Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

I said on a thread the other day that she wouldn't rip into celtic the way she did Aberdeen and was called paranoid

Looks like we're going to find out quite soon. 8 aberdeen players get it, then 1 mentally challenged and we now get a change of direction to stopping the league.

Add the hint about the Aberdeen game against them being different as its away from home and a patterns developing here.

I'm not saying it's to help them with the league, but no way will her lot want to upset some of their voters.
I think it’s the fact there’s been two incidences in the space of 8 days mate

What’s happening with the education shambles
Sturgeon apologised in parliament today for getting it wrong with exam results and said Swinney will announce in parliament tomorrow how they plan to correct it.

Her apology today was main news story so expecting what Swinney says will be big news too.

However, so should this. Are we honestly to believe nobody at that club knew where he was? I think they will throw him under the bus.

Its a disgrace if this turns out to be true.

Having lived in lanzarote for 4 years, taking a test on my return to the uk last friday iv still had to quarantine for 2 weeks and have had 2 phone calls since friday asking my location.

He should have been in quarantine, therefore he was ineligible to play.

Bottom line is, they played an ineligible player and should be punished accordingly.

I can’t see how it can be viewed in any other light. He was simply ineligible. I’m sure it was an innocent mistake.... now which club do we know who have benefited from mistakes and ineligibility?

Celtc should at least have their draw removed and a 3-0 defeat recorded in its place.

Its a disgrace if this turns out to be true.

Having lived in lanzarote for 4 years, taking a test on my return to the uk last friday iv still had to quarantine for 2 weeks and have had 2 phone calls since friday asking my location.

Its true, it is all over the media with quotes from the player.

Sturgeon apologised in parliament today for getting it wrong with exam results and said Swinney will announce in parliament tomorrow how they plan to correct it.

Her apology today was main news story so expecting what Swinney says will be big news too.

However, so should this. Are we honestly to believe nobody at that club knew where he was? I think they will throw him under the bus.
He should come out and say that he had permission to travel.

Question - don't professional footballers need to inform clubs and thus authorities of their whereabouts in advance as they are subject to strict anti doping tests at random?

Certainly this applies to Olympic athletes and F1 drivers. Is it the case for top league footballers?

Therefore both club and player knew where we was and the need to quarantine?

Interesting.

This is the type of technicality that gets CFC millions of pounds in Europe without any embarassment.

But you need 'friends', placemen, or out and out corrupt individuals to really see it through.

What they really rely on is a media, Government and football authority that will do absolutely nothing.

I haven’t read the whole thread and I’m sure it has been mentioned already but I see Sutton is screeching on Twitter, saying that Bolingoli is a disgrace and should be sacked.
I wonder if he would be saying the same if it was Edourad or dare I say Griffiths the serial offender?

This is the biggest open PR goal we have ever been gifted. First thing tomorrow Rangers
That’s what it looks like to me too but I’ve(we) seen enough to wonder if this helps them in some way, or drawing us out publicly benefits them in some way.
I’m aware of paranoid mania too.

Some live in a Dreamland. The SNP aren't going to push for that club to be punished. They're not stupid.

If anything, they'll punish the rest of the league because shockingly enough, the 2 scummiest clubs in the country employ dickheads who can't follow a simple set of rules.

That would be ridiculous to punish all clubs for the sake of two.

Celtic and Aberdeen should forfeit points for any fixtures they can’t fulfil, set the precedent early as it won’t be the last time it happens.
That's what they do to protect a certain club

Question - don't professional footballers need to inform clubs and thus authorities of their whereabouts in advance as they are subject to strict anti doping tests at random?

Certainly this applies to Olympic athletes and F1 drivers. Is it the case for top league footballers?

Therefore both club and player knew where we was and the need to quarantine?
I thought they did. Scottish fitba is probably a bit more relaxed but surely they know a player is leaving and returning to the country.

This is no real surprise employees of that cesspit club have broken the law for decades and that sets the tone for future generations they do what they want as they have it stitched up, the misdemeanours not only adversely impact lives but they now also put the lives at risk of all those who have to come into the vicinity of Seperate Entity FC

The season had to start on August 1st for financial reasons, for television reasons, for legal reasons... 2 games in and it's been possibly compromised by the main beneficiary of these decisions.

Hearts and Thistle must be wondering...

I haven’t read the whole thread and I’m sure it has been mentioned already but I see Sutton is screeching on Twitter, saying that Bolingoli is a disgrace and should be sacked.
I wonder if he would be saying the same if it was Edourad or dare I say Griffiths the serial offender?

definitely not Edouard mate I agree there.

Many of them are starting to turn on Griffiths as they realise he is finished. Funny how mental health isn’t a concern any more but it is pretty funny to watch them turning on him lol.

They seem to be even more outraged that the players were given 4 days off last week apparently. Said last week that if you cannot fulfil yours fixtures due to ineptitude from your staff, then you should forfeit the game 3-0. Otherwise, field your u18s and get it played.

Weak as piss leadership from the governing body here ,They should be all over this ,to protect the game ,Otherwise holyrood will 100pc step in and suspend the league ,screwing it over for everybody.

I haven't even opened this thread because I thought it was a wind-up, can't believe it's actually a thing.

There's not a chance they'll suffer any serious consequences for this whatsoever.

Let’s see if the quarantine rules are applied to ra Sellick in the same way as the sheep. My guess is it will be swept under the carpet like everything else from the cesspit.

Exactly this. He is a bit of a whipping boy for their supporters, has shown very little in the games he has played, and has little resale value.

Would he call for Edouard, Brown, McGregor, Ajer, Barkas etc to be sacked? In the instance of this having been Edouard, does he believe Celtic would or should sack someone they are trying to flog for £30m+? He is talking out of his hole as usual.

Posts like this from Sutton are purely a deflection tactic onto the player and away from the club itself.

Weak as piss leadership from the governing body here ,They should be all over this ,to protect the game ,Otherwise holyrood will 100pc step in and suspend the league ,screwing it over for everybody.

They should just end the league now and award the title as shared between us and hibs.

Swinney f&cks up exam results for youngsters that wee krankie has to publicly apologise for, Jeane Freeman presides over a catalog of failures in the NHS including a multi million pound hospital in Edinburgh that’s not fit for purpose and suspicious deaths at Glasgow’s new flagship hospital, a complete lack of resources for care homes during covid. And then you’ve got that f&ckin rocket Useless greetin in parliament over an American dying in police custody whilst completely stonewalling victims of child rape over decades in one of Scotland’s biggest sporting institutions. You couldn’t make it up, where are the opposition parties in this shithole country.

Sturgeon will be furious.......it got out.. snp probably gave special dispensation for celtic players to do as they like.just like the spfl/sfa/police scotland.

Genuinely worried that this will be used to deflect from the exam results fiasco.

Will definitely be interesting to see the difference in reaction to the Sheep 8 if it's really the case that he has broken quarantine rules and played in a match. Wilfully breaking government travel rules is just as/more reckless as what the aberdeen players did by going out together.

Did Celtic know? If not, do they really have such terrible internal discipline that they have players flying off for a jolly in the middle of a pandemic and have no idea?

One things for sure, if there is any punishment at all from the SPFL/SFA it will be something that impacts us as well somehow.

Rangers need to strike whilst the iron is hot and put pressure on them via subtle PR. Get it out there that we ain't happy with other teams risking football pausing and also make comment on apparent leaked information about the sfa "investigation" into our testing protocols (back page exclusive of the record) and ask for no double standards.
I'd be quiet . All clubs have loose cannons. Don't create a noose that could hang us.

maybe im reading the story wrong or making 2 +2 = 5 but does anyone know when he went to spain, ? celtc say hes been tested twice in the last week so they must have known last week about it prior to the game but still chose to play him albeit for a few minutes, rather thn tel him hes dropped for two weeks and to stay in his house

Back