We cannot sell Morelos if we want to win the title.

I think he's a 'target man' and that's not how we play. If it was, I don't think he looks strong enough to play that role in the SPL.

I don't see that 'cutting edge', being in the right place, the nice touches or instinctively taking a shot.
Sure it's early doors but so far there's not been a glimmer of that.
His career is not a career that has shown growth, is actually gone in reverse before us. He went from Basel to St Gallen, that's like going from us to Alloa.
The Swiss league is believe it or not a wide league than the SPL.

He's had 2 caps and scored, against Georgia and Gibraltar.

I find it a bizarre signing considering we were potentially looking for a Morelos replacement.

As I said I don't think he's a bad player, I just don't think he's at our level.

Maybe I'm wrong.
I think your assessment is harsh. He’s more than a target man, he creates space, holds up well and has very good link up play, he’s a young guy away from home for the first time so it’s going to take him time, but he can play and is strong enough to play in Scotland. I don’t know much about Swiss football but did St Gallen not finish 2nd in the top league?

It would be great if we could keep him as there is no doubt about it, on his day he is worth the entrance fee.
Be great if we could ask him for one more season and if he screws the nut, keeps up his positive attitude, keeps performing and we get 55 then we wont stand in his way to leave next summer. Could write into his contract that he gets say £1m signing on fee as well.
If he could do this, continue performing, scoring goals and keeping his behaviour in check his valuation will soar.

If Morelos is focused and hungry I want him to stay.

If Morelos is uninterested and has his mind elsewhere I want him gone.

It's up to Alfie to show us what Morelos we're going to be getting moving forward.. starting with Hibs on Sunday where he'll be in the starting 11.

A week or two from now he might get sent off and you'll be right back to wanting him gone. He's that type of player.

I'm happy were getting goals from other positions but I feel we're going to his him digging us out of games where we go flat.
Now if he gets sent off we have the depth to deal with it. Wouldn’t it be great if he didn’t though :D

I think your assessment is harsh. He’s more than a target man, he creates space, holds up well and has very good link up play, he’s a young guy away from home for the first time so it’s going to take him time, but he can play and is strong enough to play in Scotland. I don’t know much about Swiss football but did St Gallen not finish 2nd in the top league?
We'll see, hopefully I'm wrong and as someone else mentioned, Hateley was ripped to pieces when he arrived.
They did finish 2nd but trust me the Swiss league is terrible.

Agree on Roofe, Itten will be gone in 12 months in my opinion but I'm not a scout or a coach, I just don't see him fitting in.
Hopefully I'm how can u possibly say that about itten
Itten is a flop let’s be honest. Some transfers work some don’t he will be away on loan in January and gone at end of season
A cant believe you are saying that. This is what is wrong with some rangers fan give the boy a chance get a grip

If we get offered the reported 20 mill we are looking for either by Lille or anyone else and he wants to go it will happen no matter what we all wish for on here. I would like him to stay for this season at least but only if he is focused.

Roofe and Itten are step downs from Morelos.

He is the most exciting player at the club and the one who wins us games, I would much rather have him here than not.

He wasn't "rotten" from Christmas, granted he wasn't as good as he had been, but you could say that about the whole first team squad.

It also isn't fair to write players off early, and Itten has every chance to come good here, however he's not been able to get a start whilst Alfie has been benched and that probably says a lot about how he's presenting in training etc, he will need to take his chances when they come as I don't think he'll get many chances to impress.

Roofe and Itten are step downs from Morelos.

He is the most exciting player at the club and the one who wins us games, I would much rather have him here than not.

He wasn't "rotten" from Christmas, granted he wasn't as good as he had been, but you could say that about the whole first team squad.

It also isn't fair to write players off early, and Itten has every chance to come good here, however he's not been able to get a start whilst Alfie has been benched and that probably says a lot about how he's presenting in training etc.

Kent’s by far the most exciting player we have.

I disagree.

Alfie is a great striker and there’s no doubt about it. That said I actually think his best all-round displays are against strong European opposition where his strength helps us to get into games. He gives top defenders a dog’s life and that’s why he’s worth massive money.

Domestically, he’s scored goals of course but he’s been far too streaky. That’s a particular issue as, when he isn’t scoring, he doesn’t link especially well in the tight spaces we usually have to work in in Scotland. It’s very rare we get 50 yards to play into the way Aberdeen gave us on the opening day.

I actually think Hagi and Kent have looked more threatening playing along with Roofe, whose movement is exceptional and who links very well in small gaps.

As I say, that’s not all to say he’s not a great Player and one of our best individuals. Just that we may get a lot more out of others if they play with a striker not so focussed on himself.

Another big issue is he is obviously reffed to a uniquely harsh standard in this country. You can almost guarantee he will be sent off three times this season for nothing.

I'm sure many will disagree, but I just don't think we would've bought both Itten & Roofe when we did if it wasn't to prepare for him going.

Fair enough he looks fitter & chirpier, but i dont think anything had changed - he wants a move, the fee if right would be welcomed for a number.ber of reasons.

There are a couple of players in our squad where if they were to leave, I think we'd struggle to mount a title challenge even if we spent to replace them.

I do think we could could win the league without Morelos, as highly as I rate him.

If you forget about last season and are easily distracted by shiny objects irl maybe.

He's started the season on fire but Alfie is the match winner

And if you airbrush Alfie’s form since last December till today then maybe your right.

The scum were going for 9 and he was rotten after the 29th december but am no turning this into a bashing Alfie thread.
[/QUOTE]
Is he worth £20m ?

I thought we might have had to sell Morelos to strengthen. That and feeling a move away may have been best for both parties - nothing to do with a lack of quality because he's shit hot.

Screw that.

Our current best 11 is almost the same as last season. The midfield hasn't been upgraded and if we lose Morelos we are weaker and will need to replace him.

I'll be greedy. Keep Morelos and add two more players.

Can we really afford to go through the same pantomime in the January window, especially if we are chasing the league? Much as I would love Alfie to stay the right time (if we receive the right bid) is for him to go now & use the free cash to strengthen our all round player pool. Hard decision for the board!

I just think we need to be aware that Roofe and Itten don't look like they have goals in them, albeit Roofe could be great with Kent, Hagi, and Alfie

Itten to be gone within 12 months, heard it all now ffs this place is a joke.

Thank god the players dont need to play infront of toxic fans that spout this pish.

I actually really like Itten and maybe if the guy had a chance to settle he will show what he is all about.

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly would have agreed with you up to Christmas last year, but if anything has been proven as much as he is real quality when on his game, we cannot and should not rely on him as inevitably he lets us down. Would love him to stay and agree him and Roofe could be a deadly combo. Keep him - really hope so ... Sell him or we won’t win the League - Not necessarily.

Itten to be gone within 12 months, heard it all now ffs this place is a joke.

Thank god the players dont need to play infront of toxic fans that spout this pish.

I actually really like Itten and maybe if the guy had a chance to settle he will show what he is all about.

That’s my point why we can’t sell Alfie he will take some time to settle imo

Back