has all sorts of restrictions placed upon them and, I think, their families. It was posted on here in the lead up to clubs resuming training.

So if the Celtic game goes ahead Aberdeen will have their whole squad available? That’s basically what they’re saying if it’s only the first two games that are postponed.

Fair enough but English players perhaps more professional and not going on team outings to a nightclub?

I don't know mate don't believe at least a couple of players haven't done the same in England. People saying it's only been 2 Aberdeen players who were at the bars and the rest were in their training group. In my opinion football players will probably be doing this all over. Right at the start of lockdown there were footballers in England having massive house parties Kyle Walker was one.

There was/is a 'protocol' in place that has all sorts of restrictions placed upon them and, I think, their families. It was posted on here in the lead up to clubs resuming training.
The rules agreed by the Scottish Government and SFA/SPFL to start the season

Cheers, didn't know there were rules set. Sheep should be deducted points then

Lol, wearing a mask doesn’t automatically make you immune.

Don’t think I said it makes you immune. There’s less catching it shopping with a mask on than being on a night out in a busy bar though was my point.

So if the Celtic game goes ahead Aberdeen will have their whole squad available? That’s basically what they’re saying if it’s only the first two games that are postponed.
According to the daily record (obvious caveat that you can't trust a word they write), the first two games would be postponed, but the celtic game would still go ahead even though Aberdeen would be without the 8 players still. Find it hard to believe that could actually happen though, if they postpone one game within the quarantine window, they surely have to postpone all of them

I haven’t. I’ve been tested and was negative, another guy was tested positive so now I’m working from home isolating for 14 days.

Cheers - just interested to see how it works.

It doesn't apparently! :D

Glad to know you got the negative result.

Watching Australian rugby this morning and 2 players did basically the same thing the club and players were both find ($20k & $5k) maybe something the should think of here

When you look at the English Cricket team Jofra Archer was dropped from the 2nd test recently against West Indies as when going from Southampton to Manchester he went to his own home in Brighton and broke the "bio-bubble" rules set up by Cricket England.

In Scotland we have players going to the pub which is just stupidity.

Surely though there is no way that only 2 of the 3 games are postponed. If tomorrow's game is postponed then all 3 must be.

If Rod Petrie is the chairman of the Joint Response Group why has he temporarily stepped down from been the chairman of the SFA for that idiot from Alloa for supposed ill health?
He has suddenly ‘got well’ again and retaken his position at the SFA as chairman.
According to his statement he had a planned medical procedure and was recovering from it.
Incredibly convenient timing considering he was absent for the duration of the arbitration process involving arch rivals Hearts.

Leagues over the world have largely been able to be played without incident. 2nd week into the Scottish league and a game has to be called off because a group of professional players have to go for a bevvy.

Says it all really about the lack of professionalism in Scottish football and at a wider context the nation's unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

This is an issue of professionalism in our game and making Aberdeen play the games would have been a warning to all clubs to keep their players in line.

It's now as if football comes secondary to their social life. They can do what they want and if there's an outbreak then the game will be off anyway.

Leagues over the world have largely been able to be played without incident. 2nd week into the Scottish league and a game has to be called off because a group of professional players have to go for a bevvy.

Says it all really about the lack of professionalism in Scottish football and at a wider context the nation's unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

Nailed it.

We need to be asking 'whats the rationale' for the third game to be played? If they are postponing the first 2?? This is surely corruption.

Back