Morelos

That's how teams and players get better.
I don't see the relevance.
Player A pushes player B and vice versa. Values increase. They don't plummet.
They will both play if here and fit. More often than not.
Disagree. If Alfie isnt our main striker and starting every game his value decreases.

Can’t believe the way this thread has gone what happened to backing our player’s through their up and downs they are human after all, we all make mistakes in life and go off the rails sometimes, what ever happens with Alfie I’ll still be sad if he does go but he has given us some tremendous memories we should at least be thankful for.

He's downed tools like a spoiled brat. Never seen as many excuses made for a player as there have been for Morelos.

Morelos is now a win win situation for me. If we don't get the desired fee then he won't go and will have to work his backside off (literally!) to get his move to a bigger league. A hungry Morelos is only good for Rangers.

Alternatively we get a club record fee for a player that will be used to further strengthen the squad.

West Brom want Morelos (football insider) however they have a history of derisory offers for our players in the past

He’s no had much success at that since the 29th December.
Perhaps realism hasn’t kicked in for Morelos yet.
This is only my thinking here but, when Morelos was getting the improved contracts a while back, I’m sure there would have been a chat revolving around a, official or unofficial, get out clause which would have included lines like “we’re paying you top dollar here and expect our valuation to be met when any transfer is being made.”

Even a poor Morelos this season has looked better than itten or roofe so far , and contributed more with 2 goals and 2 assists , so no matter how you look at it , will be a massive loss

Morelos is now a win win situation for me. If we don't get the desired fee then he won't go and will have to work his backside off (literally!) to get his move to a bigger league. A hungry Morelos is only good for Rangers.

Alternatively we get a club record fee for a player that will be used to further strengthen the squad.
Exactly the point I’ve mad a couple of times on this thread.

Reactions: GF7
Even a poor Morelos this season has looked better than itten or roofe so far , and contributed more with 2 goals and 2 assists , so no matter how you look at it , will be a massive loss
Too far, bud.
You need to give these guys time.
Did Morelos look good against Progres for example, when he was hooked for Dalcio at half time.
Yes, Dalcio, a poor mans Sadiq.

Too far, bud.
You need to give these guys time.
Did Morelos look good against Progres for example, when he was hooked for Dalcio at half time.
Yes, Dalcio, a poor mans Sadiq.
Need to give them time ,but I still can’t see any then replacing Morelos goals , none of them seem to be that type of striker , so again he will be a massive loss his goals will be very very hard to replace

West Brom missed out on Wilson, wonder if their monitoring the situation with Morelos.

So morelos is in a mood. According to people on here that means he's not worth the money we are looking for him. I right. Alfie is worth the money
Mood = attitude. A blind man can see he's chucked it. Other teams watching aren't going to be overly keen to get the cheque book out. The more he's out, the more fitter the other two strikers become. Before, Gerrard had nothing on the bench to replace him with. Now he's droppable

Mood = attitude. A blind man can see he's chucked it. Other teams watching aren't going to be overly keen to get the cheque book out. The more he's out, the more fitter the other two strikers become. Before, Gerrard had nothing on the bench to replace him with. Now he's droppable
Mood doesn't mean attitude, it can mean he is not happy not playing or not scoring. Super looked angry when benched by Souness, all strikers want to play.
I still say Alfie's performances against Feyenoord and Porto did enough to alert clubs of his potential ability.

Mood doesn't mean attitude, it can mean he is not happy not playing or not scoring. Super looked angry when benched by Souness, all strikers want to play.
I still say Alfie's performances against Feyenoord and Porto did enough to alert clubs of his potential ability.
I agree his head is turned for a move that don't make him shite or decrease his value clubs can see he's good hence we already had 16mil bid turned down clubs know the price and they will pay the mentally challengeds done exact same with dumbele reject till they got what they wanted it's how u do it

I agree his head is turned for a move that don't make him shite or decrease his value clubs can see he's good hence we already had 16mil bid turned down clubs know the price and they will pay the mentally challengeds done exact same with dumbele reject till they got what they wanted it's how u do it
Yes but had dembele downed tools mate?

Id like to see him go to germany. Such a good league to be in for him to progress even more and if we slap a sell on clause it would be better for us if he was to prove himself in a much more competitive league

People can argue about the value of his worth to the team, his statistics, discipline, goals in big games, etc, but ultimately it comes down to the interest shown in him by other teams. I think there's generally been such a severe lack of serious interest in him (manifesting itself in bids) that the many criticisms of him on here are absolutely valid.

It’s a curious one.

If we compare him with Dembele then we can see that he hasn’t won any domestic honours and has never played or scored in the CL. In fact the only thing Morelos really has in his corner, and one that’s probably added the most significant chunk to his asking price, is the purple patch in last season’s EL.

It’s that more than anything that clubs will be tempted by, but the flip side is a highly suspect temperament and I think it’s this enigmatic quality that’s preventing there being a greater rush to our door for his services.

He’s a huge talent when focussed, but he’s never been able to maintain that focus throughout a season. That won’t have been missed by other clubs.

If we get £18m for him, I think that will be a superb bit of business.

It’s a curious one.

If we compare him with Dembele then we can see that he hasn’t won any domestic honours and has never played or scored in the CL. In fact the only thing Morelos really has in his corner, and one that’s probably added the most significant chunk to his asking price, is the purple patch in last season’s EL.

It’s that more than anything that clubs will be tempted by, but the flip side is a highly suspect temperament and I think it’s this enigmatic quality that’s preventing there being a greater rush to our door for his services.

He’s a huge talent when focussed, but he’s never been able to maintain that focus throughout a season. That won’t have been missed by other clubs.

If we get £18m for him, I think that will be a superb bit of business.
So what has Edouard done to command the prices they are talking ? Hardly scored atal in Europe at any level and been outscored by morelos on the 3 season they have been in the same league together , he’s also played for his country and scored for his country

Goalscorers are rare commodities.
You don't get to many of them up for grabs.
When push comes to shove, there will be takers as the window starts to run out of trading hours.

Our issue, I don't think is selling him...
I'm sure the offer we want will be there.
It's more the timing.
If we need wait on that sale before we can buy what we need. That could spell trouble.

So what has Edouard done to command the prices they are talking ? Hardly scored atal in Europe at any level and been outscored by morelos on the 3 season they have been in the same league together , he’s also played for his country and scored for his country
What prices? Paper prices?
The same papers that had Ajer at £50m?

The offers that land depict the value.
Alfie has a market value it seems at around £16m.
We want more. But the market suggests £16m

Edouard right now is worth £zero.
Nobody has bid for him.

They can want whatever they want for him...
£20m, £30m, £100m.
None of their wants depict his value.
His value will be limited based on full international caps, European goals, striking style etc AND whatever someone is willing to pay for him.
I doubt they'd get even close to what they got for Dembele.

Ignore the paper talk.

What prices? Paper prices?
The same papers that had Ajer at £50m?

The offers that land depict the value.
Alfie has a market value it seems at around £16m.
We want more. But the market suggests £16m

Edouard right now is worth £zero.
Nobody has bid for him.

They can want whatever they want for him...
£20m, £30m, £100m.
None of their wants depict his value.
His value will be limited based on full international caps, European goals, striking style etc AND whatever someone is willing to pay for him.
I doubt they'd get even close to what they got for Dembele.

Ignore the paper talk.

You don't think they can even get close to £19m for Édouard? I think that's wishful thinking.

Prepared to be delighted then because we will either get the £20m or Gerrard will get us our main man back in form

Or option 3:

We don’t get £20m, Gerrard doesn’t get him back to his form last year prior to New Year, and we end up with an unhappy player, out of form and his value decreases by a few million to the January transfer window ..

You don't think they can even get close to £19m for Édouard? I think that's wishful thinking.
No idea what they will get for him. I don't think he's anywhere near the player Dembele was/is and he went for an eyewatering £19m.
I just don't see anyone batter the door down for an SPL striker unproven at European or Full international level.

Need to give them time ,but I still can’t see any then replacing Morelos goals , none of them seem to be that type of striker , so again he will be a massive loss his goals will be very very hard to replace
You’d be correct there but we simply need more from the others.
We always did.

Or option 3:

We don’t get £20m, Gerrard doesn’t get him back to his form last year prior to New Year, and we end up with an unhappy player, out of form and his value decreases by a few million to the January transfer window ..
possibly, but i cant see him giving up, as that would also mean Alfie missing out on the Copa America next year.

It remains to be seen if anyone will actually bid the sort of money the rags are talking about for Edouard, but like it or not they do have a track record of selling players for big amounts that go on to even better things. As infuriating as it might be for us, they’ve established themselves as a reliable producer of top talent.

That’s something we need to start doing ourselves. Hopefully Morelos will be the beginning of that.

You’d be correct there but we simply need more from the others.
We always did.
Our biggest problem last year was lack of goals in the team beyond Morelos. When he goes off the boil - which he clearly does and is a major reason why he’s not been sold already along with his disciplinary record - we had no replacement. Hopefully we are rectifying that. Selling Morelos (& any remaining deadwood) and getting in more quality should allow us to improve further.

Might be no bad thing if no individual replaces Morelos' goals. We need to replace them as a team. Better to have 4 or 5 players hitting double digits, than one player hitting 30. We've been far too reliant on him for goals, as we've often found to our cost when he's been unavailable, or when he's gone off the boil.

Impressions count good or bad and the longer he sits in a huff the more it will turn off suitors, you'd think his agent would tell him that. The best thing Alfie can do is do what Ally done and prove the gaffer wrong,otherwise nobody will have any interest.

Morelos has made no secret we are just a stepping stone to better things for him.
Better league more money.
He totally spat the dummy and his form fell off a cliff when the move to China never happened.
He has agreed personal terms with lille so most likely a much larger salary that he will see it as slipping away as we never accepted 16millon.
For me he is a guy from a very poor background who helps out back home and is playing football to make as much money as possible..
I think he is totally cash driven and goes in a huff when the chance to get more passes

It was a bit a bastard that Itten couldn’t make the Hamilton game as with the chances created it would have been a tester for his instinct however I think had a happy Alfie played against Hamilton then we would have score 4

It was a bit a bastard that Itten couldn’t make the Hamilton game as with the chances created it would have been a tester for his instinct however I think had a happy Alfie played against Hamilton then we would have score 4
That’s the thing. Nothing in his form since Mid December last year makes you confident in him.

Or option 3:

Are you an accountant? You are the most conservative poster on here LOL

All gone quiet...and window shuts in 3 weeks. Suppose he does stay one more season....what do you think? Not ideal as value drops again closer he gets to end of contract, but...

I personally think he would be #1 striker and would start, and I'd have Roofe and Kent with him.

But has he burned bridges? Would there be issues with coaches, players and fans? Any booing?

Or will he be welcomed back for one last shot at glory?

If he stayed and his attitude was focused on the team, he'd be a massive asset this season

I can't see him staying, he's always been honest about moving to another level, just hope we get the correct compensation for him

Back