Tim’s European Tie - What Happens?

With the next two games postponed what will happen with Europe
I’d be happy to give them our Europa league spot and we will take their champions league spot. Gives them more time. Let’s be honest, we want them to be in Europe this season and playing as regularly as us. Them going out early could be bad for us.

we should be offering this up.

I usually find these kind of threads pie in the sky stuff but in this case it’s really not. Surely UEFA won’t put another team at risk due to them ignoring the rules? If they set a precedent that it’s ok then there is the potential for a nightmare scenario for football across Europe.

You just need to look at the paltry wee fines they get from UEFA for constantly flouting rules and breaking laws to know liewell carries a bit of clout there.

It will be played

in the same competition Atletico Madrid are still playing with two confirmed cases

I didn’t know that but the situations are different. If a squad member picks up COVID through no fault of their own the that is one thing but if someone willing ignores the rules in place, putting numerous people at risk, UEFA can’t stand for that surely?

Lawell has too many friends at UEFA to get them punished in any way. If would be a lot different if it was us that breached regulations.
I think people overestimate the influence Lawwell has on a European level. At the end of the day, his club still has to go through 4 rounds of qualifying playing against diddy nations to get near the Champions League. He isn’t exactly Florentino Perez within UEFA.

There is going to be a fixture build up now and the effected clubs should be compensated.
they have lost enough with not playing and not fair that they lose game time because of these two stupid clubs.

breaking quarantine is a domestic issue, so i don't think uefa would care unless they started to get positive test results

Pete will have a word or rousing speech at uefa and all will be sorted. Personally I agree a lot on this thread. They need to be playing as many matches as possible keeps them occupied and tightens the avenues for rearranged games.

They should just cancel the whole competition and award them the trophy, cancel next year's euros and give them the trophy, cancel the Olympics and dish out all the available medals to them, cancel the Oscars and every other award ceremony and award them all the trophies.

Back