Morelos

Can't believe folk still think if he stays that he won't perform. The same pish levelled at him every transfer window yet he still gets better each season. You have to factor in the prospect of him making the Colombia squad for the Copa next year as well. If he does not perform he can kiss good bye to that.

I'm not so sure what the big deal is he stays we have a top player on our books if he is sold then we take in a huge amount of cash. WIN-WIN.

Only draw back to this is the timeframe to bring in a replacement any any other players the manager would like.

The part I worry about with Alfie is that his good spells of form normally coincide with him getting a good preseason, starting the season lean and sharp. This is when he plays his best football, Stevie Wonder can see that. The 5 months we had of him from July to December last year was outstanding. He came back from Colombia overweight again in January and hasn't looked the same since. I hoped / expected that he would cut the weight down again during preseason and then start this season the way he did last season, but if anything, he looks in even worse nick now than he did in January. Now that preseason is over, if he stays, then he's going to need to be put on a mini preseason and fitness regime to get his weight cut down to his optimum level if we want to see him back to his best.

Maybe those 5 - 6 months last season were the anomaly as well and what we are seeing is Morelos dropping back to a more natural level now as well.

Who knows, the guy is a total enigma and Gerrard must tear his hair out when thinking about him.

All gone quiet...and window shuts in 3 weeks. Suppose he does stay one more season....what do you think? Not ideal as value drops again closer he gets to end of contract, but...

I personally think he would be #1 striker and would start, and I'd have Roofe and Kent with him.

But has he burned bridges? Would there be issues with coaches, players and fans? Any booing?

Or will he be welcomed back for one last shot at glory?
Welcome back, another season banging them in and still 2 years left on his contract. 1 year or 6 months left would certainly affect value, but not so much 2 years.

The part I worry about with Alfie is that his good spells of form normally coincide with him getting a good preseason, starting the season lean and sharp. This is when he plays his best football, Stevie Wonder can see that. The 5 months we had of him from July to December last year was outstanding. He came back from Colombia overweight again in January and hasn't looked the same since. I hoped / expected that he would cut the weight down again during preseason and then start this season the way he did last season, but if anything, he looks in even worse nick now than he did in January. Now that preseason is over, if he stays, then he's going to need to be put on a mini preseason and fitness regime to get his weight cut down to his optimum level if we want to see him back to his best.

Maybe those 5 - 6 months last season were the anomaly as well and what we are seeing is Morelos dropping back to a more natural level now as well.

Who knows, the guy is a total enigma and Gerrard must tear his hair out when thinking about him.
An absolutely wonderful talent though.

Mood doesn't mean attitude, it can mean he is not happy not playing or not scoring. Super looked angry when benched by Souness, all strikers want to play.
I still say Alfie's performances against Feyenoord and Porto did enough to alert clubs of his potential ability.
Do you reckon he just forgot how to play football?

I mean our own manager has said on numerous occasions his heads been turned and he's had to drop him for lack of effort in training, never mind the fact he's been awful compared to his form before Christmas i think that's pretty damming evidence to suggest he'll back back to his old self anytime soon
I honestly never read or saw that anywhere. Did the manager honestly say that?

I honestly never read or saw that anywhere. Did the manager honestly say that?

Yes words to that effect, however after a week out he also said he’s worked very hard to get his numbers up again and that’s why he’s back on the bench for the Hamilton game.

Does anyone think his agent is not going to be cashing in this window?
Me neither. He is as good as gone.

Unless there’s some movement this week it looks like Lille (or whoever else) are holding out until the final week of the window before offering us a token increase on the last bid.

Will we have the balls to knock it back?

Unless there’s some movement this week it looks like Lille (or whoever else) are holding out until the final week of the window before offering us a token increase on the last bid.

Will we have the balls to knock it back?

what about the 2 weeks in between?

As much as we don't like hearing, Gerrard has told us his heads been turned. We need to stop denying it and let him go. It's hard to accept but of he doesn't want to be here, he has to go.

He has to go so we can strengthen.

Targeted by other teams and targeted by corrupt officials.

And as our club prefers dignified silence, nothing will change and he will see red many times this season should he stay.

The risk isn't one we can afford to take.

AND (only my opinion) we've bought Hagi, Roofe and Itten fully expecting to punt someone in order to help fund it, almost certainly Morelos.

So if not Morelos, what happens if it's now Barisic or Kent who 'have' to go to help get the crucial midfielder in ?
I was told the three you’ve mentioned were signed regardless of Morelos going.

Do you believe that?

I do, personally... I really cannot see us buying players with the risk of Morelos getting a serious injury and being deemed unbuyable.

Id imagine we're finally spending within our limits rather than speculating.

If you think gerrard will sell the top goalscorer in Scotland, and 1 of the top goalscorer in the Europa league plus a Colombian International for £16 million, then your off your head. Pish strikers in England go for way more, McBurnie signed for Sheffield United for £20 million, hes pish, joelinton signed for Newcastle for £40 million hes pish,
You do know he wasn't the top scorer in the league last year dont you, JD scored 1 more than him and edouard 10 more.

You do know he wasn't the top scorer in the league last year dont you, JD scored 1 more than him and edouard 10 more.
He still scored more goals in all competitions, 14 goals in 17 games in Europe, players get noticed more in Europe than they do in Scotland, you do know that? Don't you?

Last years Europa League run wasn't in the Accounts, it was the previous season run. In fairness, it was only 1 round less. Last season I estimate the gate receipts for Europe alone would have been circa £6m. That will reflect in the Accounts published in November/December for the period up to June this year.
2 was it not? Or did we come in at a later qualifier?

There was a hell of a price hike for the Braga and Leverkusen games in comparison also. Not to mention prize money.

Those who say he‘s been “awful” are full of crap and not worth discussing football with.

There are many levels between his best, his form this season and “awful”.

Some people just wont assess his performances objectively. Yet hilariously try and accuse those who say he has played “not bad” this year of being the ones lacking objectivity.

This place is a nut house.

I think a lot are still in denial where Alfie is concerned.

His form since the turn of the year has been really poor, certainly when compared to his own previously high standard. There were excuses made for him due to being out through suspension and then needing longer to shed the extra pounds gained over the winter shutdown.

It only served to ignore that his application in several games during that period was dreadful and would not have been tolerated had it been any other player.

So my question there is: if winning a move elsewhere and continuing to impress the Colombian boss are his main motivating factors, why has there been little evidence of it on the pitch since January?

I don’t think we can expect or rely on him to return to his best form if a move fails to materialise and really it would be best for all concerned that he leaves during this window.
You might well be right and if the offer is what we want he should go. This might well sound like excuses, and maybe it is, but I think the suspensions after FirPark & the piggery did nothing to help his form at the turn of the year. They not only knocked him off his stride but probably gave him cause to consider his future with us.

This season he has clearly been thinking a move to Lille. However, if that move passes him by, and the window closes, he has no option but to buckle down and try to catch the eye. If his form continues as it has he will no only lose his place in the Columbia squad, but also fair to attract any other suitors.

I get it’s a risky strategy, but this the first player we’ve had in a while who we can sell for a decent fee and we need to maximize it. I don’t thInk we should be selling him on the cheap. If he returns to form and performs well in the UEFA we could well be looking at an increased fee. As I say it’s a risk, but one we should take.

Those who say he‘s been “awful” are full of crap and not worth discussing football with.

There are many levels between his best, his form this season and “awful”.

Some people just wont assess his performances objectively. Yet hilariously try and accuse those who say he has played “not bad” this year of being the ones lacking objectivity.

This place is a nut house.
You should tune in on match day threads - Nobel prize winners aplenty !

I'm a big fan of Morelos,and would love the real Alfie to stay focused for this season,however this is looking less likely.re the piggery red card on the 29th,that was downright stupidity on his part.game was won,going into injury time.and for whatever reason,he's hardly kicked a ball since

Absolutely nothing to do with his agent though. If we don't accept an offer we deem appropriate, then he will be cashing nothing in.

Unfortunately the player hold all the cards, Alfie's head has been turned by our own admission .
He will not bust a gut for us , the club know this , there is zero chance the status quo will continue in my opinion. It's just a matter of how high we can make the fee. In his mind he is already away.

Unfortunately the player hold all the cards, Alfie's head has been turned by our own admission .
He will not bust a gut for us , the club know this , there is zero chance the status quo will continue in my opinion. It's just a matter of how high we can make the fee. In his mind he is already away.
In your opinion.

As much as we don't like hearing, Gerrard has told us his heads been turned. We need to stop denying it and let him go. It's hard to accept but of he doesn't want to be here, he has to go.
He’ll be let go and with all the best from us but for the right money and without us taking the shitbag way out panicking and accepting the first snide offer.

And a good manager will tell him look forget that until it happens.You’ve a job to do here until your sold.

Tired of this.
Listen,doesn't matter who it is if a player doesn't want to be here well he can go f uc k himself.
When he can be bothered he is an absolute asset but all this year he's been fucking mince.
I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with somebody like that and his huffy can't be arsed antics have really made me dislike him.

Tired of this.
Listen,doesn't matter who it is if a player doesn't want to be here well he can go f uc k himself.
When he can be bothered he is an absolute asset but all this year he's been fucking mince.
I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with somebody like that and his huffy can't be arsed antics have really made me dislike him.
In a nutshell !

Back