Joint response group update - Celtic v St Mirren and Aberdeen both off

Wow! Don't know why I'm continually surprised by sh*t like this.

Fielded an ineligible player as far as I'm concerned and Kilmarnock should be doing all they can to get the result overturned to a 3-0 victory. The player has broken government guidelines and, by default, governing body rules - he is as ineligible as a player who was suspended.

Pish.

They shouldn't be postponing games. Award a 3-0 walkover to the opposition if a team cannot fulfil a fixture due to Covid infections amongst their players that can be traced to a non-essential activity. That will soon encourage teams to be tough with their players.
multiple Likes

To keep sky happy they will surely want a game in return that is nearby love street and easy to screen.

But then that’s a loss of revenue to us from RTV purchases so probably not.

we get the share of the money of what it was worth to Celtic and St Mirren. The Fhilth should compensate St Mirren.

Never heard of anything like that happening before mate so not sure why it should be expected.

Thought with there being no crowds it’d be an easy enough thing to do and I can’t imagine sky are too happy, but right enough they’ll likely just show the scum game whenever it is to be played.

Over to us, pressure now on our team to go out and do the business against St Johnstone and then a tricky away game on the Astro at Livingston

This actually stinks. To be 'commended' for their response to this opens a huge can of worms.

Look out for another trip to Spain or for other clubs to have fixtures delayed due to injuries etc if there are no real repercussions to be had. You can now actually use this to your advantage.

Make no mistake tho. There will be a frenzy of effort to find some breach of the protocols by one of our players / back room staff. The whole "it's a yellow card this time, next time it will be red" is a sure fire way for the hordes to hire all sorts of PI's, make up stories, harass people etc. We need to be squeaky clean and have our wits about us.

Now if we can find out if the wee Chunt was away on club business ( transfer business?, he might have been looking for a multi-penny move to Benidorm United), that opens up a whole new discussion.

This actually stinks. To be 'commended' for their response to this opens a huge can of worms.

Look out for another trip to Spain or for other clubs to have fixtures delayed due to injuries etc if there are no real repercussions to be had. You can now actually use this to your advantage.
Testing the water to see how they can postpone the 1st old firm if the crowds are not back.

There's a wee part of me waiting for the SPFL to make a statement saying that 'as Celtic would probably win both games, we have decided to award them the 3 points for each fixture and a 5-0 victory as they would easily have scored that many'

I know it won't happen but it honestly wouldn't surprise me at all!

If we got 20 points clear by Xmas the rhats will be pulling out all the stops to have the season voided by Cv19. This season will be mental folks as paranoia and pandemics will be the crash barriers biggest ally if there is a sniff of them not winning the league.

Petrie praises Celtic’s response as if it was nothing to do with Celtic in the first place.
We’ve seen this routine before, the minimising of Celtic’s part in it, the distancing of Celtic from what’s going on under its control.
It’s scurrilous from Petrie and displays exactly where he his coming from.

Thought with there being no crowds it’d be an easy enough thing to do and I can’t imagine sky are too happy, but right enough they’ll likely just show the scum game whenever it is to be played.
What happens to the Bears who have forked out their money for the game?

Livi and Killie will be two games the tims will have one eye on thinking we may drop points. It’ll send a huge message out if we end up 11 points clear before they next play.

Are they allowed to train? Surely if they are going to take the public health issue to it's natural conclusion not only should they not be spreading on to other teams but they should also mitigate the possibility of passing on to each other, other training staff and physio and in turn their families?

Don't know why we are happy with this, they will win the games in hand and end up unpunished for putting players health in danger. The likes of accies and st johnstone are getting the same punishment as them!
You're right they should forfeit games but it won't happen.Only thing we can do is win our games and hope they drop points when they play again. If we go 11 points clear of them then that puts pressure on them so early in the season

It just shows up what a farce Scottish football is, games have been played in other countries over the last few months with no major problems. Back for a week here and it's all gone to pot.
I'd be very surprised if we manage to finish this season by December next year.

Commending them was stupid. There should be a citation for both clubs from the compliance officer. We should be told who knew. If Boli is going to be castigated or sacked by Celtic he should reveal who knew

Petrie probably dictated that statement between bouts of tongue punching Lawwell's fart box

Let's see how the mentally challengeds handle being 11 points behind before they play again.

"Better to have the points in the board"
Let’s just ensure our own house is in order on the park. We’ve won nothing yet and have previously shat the bed when in a position to push on

Embarrassment for our tin pot game yet again.
Cannot believe the SFA are backing the vermin in their actions, where has the club's duty of care been? The PFA should be all over this and pushing punishment to the club and not the player. I know inquiries aren't their forte but was a risk assessment carried out? was sufficient training advice provided by the JRG and the club? Is their a signed statement from the player accepting everything had been read and understood? Who knew about it? Did the player liason officer know? Were the club available for any questions or oncerns a player/staff member had 24/7? Did he have access to medical professionals for advice?
All things I'd expect Rangers to have in place, now the boys an absolute dummy but it sickens me that the cowardice scum have stabbed him in the back and our mate Petrie has just slit his throat without even looking into any of the above.

im sure you can believe this, considering everything the SFA/SPFl have done or ignoring, this is small potatoes

I'm staggered - but unfortunately not surprised - by Petrie's praise of septic.

To anyone looking in it must be clear there is no such thing, no such concept as "fairness" in the way football is run in Scotland.

A club makes a total arse of managing their players within the well documented and universally understood rules - then is commended for investigating their own %^*& up. As clear cut a case of fielding an ineligible player as I can ever recall results in a deferral of matches and a commendation. Well done SFA. You continue to rise in the worldwide laughing-stock rankings.

From an Accies POV, why is our fixture getting postponed? That doesn’t suit us.

Surely the rules state that if a team is unable to fulfil a fixture, then they forfeit the match? Aberdeen 0-3 Accies.

Is the Scottish Government telling them not to play, and that’s their get-out? Still don’t see why Accies should be penalised.

So many things to be astonished about

Jason Leitch clearly stated there is a public health implication for Kilmarnock

Yet no mention of Kilmarnock in that release

Bizarre. Sinister given that any prescribed quarantine of Kilmarnock must apply to Celtic too and force forfeit of UEFA tie

Ronseal - Aberdeen v Hamilton also off.

Only Celtic could get praised by the SFA for playing an ineligible player!!

Rod Petrie, Chair of the JRG: “The Joint Response Group has acted swiftly and decisively in addressing the latest concerns raised by the minister on behalf of Scottish Government. While the decision to postpone these games is deeply regrettable nevertheless in the circumstances it is unavoidable and uncontestable.

“The JRG members were astounded to learn of the recklessness demonstrated by Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in his breach of government public health guidance and football protocols.
We echo the sentiments of Celtic FC in their condemnatory statement and commend the club’s swiftness in opening a disciplinary investigation.
I find it astonishing (and , quite frankly lies,that NOBODY within Celtic Football Club knew that the player had been in Spain. My understanding, for example, is that big clubs hold their players’ passports during the season because of travel to European matches. Even if I’m mistaken, how did it only become apparent AFTER the match that he had done this? Even if two negative test results were received, it doesn’t take away the need to self isolate.
Obviously someone somewhere knew he had travelled - after all the story is now out. Are we supposed to believe that such a person only let Celtic know (or it was brought to the club’s attention) after the match?

While I agree he won't be deemed ineligible in terms of the laws of the sport itself. That's why they will get away with it
These are all the things they’ve got their place men in for. A bit of spin in the media and the right person in the right position giving the governing body’s unbiased view and voila. Rancid cheating bastards.

We need a clear statement from the SPFL about how matters like this will be consistently handled across the season.

If there’s a change to the rule that a team unable to fulfil a fixture forfeits it, then on what basis? By what process was that approved? If teams have to quarantine, surely teams they inadvertently expose (Kilmarnock) have to quarantine too? What’s Kilmarnock’s compensation?

In the absence of a clear statement, they may as well abandon the season now. These won’t be the last incidents.

From an Accies POV, why is our fixture getting postponed? That doesn’t suit us.

Surely the rules state that if a team is unable to fulfil a fixture, then they forfeit the match? Aberdeen 0-3 Accies.

Is the Scottish Government telling them not to play, and that’s their get-out? Still don’t see why Accies should be penalised.
Because that would mean celtc forfeiting their match to stay within the same rules. Cheating.

A massive opportunity for the club to get the points on the board.

Schedule is already jam-packed enough as it is. Just increases the likelihood of dropping points if they start sandwiching in games in tough months for them.

We need to win our next games. No excuses.
Is this the year we tour Japan by any chance

One things for sure - the Scottish media will be raking through bins trying to find the slightest breach of the regulations by any Rangers player.

I found Petrie's commendation of their actions reprehensible. The club are in charge of all their players, there is a worlwide pandemic killing people, Spain is a country that is on a list of countries to avoid. Ce*tic should have known that he had skipped the country therefore they are responsible. Did he just rock up at Rugby park on matchday and play and then on the bus home say that he had been in Spain. What damage he could have done to people that he mixed with, Killie players, match officials, his teammates. Are we supposed to believe he has not been out and about since he came back apart from the match. Lots of questions to answer but nobody will ask them in Scotland.

When sfa or spfl give us a statement you know it has been passed to the scum before release.no one will do or say anything about them.no surrender. W.a.t.p

Back