Strange marketing choice by JD Sports supporting celtc.

I saw that and just assumed they done one for both clubs.

They didn’t??

If so agree with OP. Very curious marketing if not aligned officially to the club as a main retailer.

Used to be my favourite sports shop. Now wont go near it as they are packing your gear into Celtic branded bags, Im not gonna be walking about with that!

Was there not some sort of commercial tie up with them in the summer?
No sure but they get exclusive adidas trainers so I'd imagine its a tie in with that somehow as that's thier shirt manufacturer! Just a guess but duck them anyways I won't give them another penny

If only went out supporting tge paedo harbourers then they obviously don't think the blue pound matters to their survival during COVID. Colours nailed to the mast, even if it is a marketing agreement its a big gamble taking sides with either of the old firm

Publicly aligning yourself with an organisation that condones terrorism and child abuse?

1jgjyxbWi7dbZS2QVL4sgOFkooxBlCh55D6Ww6GFvNovfQiGdSrzYFCGEFGLWnhgJFfD7GIFvcXd4iRujvTma-N-unT82jMn--XpOFjzw0S1sIASGgQMUeSa7vIEsVd4QTW0Y_JxonXVEUK0R5wylax0-bzzGrDnAoA

I went past their shop at Newcraighall and if it was not for the sign saying JD Sports you would have thought it was an official Celtic Shop from the outside.

Reactions: KL2
I went past their shop at Newcraighall and if it was not for the sign saying JD Sports you would have thought it was an official Celtic Shop from the outside.

Same with the one in Kilmarnock. Not sure how they make any money as it's always empty with the staff twiddling their thumbs.

That's atrocious. It's still meant to be a feckin sports shop, not an unofficial Bheggars store. Just another example of how the Scottish MSM's complete silence on the elephant in the room ie their 40-year paedo-ring allows previously respected companies to continue to form business partnerships with them. Might be worth a few timely emails to remind them of who they jumped into bed with, if you'll excuse the entirely inappropriate pun.

I used to buy from JD sports until the partnership with Nonce FC. I closed my account and unsubscribed from their email list I did send them a email with the reasons why I will never buy from them again.
Actually laughed out loud, the lengths of staunchness of people on here is brilliant!

Confirmed what I already wondered!
Another who will NOT spend a penny in any of their shops!
I have done in the past!-no more.

So that's two Celtc shops in Braehead now. Going to need to go in there with a blind fold on along with a mask.

I'm pretty sure that the official link is between JD and adidas (not directly with Celtic), similar to the set up JD and adidas have with the Scottish national team kit.

Last edited:
Back in the 80's CR Smith sponsored both of us which was good business sense for a company who are based in the West of Scotland. They probably got good trade out of the mentally challengeds with the amount of windows they had to replace after a defeat.

As for JD they are all over the UK and see the tie in with the mentally challengeds as good business and probably dont give a shit about who they upset with a tweet. In saying that in a place like Scotland if they want to do this, they need not complain if business takes a dive.

Wasn’t aware of this. Giving out Celtc bags! Fuxsake. They always had a good supply of our kits previously and were bitter rivals with Ashley. Will be going elsewhere. Don’t understand anyone who gives it the staunch pish, why would you engage with any retailer or brand that openly support them?

The short sightedness from companies like this are helping the downfall of these rats.
The tramps think they are bigger than they are, when really they are just a bang average football club built on lies and deceit. Hated universally, their own ego will end up eating them up eventually, and the eating has already begun.
The timplosion will be a glorious sight.
Fuck JD, they don’t get a coin from me, and I like spending money on my trainers so that’s one less customer and I’m sure there will be many many more.

Back in the 80's CR Smith sponsored both of us which was good business sense for a company who are based in the West of Scotland.

Dunfermline is in the West?

CR Smith’s boss (Gerard Eddie) is one of them but saw the sense in sponsoring both clubs. Although he did go back and sponsor them later.

I doubt we will see the same firm sponsoring both clubs these days but you never know.

Back