Club Statement - notice of complaint has been raised against Steven Gerrard, for comments relating to the challenge which caused injury to Morelos

The joke of a charge against the manager is very similar to the way that Alfredo has been treated in Scotland.
They are trying to drive him out like they have Alfredo.
They are scared that he will resurrect the club fully and are doing everything they can to get him to leave Scottish football.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is an orchestrated effort.
Let’s hope that Stevie G’s renowned fighting spirit comes through.
However, there is a real risk he will leave us at the end of the season even if he wins the league.
No wonder he looked ‘tense’ at the weekend if he knew that this was on the way.
100% mate . They have a blatant agenda against us and clearly trying to drive Gerrard and Alfredo out of our club as they realise the threat we now pose to the Tim's. With hierarchy like this we will always be up against it. Seriously its time to explore all options to get out of this corrupti association

Do posters honestly think that the corrupt spfl will drive Gerrard out of Scotland.if he leaves it won,t be because of them.

Explain these two things to me:

1. How can we change to status quo when we are not ones in charge?

2. How can we speak out and effectively challenge when, very time we try, we are held to account by the ‘authorities’ or ridiculed by the press?

These are genuine questions. I hope you have the answers but, if you don’t maybe it would be better to get behind our officials rather than slagging them off when you have no answers yourself.
how about making the dossier we had at the end of last season public then the press cant hde behind lies or how about just actually coming out to uefa and getting the backing of the english FA to show the world just what we have had to put up with

What are the options open to us? Serious question on what the procedure is. We go, plead our case and Gerrard gets hit with a ban. Is there a right of appeal? To whom? Would it be worth it?
I’d rather the club tried and failed, than let the status quo remain.

The Tom Boyd issue is an open goal for the club. Charged two years ago, comments which were many times stronger than Gerard’s questioning the officials, nothing has happened.

We need someone at the very top of the club, a Chairman with respect who has achieved everything in the game and is known and respected worldwide and who won't take their shite.
Walter or Souness.
Half the shite going on recently probably wouldn't happen if the fuckers knew they would be dealing with either of them.
We are Rangers and need to be led from the front in this "war".

There’s an easy defense here. Morelos “reputation”.
Breached rule 72 suggesting his or incompetence by match official.

There was a manager last season post match said "But Rangers get those decisions, we dont" - can anyone remember who it was?

Lennon has come out and criticised the refs on numerous occasions and Im not certain he cited on every single occasion.

Rangers defence here will surely be to point to other managers and their comments and how precedent was set when they were not charged.

Didn't Levein quote Lennon at one point "As Neil said.........." and was cited - but Lennon hadn't been?

We need someone at the very top of the club, a Chairman with respect who has achieved everything in the game and is known and respected worldwide and who won't take their shite.
Walter or Souness.
Half the shite going on recently probably wouldn't happen if the fuckers knew they would be dealing with either of them.
OP I do think it needs someone who is savvy politically, former managers are ok but fighting media and a pack of hyenas needs someone who is well used to this.

Walter or Souness.
Apologies folks.
I went off on one there and couldn't stop pressing buttons.
Raging.
Couldn't even remember what the thread was, was about Gerrard but anger kicked in.

We need to go on the front foot.

We need to make an official complaint.

Kevin Clancy is a cheat. He cannot referee any match involving us (his behated team) and/or CFC (his beloved team) with any measure of fairness.

Produce the evidence and present it to UEFA.

Attack is the best form of defence.

hasn't Lennon and most of his staff/players done this a million times? Brown has certainly done it quite a bit as well. Would say Tom Boyd as well although he's part of their TV pish, not sure if that counts
How? Please explain how. That just results in the club being censured, fined and warned about future conduct. The next stage is points deduction.
We just sit back and take it then?

After Clancy comments in his mhedia interview before the season started he clearly highlights all the refs “know what’s at stake this season in particular”

I cannot remember any other referee in history who has been wheeled out to discuss anything like this before any season starts

Why did Stewart Robertson not ask via a pro Rangers journalist like Chris Jack or Andy Devlin etc why did Clancy not apologise to Alfie and Rangers after even failing to award a free kick for that shocker of a tackle ??

Robertson IMO is too soft and certainly he needs to go public and ask why our club is treated differently

We are all sick of the dignified silence and the false promises of “not be found wanting” well we have been let down and it’s time to fight back

46,000 ST have backed the club and we want action. We know no games will probs be allowed at Ibrox and our loyalty should not be taken for granted

Take them head on Rangers

Back the gaffer to the hilt

I dont think I have ever heard him o teh radio or seen him on the TV - it might just be me. If hes the guy then why is he not highlighting the Morelos incident etc.
I think when the media came out with the story of him being an Orangeman and Ulster Unionist the board have bottled it again and have him on a leash preventing him from doing what he was brought in to do.
Just my opinion reading between the lines, as you say, haven't heard a peep from him.

We can fight this as robustly as we want the outcome will already be decided and there’s literally %^*& all we can do about it. Just have to look at the whole ending of the season early and the corruption there to see what can’t do anything to fight this.

Tragic when you realise that from the outside looking in, he’s the only thing that’s attractive about our game and I don’t mean that he’s a handsome bastard.

It’s nothing to do with Gerrard. They just get kicks from anything that makes us suffer. We never bite back or do anything, so they know they can continue regardless and carry on laughing.

Look at the vote debacle. Seriously. Look at it. They will have found that hilarious. And they got away with it. That wasn’t Gerrard, it’s Rangers. We knew it would continue to happen, and it is.

I think its naive not to believe they are trying to push Gerrard's buttons.

He is box office. Global reputation. He raised the profile of our club and has brought in players like Kent and Aribo whom I suspect wouldn't have been remotely interested in coming up to this backwater without him. Similarly, we have a backroom staff in place now that I think we would have struggled to attract otherwise (indeed one of them opted not to come here previously when a different manager was in charge).

Make no mistake, driving Gerrard out would be seen as a victory to those cunts.

That said, Gerrard and the rest of the club need to start going on the front foot. His comment regarding the injury to Morelos was half-arsed. Just come right out and call it for what it is, Steven.

"We're disappointed that from our perspective the opposition player took an opportunity to follow through in the tackle and we now have a player with a full thickness gash on his leg, being stitched up. I'm bemused as to how the referee has decided there wasn't even a foul, never mind a card. Maybe he'd like to show some professional courtesy and come and explain it to me as he seemed to be looking right at it. It's worrying that some of our players seem to be unable to depend on any sort of protection from these types of incidents".

He could then have reiterated that latter point after the Hibs game.

If you're going to give the cunts half an opening to haul you over the coals, at least leave no-one in any doubt as to your thoughts on the situation.

Could even be smart and send McAllister or one of the other coaches out to make those comments, if he wants to avoid a touchline ban.

We need to learn to play the game. It is long overdue.

Considering that Gerrard has yet to win a trophy with Rangers and has yet to look like he can coach that ruthlessness into a team that will help us win a trophy, the last thing I'd be doing if I was an enemy of the club is drive Gerrard out of Rangers.

While this charge is obviously despicable and biased i can't help but think that it's not only our management that needs to call out the corruption, our players need to take up the mantle on the field.
The team need to pressure and question the refs after every incorrect decision and force the narrative. We should be in their fkn cheatin faces after every bad foul, we should be screaming for offsides irrespective and we should be setting the agenda.
We are too fkn easy to cheat...

Considering that Gerrard has yet to win a trophy with Rangers and has yet to look like he can coach that ruthlessness into a team that will help us win a trophy, the last thing I'd be doing if I was an enemy of the club is drive Gerrard out of Rangers.

Don't you think there would be celebrations on here by the majority of posters if "we" somehow drove Lennon out of the piggery, regardless of whether he was winning, drawing or losing?

They would see driving Gerrard out as a scalp.

Emotions aside, where would it actually leave us? Majority of those players would follow him over the next couple of windows. We'd be right back at square one.

Rather like Alfie, I think there are obvious weaknesses in having Gerrard at the club, but at this precise moment in time I think we're better served by having him than having to replace him.

I don’t know why our board of directors have been taken by surprise this was eventually going to happen! Trying their hardest get to Morelos now the manager. If board persistently keep the mouths shut they are prime targets of a corrupt SFA & SPFL.

We need an ex player with a prominent stage to highlight and beguile this - something we don't have unfortunately. The mentally challengeds have useful idiots who get their message out in the media without any backlash. We on the other hand seem to have media darlings. F ucking hate this country at times, bastards have their mucky toenails into everything.

The joke of a charge against the manager is very similar to the way that Alfredo has been treated in Scotland.
They are trying to drive him out like they have Alfredo.
They are scared that he will resurrect the club fully and are doing everything they can to get him to leave Scottish football.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is an orchestrated effort.
Let’s hope that Stevie G’s renowned fighting spirit comes through.
However, there is a real risk he will leave us at the end of the season even if he wins the league.
No wonder he looked ‘tense’ at the weekend if he knew that this was on the way.

No they're not. That's Timmy levels of paranoia right there. Holy moley... :rolleyes:

We need to go on the front foot.

We need to make an official complaint.

Kevin Clancy is a cheat. He cannot referee any match involving us (his behated team) and/or CFC (his beloved team) with any measure of fairness.

Produce the evidence and present it to UEFA.

Attack is the best form of defence.
I said this last week, go after these corrupt bastards, force them into stepping down, referee strike, so what. Had one of those already. I’m sick of the suits and corrupt fc getting away with this shit week in, week out.
Call it out, Rangers.

We need an ex player with a prominent stage to highlight and beguile this - something we don't have unfortunately. The mentally challengeds have useful idiots who get their message out in the media without any backlash. We on the other hand seem to have media darlings. F ucking hate this country at times, bastards have their mucky toenails into everything.
you would think with his friends down south gerrard would be getting them to say just one sided it is up here on sky sports or whatever

What's the worst that could happen? Seriously? Banished to the empty stand? A fine? It's worth it. He simply has to go public. The club have to go public. Statements are one thing, but somebody from the club calling it out should be the way forward.

Back