We cannot sell Morelos if we want to win the title.

Laudrup is God

I was resigned to losing him and I think he wanted to go but there seems to be a change in him and I think if we want to win the title we can’t sell him.

Imo Itten and Roofe won’t get enough goals to replace Morelos goals and that’s not me having a go I think Itten might be one who needs a few months maybe even a season to find his feet with us and Roofe does his best work outside the box with tremendous movement and him and Alfie would be sensational.

I used to think that but i get the feeling now keeping him will just cause more trouble, when the manager is calling out his attitude it's really not a good thing. Not to mention if he sulks all season his value will nosedive.

Most of us knew that, but many are obsessed by new signings assuming they will be automatically better.

He did seem to want away, coupled with Gerrard saying his head had been turned, I think we can forgive the fans that wanted to look to the future and put hope in the new signings rather than a player that wanted to leave. But I do agree, we stand a better chance with him staying. Great player.

Most of us knew that, but many are obsessed by new signings assuming they will be automatically better.
Think our manager and board also know this and only if a very large offer is made anything will happen, why any Rangers fan would want him to go for a new player baffles me, Alfie is tied to the club for a long while before it would be mad not to sell him for good cash

Our chances are so much better with Alfie on it. He’s worth keeping for that alone. He won’t play all the time now either, and that may be better for him.

Agree on Roofe, Itten will be gone in 12 months in my opinion but I'm not a scout or a coach, I just don't see him fitting in.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
No offense but you're talking absolute lillian gish. We've seen nowhere near enough of Itten yet to make any kind of reasonable judgement on him ffs!!

I think that’s a wild statement. We’ve not won anything since he’s been here.
I’d be ok with him staying but how we reinvest the transfer fee in the team could be the defining factor regarding the title.

If we use his fee for a couple of central midfielders and a right sided attacker, it’s far from season over.

What if we keep him and he does an ACL in the first game after the window closes - you giving up?

If we sell him and that’s all we have for the season I can’t see us having enough mate as Roofe looks to have injury problems but Gerrard said it was just tight and it was a precaution so 6 weeks then lol.

If his head is in the game then I agree, however far too often he has allowed himself to become totally unfocused. As talented as he undoubtedly is and as much as his treatment in this country has been utterly pathetic from officials, opposition players and the media, I have yet to see him be able to put a 9-10 month spell of consistent, focused play. For that reason, I'd be quite happy to see him moved on and put an end to the Alfredo Morelos circus.

It will be a shame and I will forever be wishing it had went different for him (cup final last year springs to mind), but for whatever reason he allows himself to become too distracted and we cannot be reliant on that player.

That said, we do now have more options so that reliance may not be as large and if he stays and works his socks off then fair play to him.

Why don’t you see him fitting in?
I think he's a 'target man' and that's not how we play. If it was, I don't think he looks strong enough to play that role in the SPL.

I don't see that 'cutting edge', being in the right place, the nice touches or instinctively taking a shot.
Sure it's early doors but so far there's not been a glimmer of that.
His career is not a career that has shown growth, is actually gone in reverse before us. He went from Basel to St Gallen, that's like going from us to Alloa.
The Swiss league is believe it or not is a worse league than the SPL.

He's had 2 caps and scored, against Georgia and Gibraltar.

I find it a bizarre signing considering we were potentially looking for a Morelos replacement.

As I said I don't think he's a bad player, I just don't think he's at our level.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I know it was only vs lincoln red imps but he shows again he is by far the best striker at the club. The season that the scum are going for 10 we need Morelos in my opinion, to me he is irreplaceable.
Fair enough

The scum were going for 9 and he was rotten after the 29th december but am no turning this into a bashing Alfie thread.

He looks happier bit more importantly he has lost some weight, I would be happy to keep him for this season. Teams can’t handle him he gives us an option we wouldn’t have.

I was resigned to losing him and I think he wanted to go but there seems to be a change in him and I think if we want to win the title we can’t sell him.

Imo Itten and Roofe won’t get enough goals to replace Morelos goals and that’s not me having a go I think Itten might be one who needs a few months maybe even a season to find his feet with us and Roofe does his best work outside the box with tremendous movement and him and Alfie would be sensational.

Morelos on form absolutely ragdolls defenses, domestically and in the Europa. Personally I think he'll be gone. If he stays he better screw the nut a bit

The Tim’s will only target him and he will lose the rag and potentially be red carded again
That’s my fear right there,he can lose it at any time and this year more than any he will be targeted by scum refs.

Bit early to be writing off Itten but I agree I'd like Morelos to stay just one more season.
Itten is a flop let’s be honest. Some transfers work some don’t he will be away on loan in January and gone at end of season

I used to think that but i get the feeling now keeping him will just cause more trouble, when the manager is calling out his attitude it's really not a good thing. Not to mention if he sulks all season his value will nosedive.
Sulk all season? He looked happy today and his teammates were not showing signs of petulance from him.
The enablers have bigger issues with the French Boyd, than we do with Alfie.

Back