Standard player from Thursday tests positive for covid

Homelander

Maxime Lestienne, who started against Rangers, and unused sub Eden Shamir among three Standard players to have tested positive since Thursday's game

Not good, but they will have been in close contact with their positive team colleagues. Hopefully fleeting contact with our players wont have been a problem for us, although there is zero chance we wont have a positive at some point

This is probably really daft question, but would the conditions on Thursday make it more or less likely to transmit the virus to others?

Was entirely predictable that this would happen after a few of their players already tested positive. Match should never have been allowed to go on so soon after a outbreak started in their club, our players were put at risk and the stupid little rammy at the end helped nothing. Liege should be hammered by uefa. Needing almost half your squad to test positive for a game to be called off is pure greed done most likely so one of their big champions league matches aren't called off.

I'm getting more and more surprised we've not had a case yet. Maybe says a lot about the utter professionalism of our players though, sticking solidly to the rules, unlike some of the dipshits playing at other 'professional' clubs in our league. Even with our players sticking to the rules, I still think it's only a matter of time before it hits us, sadly.

None of our players are "close contacts" who would need to isolate. We won't have anyone who was within 2 metres of them for a continuous 15 minute period.

Highly unlikely you can catch it from running near someone on a football pitch.

Edouard was positive 2 days after he played against St Johnstone. None of their players had to isolate or have since tested positive.

It’s possible he caught it after the match. Also wouldn’t our players have been tested upon their return? We would know by now it there’s a positive.
It takes 2-8 days to become positive so our players would not likley test possible yet but may do before next Thursday

Surely they were all tested on the day of the game. All players/staff on both sides. Assuming all clear at that point.

I’m also assuming all our players have been tested again back at base since Thursday.

Surely our players have had a test since Thursday's game?
My concern is the incubation period.

Standard had 3 players infected before our game. The virus will have latched onto the other 3 who have now tested positive.

Say Roofe is testing negative at the minute, he could still test positive on Monday.

It was bound to hit us eventually, though I didn’t think we’d end up in a barmy with a group of sore losers.
You put it better than anyone. They were just sore losers who got humiliated with that roofe goal.

With the game finishing right after it, they were still raging. Nothing to do with roofes gesture. Just couldn't handle it, simple as that.

Bubble or not, we just flew into what has been called 'the Lombardy of the second wave'. When you remove football from it, it is mad to make any person do that.

Testing is all well and good, but it isn't a guarantee that a person doesn't have the virus. As someone else pointed out, this was seemingly inevitable when other players tested positive.
Fucking stupidity even playing the game.
We shouldn’t have travelled simple as that.

Back