Strange marketing choice by JD Sports supporting celtc.

Can’t imagine why any business would think I’d want to buy from paedo harbourers. Idiots

It would have been us if not for Ashley. We had a deal arranged with JD.

Worked out quite well in the end, criticise Castore for their mistakes all you want but the approach we are taking with them is preferable to having one sole retail partner imo.

I'm pretty sure that the official link is between JD and adidas (not directly with Celtic), similar to the set up JD and adidas have with the Scottish national team kit.
It is, JD have had a relationship with Adidas for years.

They would be our official partner if we were with Adidas.

Really don’t see the issue here. JD are still a viable alternative to the fat man.

It is, JD have had a relationship with Adidas for years.

They would be our official partner if we were with Adidas.

Really don’t see the issue here. JD are still a viable alternative to the fat man.
Pretty sure Ashley has a stake in JD

There's a jd in Abbey Centre just across the road from me and about a year ago I was in the queue and there was a row going on between a customer at the front and the staff. The customer then lifted up the bag they tried to give him and shouted these 19th Century Terrorist bastards are giving out bags that are tricolours. And right enough the bags had big green white and orange stripes. About 5 people in the queue including my wife just fucked the stuff on the ground and walked out. They got some abuse all over social media for it and i think they replaced them fairly quickly.

It’s obviously one of their main partnerships/sponsors haha.

32 Red were tweeting about us and retweeting Come on Rangers etc, is that a problem?

Pretty sure Ashley has a stake in JD
Not sure that’s the case....

why would you engage with any retailer or brand that openly support them?
This. Tweeting your support for them on derby day, making your stores look like Celtic shops and handing out celtic bags and saying it's the only bags you have is beyond the pale.

What's post #19 all about then?
It says 'Retail Partner' which they are via adidas but they do not stock/sell all the usual club merchandise shit, just official adidas Celtic merchandise, as the official link is with adidas. It's similar to how it works with Scotland national team except, Celtic still have their own retail outlets which have nothing to do with adidas or JD...

That's atrocious. It's still meant to be a feckin sports shop, not an unofficial Bheggars store. Just another example of how the Scottish MSM's complete silence on the elephant in the room ie their 40-year paedo-ring allows previously respected companies to continue to form business partnerships with them. Might be worth a few timely emails to remind them of who they jumped into bed with, if you'll excuse the entirely inappropriate pun.
Just don’t buy anything from them and that will hurt them a whole lot more than an email

They don't have access to any of our new clobber, and they are in partnership with them.

No real surprise that tweet.

It says 'Retail Partner' which they are via adidas but they do not stock/sell all the usual club merchandise shit, just official adidas Celtic merchandise, as the official link is with adidas. It's similar to how it works with Scotland national team except, Celtic still have their own retail outlets which have nothing to do with adidas or JD...

You're happy with the whole 'come on celtic' shtick? Not for me, why are you making excuses for them?

Dunfermline is in the West?

CR Smith’s boss (Gerard Eddie) is one of them but saw the sense in sponsoring both clubs. Although he did go back and sponsor them later.

I doubt we will see the same firm sponsoring both clubs these days but you never know.
We both had the same sponsor until about 6 or 7 years ago.
NTL, Carling and finallyTennents.

the sad thing is that these days thisceint matter, most bears will still shoo in JD the same way as a lot still use sports direct.
Why not use foot locker, Size? Or greaves.

That's fair enough. It will put off a lot of Rangers fans from stepping through their door though.
I also agree that we should be supporting retailers like Greaves, who not only respect Rangers fans but also support the club in other ways, i.e. if Jimmy Bell is ever short of anything and can't get it from the official suppliers, Greaves always help him out...

I also agree that we should be supporting retailers like Greaves, who not only respect Rangers fans but also support the club in other ways, i.e. if Jimmy Bell is ever short of anything and can't get it from the official suppliers, Greaves always help him out...

Good to here that. Any dealings I've had with Greaves have always been excellent

Explain the "It's official" part, looks to me that they are announcing an official partnership with them.
Then the derby day tweet
Then the front of all their stores looking like mhank stores.

I know where I won't be shopping.

20201019-112009.jpg

Nah, not for me thank you.

They have now deleted the tweet.

Reckon they saw the response to it and realised it was a mistake. F*ck them though, already been avoiding them for months given their shops are now decked out like an official scum shop, but that tweet just added to it.

“Live the Legend. Keep the Secret”.

Pity JD are the Norn Iron partner, but I’ll be a lot more selective about purchases then, I bought my young lads stuff out of it quite a bit instead of SD.

That's fair enough. It will put off a lot of Rangers fans from stepping through their door though.
Just passed J. D. Shop in Irvine and not a single Scum top or anything to do with them on view either in the window or in the shop as far as I could see, this is Tuesday and on Sat they were plastered all over the shop, I think they are worried.

Walked past the store today in Braehead and noticed they have completely ripped out the wall of the paedos green and grey hoops tops they have been pimping for a while and also adverts on their screens. Coo-incidence or attempted face saving after that howler of a suicidal social media post?

Back