Standard player from Thursday tests positive for covid

The bottom line is, it will affect us at some point, the tests aren’t even accurate. I read it can be up to 80% false positive! My colleague came back negative and she has it ffs!

Just running to where he would normally have been if he scored at that end... hardly fair to deny him it just because he scored a worldy from inside his own half.

It's the only reason for them taking exception surely?

Imagine we are the home support and an ex mentally challenged scores that goal and runs to the Copland giving gestures we don't know........

I'd like to think we would take exception to it.

If there was even a remote possibility of the team or any individual player having caught the virus or having to self isolate you would almost certainly know by now.

A for Arseholes
PA-56208974.jpg

UEFA really should be booting these cuunts Baws for their reaction at FT

Disgusting scenes given the pandemic and how bad Belgium have been in cases etc

Liege IMO should be punished as their staff were out of control at the end of the game

I'm getting more and more surprised we've not had a case yet. Maybe says a lot about the utter professionalism of our players though, sticking solidly to the rules, unlike some of the dipshits playing at other 'professional' clubs in our league. Even with our players sticking to the rules, I still think it's only a matter of time before it hits us, sadly.
Most clubs haven’t had cases, there is just as much chance of the scum getting more positive results as us.

Doesn't mean anything for us.

Carry on.

Although I did hope we'd fire a complaint in about that fucking arsehole of a coach who confronted Roofe.

There are genuinely some folk on here that would have us not play another game this season as a result of this thing mate. No point arguing with them as they’ve clearly lost all sense of perspective and succumbed to the fear factor.

The virus is a thing, like everyone else we have to deal with it as and when any cases arise within the squad. Let’s just get on with it.
Too right. There’s a few Branch Covidians on this thread. Perspective in the whole country is out the window.

Obviously hope that none of our players or coaching staff have been infected.As far as having to isolate is concerned my understanding is that you need to be in close contact with someone for 15 minutes or more before having to go into isolation.

I'll ask again, why would our full team need to isolate?
It’s a death sentence ain’t it? I’m sure I’ve read that on here.
Honestly there are some on here would rather be positive for HIV than this flu virus

Reactions: M@x
If that's the case, those Standard nonces should be fined. Never mind football but a non playing member of staff to actively be in somebody's personal space is morally wrong. UEFA should be in about them.

It’s a death sentence ain’t it? I’m sure I’ve read that on here.
Honestly there are some on here would rather be positive for HIV than this flu virus
Think everyone just wants a fully fit squad for Kilmarnock next Sunday.

It's only a matter of time before our first case but this doesn't help.

UEFA should be hitting Standard Liege hard as a warning to any club that cannot control their players/staff, especially during a bloody pandemic.

Increased from ‘enough to tell if players are positive prior to a match in line with the regulations’ to...what exactly?
Increased to daily....as results cannot be trusted always and the incubation time is 2 weeks...so you can be neg for days....then its positive...

The bottom line is, it will affect us at some point, the tests aren’t even accurate. I read it can be up to 80% false positive! My colleague came back negative and she has it ffs!
You heard wrong. There’s no way it’s 80% wrong. How does your colleague know she has it if it was negative?

Transmission is most likely if you spend 15 minutes or more in close proximity with an infected person. This is the Government guidance we are following in work.

Players are therefore more likely to be infected by a team mate or staff member than an opponent.

It's difficult to see one of our players picking up an infection from this.

Possible, of course, but I think it's unlikely.

We will get cases soon enough though. Seems to be the way of things.

As many have said, it's almost certainly going to hit our squad at some point. We have shown so far that we can deal with some players missing out. Hopefully, when it comes, we'll be able to do that again.

We have been lucky so far, it’s only a matter of time before some of our squad catches it.

But if we get infected because of the actions of liege players at the final whistle then they need to be severely punished
Unfortunately there isn't a court in the land where you could prove that you caught Covid from a particular individual.

Transmission is most likely if you spend 15 minutes or more in close proximity with an infected person. This is the Government guidance we are following in work.

Players are therefore more likely to be infected by a team mate or staff member than an opponent.
The guidelines on space and time are just that, guidelines, so the club now needs to be extra vigilant. The risk of transmission will certainly be related to the concentration and duration to which someone is exposed, so being 2m away from someone breathing normally isn't directly comparable to having some arse literally in your face, breathing heavily and generating saliva aerosol by shouting abuse. It only takes seconds for some idiot to spray your face with that.

It's going to be an anxious couple of weeks now. As others have said Liege should be heavily sanctioned for their behaviour at the end.

Last edited:
We have been lucky so far, it’s only a matter of time before some of our squad catches it.

But if we get infected because of the actions of liege players at the final whistle then they need to be severely punished
It’s literally impossible to know whether any of our players will have contracted the virus due to their full time actions

It’s literally impossible to know whether any of our players will have contracted the virus due to their full time actions
True, but it is very easy to identify flagrant disregard of guidelines. There is no question they put our lads at risk by their post match tantrums and should be hammered for that alone.

This thread is an example of the ott reaction to all this.

Chill out and enjoy the bloody result.

Great last week of football, but threads we've had since then have been about dropping morelos, poet inspired commentators and the best of all, should Gerrard go if we dont win the league, and now covid19. Happy times.

Yes folks, believe it or not, this is FF celebrating a fine weeks work.

If we lose a game it will be better to flee the country,well that may not be possible with the restrictions.

Back