Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

It's hard to believe that a journalist being in such close proximity to all of these goings on didn't at least have suspicions about events all around him.
He had to know, surely ?
We’re led to believe that Hugh stated that if the subject ever came up on SSB then he would resign. Last year I rang them to try and get on to speak to him directly.
The operator said it wasn’t a footballing issue. My reply to to that was, “many children suffered at that club and never had the opportunity to make the grade.. Are you telling me that this isn’t a footballing issue?”.. He hung up.

We’re led to believe that Hugh stated that if the subject ever came up on SSB then he would resign. Last year I rang them to try and get on to speak to him directly.
The operator said it wasn’t a footballing issue. My reply to to that was, “many children suffered at that club and never had the opportunity to make the grade.. Are you telling me that this isn’t a footballing issue?”.. He hung up.
Disgraceful behaviour.
Keep fighting the good fight mate, your work on this matter has been way beyond what could be expected from anyone. Let's hope all your hard work finally brings justice.

I got an email reply from Bauer Media telling me that subject won't be discussed on a family show as it's not football related as above

Keevins needs to be brought to account over this disgraceful excuse for a so called journalist to behave i hope and pray that all this is brought out in the open so the whole country sees exactly the type of sick people that are involved in this scandal

Disgraceful behaviour.
Keep fighting the good fight mate, your work on this matter has been way beyond what could be expected from anyone. Let's hope all your hard work finally brings justice.
It gets better. After failing to get past the operator I tried a different tactic and got on “beat the pundit”
They asked the first question and my answer was Frank Cairney. Second question, my answer was Jim Torbett. When I gave my 3rd answer as Jim McCafferty they cut me off. There’s obviously a delay before they air beat the pundit so they didn’t air it.

It gets better. After failing to get past the operator I tried a different tactic and got on “beat the pundit”
They asked the first question and my answer was Frank Cairney. Second question, my answer was Jim Torbett. When I gave my 3rd answer as Jim McCafferty they cut me off. There’s obviously a delay before they air beat the pundit so they didn’t air it.
I like your stealth tactics there, I hope they were squirming in their seats when they realised what was happening.
I still find it absolutely astonishing that so many people connected to that club are willingly being party to a cover up of the most heinous of crimes. Especially in this "modern, open and progressive" society.

The stuff that you like to see, wee shug getting dragged out into the spotlight, literally.
he’s an apologist if ever you have seen one, he’s one who will either squeal when squeezed or take his secrets and knowledge to the grave. He knows. He knows who knows, he knows who knew, and he will be a key part in all of this.
He’ll rabbit on that he’s just a daft journalist and radio presenter on a football show, but he’s much more than that. As per his journalistic profession, he has a moral duty to report on goings on that are a matter for public consumption, yet he stays deathly silent on this matter? He’s a Celtic fanatic, no matter how he dresses it up, he hates rangers with a passion and he never shies away from that when he’s pished. He’s a disgrace to his profession. He should be taken to task as soon as it’s practicable. He would be an interesting witness.

That was said to the operator that took my call. Like @jf1960 said, we then contacted Bauer media and found out that one of them was married to someone at Hollicom. We now know that Hollicom no longer represent Celtic since May, but this was last year.

Really hollicom no longer represent Celtic? First time I have heard this? What was the reasoning behind that?
Or just lip service to protect company name?

That was said to the operator that took my call. Like @jf1960 said, we then contacted Bauer media and found out that one of them was married to someone at Hollicom. We now know that Hollicom no longer represent Celtic since May, but this was last year.
My reply from Radio Clyde's SSB bosses from last year make your own mind up ....

Sent: 20 May 2019 12:22
To: .............
Cc: Robertson, David
Subject:FW: Radio Clyde Glasgow

Hi John
Your email below has been passed to me.
As you will be aware Superscoreboard is a show on Clyde 1, a station that is designed to principally entertain our listeners in the West of Scotland with a mixture of great popular music, news and information and engaging presenters.
Our Superscoreboard show works really hard to be completely impartial and to reflect in a balanced way the views of all sides in any debate.
Within this we have to take editorial judgements on what elements we feel it is right to broadcast within an entertainment program.
We have taken the editorial judgement that any discussion of child sex abuse allegations are inappropriate for an entertainment program with a family target in mind. You will understand that we are also governed by strict OFCOM regulations on our content and its appropriateness for a family audience.
Whether those accusations were against any football club or people affiliated to any club we would treat them equally regardless of their affiliation.
It is our view that we should only discuss matters relating to football or the business of running football clubs.
We fully understand the desire by some for these matters to be discussed on the show but feel it is outwith the editorial boundaries of our entertainment program and our station and that other organisations are better placed to discuss, report and debate these matters.
I hope this gives you a greater understanding of our decision on this matter.
Best regards
Graham

Graham Bryce
Group Managing Director

The stuff that you like to see, wee shug getting dragged out into the spotlight, literally.
he’s an apologist if ever you have seen one, he’s one who will either squeal when squeezed or take his secrets and knowledge to the grave. He knows. He knows who knows, he knows who knew, and he will be a key part in all of this.
He’ll rabbit on that he’s just a daft journalist and radio presenter on a football show, but he’s much more than that. As per his journalistic profession, he has a moral duty to report on goings on that are a matter for public consumption, yet he stays deathly silent on this matter? He’s a Celtic fanatic, no matter how he dresses it up, he hates Rangers with a passion and he never shies away from that when he’s pished. He’s a disgrace to his profession. He should be taken to task as soon as it’s practicable. He would be an interesting witness.
100% mate exactly my thoughts if all this comes out that poet infested Radio Station is finished

It's persona none grata, don't dare discuss the subject of recurring sexual abuse at one of Scotlands biggest clubs. The fact the football authorities, Celtic and the Scottish government have made this a taboo subject, tells all right thinking people all you need to know. They conspire to whitewash the whole sordid affair. Power to the brave survivors and groups like spotlight ,these monsters and their unscrupulous friends need exposed.

Families would have the biggest interest in the subject, so that excuse doesn't wash.

While I'm in awe at the work being done on this thread. I have to agree with Clyde 1 (not done lightly) on this one. You can't have an open discussion on this topic between 6-8 on a weeknight with the potential young audience that could be listening whilst in their parents car.

If the show was post watershed then I'd expect it to be discussed.

While I'm in awe at the work being done on this thread. I have to agree with Clyde 1 (not done lightly) on this one. You can't have an open discussion on this topic between 6-8 on a weeknight with the potential young audience that could be listening whilst in their parents car.

So let’s say there are more convictions and it eventually leads to the club facing serious punishment from UEFA for example. Do they talk about it then?
I do take your point though, so maybe the police should be talking to Hugh?

I think there’s a delay on most phoneins to prevent a Matt Bianco (on Saturday Superstore) moment.

they could ignore the details and simply bring up a show about what punishment should celtic face for the case they have paid out on. No names, no details needed just what punishments should they face.

Of course you can! it's not descriptive, and names wouldn't be mentioned.
Maybe the younger element of their support should be aware that the club they support are animals!

I don't think involving Douglass Ross of the Conservative Party would be fruitful due to his conflict of interests as SFRA Assistant Referee and politician that would be spun by the usual apologists as anti Cellik bias however they forget conflict of interests with John Reid (I won't call him DR as it is another awarded title not earned) as an MP and pulling strings at HMRC allegedly or how Donald Findlay QC was appointed to defend the carpet bagger Whyte with his previous knowledge of being a board member at Ibrox to the detriment of our Club. Will the Labour Party CSC be any use? Who knows if Reid still has any pull.

He’ll rabbit on that he’s just a daft journalist and radio presenter on a football show, but he’s much more than that. As per his journalistic profession, he has a moral duty to report on goings on that are a matter for public consumption, yet he stays deathly silent on this matter? He’s a Celtic fanatic, no matter how he dresses it up, he hates Rangers with a passion and he never shies away from that when he’s pished. He’s a disgrace to his profession. He should be taken to task as soon as it’s practicable. He would be an interesting witness.

Great post Paulski.

And you missed he’s a bigot ;)

The progress you guys are making is astonishing.i really dont get some negative responses on here at times,this is an absolute marathon and it must consume a lot of your life’s,as has consumed the very whole lives of the victims.i have real trouble even watching clips of victims discussing the abuse that they have suffered as the first thing I do as a parent is imagine my small children been put in that situation and even typing this now the thought breaks me.i hope you guys who are working tirelessly on this have people to talk to because going through all this,uncovering,digging and reading through decades of child abuse will undoubtedly leave a mark on you too,for most on here it’s just pop a comment on the thread and get on with your day.but for you guys living and breathing it it’s so much more.i hope you have others you can open up to.i salute every single one of you.

Brilliant post and carries a lot of weight. Well said my friend.

Great post Paulski.

And you missed he’s a bigot ;)
Of course G, I almost forgot about that :)) :)) :)) :))
One thing auld shoo isn’t is daft, he might act it but he’s not stupid. He knows when to hide it, but when he’s a had a few wee nips of the auld whiskey and the wines down his neck, he can’t hold it in. He professes his love for the bheasts. He likes to kid on he isn’t a fan but when he’s behind closed doors, make no mistake, he’s a bigot if that you can be sure.

Brilliant post and carries a lot of weight. Well said my friend.
I try to put myself into situations.and going through decades of stories and looking for evidence is something I just dont think I could manage,I can only be honest about that.as for the victims I can only hope that they are given the justice they deserved long before now.i can't even start to fathom how they manage and to try toget through something like that(all alone in some cases)that's what makes the work being done on here so amazing. And when the truth outs I hope that every person that has had a negative comment about "things not happening " takes the time to come and recognize what has been happening.

Of course G, I almost forgot about that :)) :)) :)) :))
One thing auld shoo isn’t is daft, he might act it but he’s not stupid. He knows when to hide it, but when he’s a had a few wee nips of the auld whiskey and the wines down his neck, he can’t hold it in. He professes his love for the bheasts. He likes to kid on he isn’t a fan but when he’s behind closed doors, make no mistake, he’s a bigot if that you can be sure.

Well said. He hides it until the call to arms comes & then he’s their lord haw haw ;)

Of course it can be discussed. In the same way corruption or disrepute can be discussed. In the same way Penn State and their punishment was widely reported. The only problem for seems to be that it's celtic.

As said previously, everyone and their granny had a say about what happened in 2012. But according to Clyde, that is a football issue. Well, in my eyes, CSA is a football issue. It happened for decades at a football club. And for the record, I am not point scoring here. Looking for justice. IMO justice for these kids will happen. The kids aren't kids anymore. They are now men. Men who have had their childhood taken away by beasts. Men who are haunted by insufferable pain. The Team can help and alleviate the pain and get some sort of closure for them.
And I wish them all the best in their quest.

As said previously, everyone and their granny had a say about what happened in 2012. But according to Clyde, that is a football issue. Well, in my eyes, CSA is a football issue. It happened for decades at a football club. And for the record, I am not point scoring here. Looking for justice. IMO justice for these kids will happen. The kids aren't kids anymore. They are now men. Men who have had their childhood taken away by beasts. Men who are haunted by insufferable pain. The Team can help and alleviate the pain and get some sort of closure for them.
Damn right it's a football issue, despite what Clyde says.

Everyone queued up to say how titles and trophies should be stripped because we'd won them with players we couldn't have afforded without EBTs.

How many players who helped them win the same titles and trophies - and the Champions League millions - would have signed if they'd known the history of the club who wanted their signature?

Damn right it's a football issue, despite what Clyde says.

Everyone queued up to say how titles and trophies should be stripped because we'd won them with players we couldn't have afforded without EBTs.

How many players who helped them win the same titles and trophies - and the Champions League millions - would have signed if they'd known the history of the club who wanted their signature?

another footballing issue is why are they continued to plough on signing players with 'so many off field issues?' Surely they should have a transfer ban until court cases are resolved?

For me there's not even an equivalence, and I think we'd do better to keep the financial issues of Rangers out of the discussion or it will look like a tit for tat.

Child abuse at Celtic was a systemic issue with calculated cover ups still ongoing to this day. They must be punished for what they've done.

Kheevins was outed as a cellik fan by a caller who worked with his son in a bingo hall a few years ago live on SSB. Another open secret this is a man who pretended to be a Clydebank fan and when they were going belly up he done nothing to help from his position as a TV personality a ahem journalist and a mouthpiece on Clyde now if I was Protestant Shug and the club I proffessed to support was in trouble I would have been doing my damdest to save my club.

Back