Steven Fletcher to them agreed - Rhecord

Thought he kicked about in a Tim top when he was a trainee at Hibs. Was sure I seen him a few times at Jewel and Eck college

In for that Lyle Taylor now lol
Went back and looked at his record. No bad, 1 in 2 at Charlton in both league 1, then the Championship for a relegated team. Impressive last season for sure. Then saw he was 30. If he was doing these things at 23 I’d be more concerned. Short term strategy at best.

Went back and looked at his record. No bad, 1 in 2 at Charlton in both league 1, then the Championship for a relegated team. Impressive last season for sure. Then saw he was 30. If he was doing these things at 23 I’d be more concerned. Short term strategy at best.
Thought he was a better option for us than that Dykes, but that's old gossip now :)

He'll be wanting a good few Bob as a Bosman and sure our centre half's would cope easily with him

Not that it's important but he scored 8 in 35 for Burnley.

Cheers, I was going by the stats on the first page of this thread, which is a little bit skewed and confusing as it shows 35 (0). I assume the 0 is substitute appearances and the next column is his 8 goals.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Even with the edit that's mental
Why? There’s zero point kidding ourselves that they won’t beat the dross in the league. Better that at least they their resources are drained as much as possible, given the likely inevitable.

It will be up to us to beat them, to win the title. Sadly we can’t expect any favours from the rest.

With this transfer and the pending sale of Edouard, we are now better in every position.

Goalkeeper, defence, midfield and attack, we are stronger in depth and quality.

Don’t be fooled by the Toney nonsense. They can’t afford him. They’ll hang onto Edouard long as they can to keep up the pretence that he’s staying, but he’ll be away in October at the latest.

I am excited by the idea of Fletcher, Klimala and Griffiths being their strike options. Wonderful stuff.
I wouldn't say we are better in midfield, yet.
But a couple of additions in there and we are flying.

I'm convinced Edouard will be away this window. They are collecting strikers like giros, and their previous purchases aren't proving prolific.

Griffiths is a waster.
Bayo is shite.
Edouard away.

Where will that leave them...?
Did they not sign a £100 million Polish guy who was the next best thing

Very interesting.

He’s their 5th striker ?

Wonder who’s going ?
It’s either thum or french Boyd going on the wage he would command. Either way it’s great news. He’s
I had no idea that some folk on here call Edouard the "French Boydy"

That is some honking patter.
you either missed the thread or your patter is soooo much better. Personally I found it quite funny but each to their own. Honking or not

I doubt it but if it's Édouard on the way out with Fletcher the replacement, despite the obvious quality difference, it also suits our style of play massively. With our pressing game we can be vulnerable to fast strikers running in behind when our centre Half's are pushed up.... Fletcher eliminates that threat right away.

Seemingly the Ajeti loan deal from West Ham may be back on again.

Dunno who this is, so googled. First hit:

”But Sky Sports News understands the intervention by Lennon has convinced Ajeti to choose Celtic, after a host of Premier League and European clubs were interested in the Swiss international.”

Sounded hilarious to me.

Have they ever made a signing where they didn’t beat a host of Premiership and European giants.

Dunno who this is, so googled. First hit:

”But Sky Sports News understands the intervention by Lennon has convinced Ajeti to choose Celtic, after a host of Premier League and European clubs were interested in the Swiss international.”

Sounded hilarious to me.

Have they ever made a signing where they didn’t beat a host of Premiership and European giants.
Yeah, all the other Premier league teams were queueing up to get the guy who couldn't get a game in the Premier league. For West ham.

Back