We cannot sell Morelos if we want to win the title.

I just don't see it and coming from a league that is worse than the SPL doesn't fill me with hope.
I don't think he's a bad player, I just don't think he's at our level.
As I said hopefully I'm proved wrong.
Are you saying Switzerland has a worse league than us. I would dispute that unless kicking teams off the park is a skill.

Some of his own “support” are fecking worse than the arseholes who demonise him, make no mistake they want him gone from Scottish football it’s just we have to many thickos who go along with the Morelos nutcase agenda being driven by the cranks in the 19th Century Terrorist media.
If last weeks studding and the subsequent no action couldn’t waken some coma victims in our support up to the fact this guy is being deliberately targeted nothing will.
Exactly. Its quite easy to shout, effing sell him the noo, without looking at the positives of Alfie that by far out weigh the negatives.

Said on another post I wasn’t excited about roofe and got slaughtered I think it was more I wasn’t excited with the prospect of him replacing Alfie as he’s a massive loss , 2 big of shoes to fill I think , I think wee need morelos goals to win the league
We need Itten to get goals

People really need to drop the Hateley shite -he had a pedigree way beyond any player that struggles when we sign them-way beyond.
I think when people talk about Hateley I think its part of the crowd that just started going to Ibrox then.

Sorry? you need to expand on this? is this the same as Hateley would have been viewed as a flop after a similar amount of time, you are talking total and utter nonsense.
This characters at it. Hes been posting nonsence like this all night at the same time telling us hes no coach or scout.

He did nothing tonight apart from a tap in and an admittedly tidy finish against a knackered part time team.

No Rangers player has ever been as moody - meaning often not trying - and gotten this big a pass from fans. He’s a good player when he wants to be and that’s not what I expect.

Itten looks a better linking player in the penalty box and Roofe has top class movement and seems more of a predator. Give me them plus £20m so we can get what we really need - midfielders who can play an early freaking ball!

Not trying ?

I’m sick of hearing this bullshit.

I’ll put you on ignore & you can hurt other people’s ears.

So he scores a couple against a fuckin pub team and hes the guy that's gonna win us 55.
Ffs. The gig is over with Alfie, I wish with all my heart it wasnt but it is . But giving him the benefit of the doubt, let's see what happens on Sunday.

I’ve been supportive of selling for the right money. The later we get into the window though the more risky it gets. Add to the fact he looks like he’s got himself back in the zone, it’s tricky. I would say that if we do sell - and reinvest - it is not the end of the season, clearly not.

Yup - note the location of said link play. Alfie comes deep and does a good job there but in the box he’s head down, laces through. Fine, but I like Itten in the box way more for the role it plays for the team - head up and always trying to get a flick or a nod. That’ll be more important for us against deep packed defences.

If Morelos stays I would think he will have a lot more assists than Itten even in the box-Itten likes space to play in I really don't see what you see based on the goals Itten scored or was involved in last season.

Anybody comparing Itten to the Hateley situation need sectioned,sell Morelos we sell the league,it’s that simple!!
Nobody as far as I can see has compared him as a player to hateley.

The comparisons are, that if it was down to the football experts among our support, we would have missed out on by far the best striking rangers partnership I've ever seen

Anyone arguing that selling a guy with a poor post-Christmas scoring record and an abysmal one against Celtic means that we cannot win the league is at it, quite frankly. It's a ludicrous suggestion.

So he scores a couple against a fuckin pub team and hes the guy that's gonna win us 55.
Ffs. The gig is over with Alfie, I wish with all my heart it wasnt but it is . But giving him the benefit of the doubt, let's see what happens on Sunday.
He scored two more goals against a fuckin pub team than our two new signings managed, Defoe managed one coming on as a sub.
Really nice of you to give him the benefit of the doubt on Sunday.

I think people are overreacting massively to two goals against a semi pro team.

I’d still start him on Sunday, but any idea that selling Morelos is selling the league is mental. It seems pretty clear that the club are/were preparing to sell him with Roofe and Itten coming in and some of the stuff that Gerrard had said - are they wrong as well?

We’re bigger than one player.

I think people are overreacting massively to two goals against a semi pro team.

I’d still start him on Sunday, but any idea that selling Morelos is selling the league is mental. It seems pretty clear that the club are/were preparing to sell him with Roofe and Itten coming in and some of the stuff that Gerrard had said - are they wrong as well?

We’re bigger than one player.
True but being able to rotate a forward line of Defoe itten roofe and morelos is unreal options. All it takes is one injury.

Morelos is still our best player IMO.

Roofe and Itten don't fill me with confidence at all in all honesty.

It's a weird one, because we've heard the same idea being put forward every year since he's signed and we've still to win the league, or even mount a serious title challenge, with Morelos up-front.

There are a range of issues at play there, of course, but I don't think there's been another striker (or player, for that matter) in Rangers' history where fans continually put forward the theory that a guy who has yet to play a part in any kind of domestic success is absolutely crucial towards the future success of the team. At what other point in our history, recent or otherwise, would a guy in a team who's won nothing be described as "irreplaceable?" How long are we going to be demanding that he give us, "one more season"?

This is his fourth season with the club, and we're still waiting on him doing something that he's still to do in his Rangers career, which is consistently deliver the goods post-Christmas (6 goals in 2018; 10 in 2019, which is far better, but the league was well and truly gone by that point anyway; and 1 in 2020, when there was still something approaching a title campaign).

You could say it's a case of fool me once, shame on you, etc, or unhappy the land in need of heroes, but there's a strange kind of collective amnesia and pressure heaped on his shoulders that's probably not healthy for him or the supporters.

I also think some of the newfound praise he's came in for from tonight should be tempered by the fact that it's on the back of two goals (as nicely taken as they were) against a part-time mob from Gibraltar :D

This makes no sense.

Morelos is not individually responsible for us failing to win the Title - it's collective.

Indeed, he's won us countless points more of less on his own.

If Morelos was part of a Rangers squad which included Gough, Ferguson, Albertz and Hateley, he'd have won lots of silverware.

I don’t need to tell you Hateleys calibre before joining us compared to Itten surely,not writing Itten off whatsoever but he needs time Rangers don’t have.

So if we keep Morelos and he gets an ACL, then are you just giving up and throwing the towel in?

Don’t be daft. Think about what you’re saying before you post it.

Morelos has yet to prove he can score goals consistently over a whole season, any idea that our success in intrinsically linked to him this year is totally misplaced.

Anyone arguing that selling a guy with a poor post-Christmas scoring record and an abysmal one against Celtic means that we cannot win the league is at it, quite frankly. It's a ludicrous suggestion.
It's not Celtic we struggled against though ia it. Its the breas and butter bank of 10 men.

This makes no sense.

Morelos is not individually responsible for us failing to win the Title - it's collective.

Indeed, he's won us countless points more of less on his own.

Of course he is, thus making the narrative that the league is lost if we sell him all the more untenable.

His goals per points ratio is also much poorer than you're giving credit for. Football clubs place a premium on this particular stat, which may be one of the reasons we're still to find a buyer, which, when we're talking about how good he is, becomes a bit of an elephant in the room.

As good as Roofe looks (mainly outside the box ) do you think him and Itten replace what Alfie gives us Seriously?!!

I don’t need to tell you Hateleys calibre before joining us compared to Itten surely,not writing Itten off whatsoever but he needs time Rangers don’t have.
What do you mean they dont have time? We've got all the time in the world. Not bad considering that our time was nearly up full stop.

True but being able to rotate a forward line of Defoe itten roofe and morelos is unreal options. All it takes is one injury.

Can’t (and won’t) argue with that mate, only thing is that we have a manager who very rarely rotates and I’m not sure how four strikers for one slot really works with him in charge, or how it works for us financially.

All I’d say is that a week or so ago, very few were having Morelos starting against Hibs and we need to be wary of just how bad - and how tired - Imps were later in that game.

Nonetheless, it’ll be good to see Morelos through that virgin Porteous about like an empty t-shirt.

Alfie will score against them at the sty

Itten is not good enough from what I’ve seen so far

Big dykes should have been signed
Aye nae bother. "Big" Dykes. Would you be saying he wasnt goos enough also if he hadn't scored within his first 3 appearances?

Some have gotten their panties twisted here :))

With Morelos I feel along with Roofe Itten Defoe Kent Hagi we have a great chance to win the league the team are spreading goals around and if Alfie starts to weigh in heavily with goals too we will be far too much for everyone in this league imo.

If we sell Alfie and itten and Roofe are the replacements and with Roofe injury worries I don’t think we have enough to win the league that’s what I was getting at.

Also say we bring in another striker he could take time to settle like Itten and so on.

I think Alfie will go a long way to helping us win 55, but i don't think its dependant on him alone. He will be back to having a target on his back this weekend unfortunately.
With regards the numerous posters questioning & stating they think Itten will be away/he's not up to it, I thought he was a longer term signing, it was Roofe that was signed for the here & now? Give the guy some time ffs. Bigger names & possibly better players have started slowly, only to turn things around.

So if we keep Morelos and he gets an ACL, then are you just giving up and throwing the towel in?

Don’t be daft. Think about what you’re saying before you post it.

Morelos has yet to prove he can score goals consistently over a whole season, any idea that our success in intrinsically linked to him this year is totally misplaced.

A wouldn’t fancy us without Morelos this season 100%

I do wonder if we’ve imposed a cut off date for his sale.

If Lille or anyone else came back in with the bucks we’re after on the last day of the window it’s no use to us if we’re unable to use the money to strengthen.

Could it be that date has actually come and gone and Alfie is now resigned to another yesr with us?

Book marked a couple of these posts. Absolute belters. The hard on for players who play in the scottish league is mental. If Itten had signed for Livi and banged a couple in the same posters would be asking to sign them. Absolute fuds.

I dont really understand the desperation around wanting Morelos to stay.

We are a selling club, he wants to go, management seem happy to sell and we potentially receive a massive fee.

I have absolute faith in the scouting/management to spend any fee wisely and improve the 1st team.

I do wonder if we’ve imposed a cut off date for his sale.

If Lille or anyone else came back in with the bucks we’re after on the last day of the window it’s no use to us if we’re unable to use the money to strengthen.

Could it be that date has actually come and gone and Alfie is now resigned to another yesr with us?

Selling him on the last day of the window is useless to us, if he’s not gone in the next fortnight then that’s got to be that.

We need 2/3 to come in if Morelos goes for the desired amount.

Book marked a couple of these posts. Absolute belters. The hard on for players who play in the scottish league is mental. If Itten had signed for Livi and banged a couple in the same posters would be asking to sign them. Absolute fuds.

Saw on Twitter that Itten has played a combined amount of slightly less than 2.5 games.

You’d think after Barisic last season and Kent this season, FF users would have learned to hold off before writing players off - but even then, less than two and a half games?!

Some genuinely stupid people on here.

Back