Standard player from Thursday tests positive for covid

This is probably really daft question, but would the conditions on Thursday make it more or less likely to transmit the virus to others?
I'd think less but guessing. Won't get a more thorough hand washing than the monsoon the other night.

Edouard played against St Johnstine then tested positive, don't think it affected the St Johnstone team, did it?
We will get hit sooner it later with it, especially wuth the Europa league and international breaks.

Fucking stupidity even playing the game.
We shouldn’t have travelled simple as that.

Again though mate st Mirren have just got a load of positive tests, we are just as likely to pick it up back home.

If we cancelled the game on Thursday, where would it end? Would we have to do that for league games as well if parts of Scotland are riddled with it?

It’s not ideal but we’ve got to just get on with it otherwise the season will never finish.

Fucking stupidity even playing the game.
We shouldn’t have travelled simple as that.
There's not even a 1% chance that we decide not to travel to play a game which could potentially be worth a lot of money to the club, especially with the risk of further sanctions afterwards if we were to make that decision.

Shite situation but it's shite for everybody just now. Just need to keep the faith in our standards and protocols and not shit the bed when somebody inevitably tests positive at some point.

That being said, they were a disgrace the other night and should be hammered for their actions after the final whistle. The coach who squared up to Roofe, in particular.

Plenty of examples of teams getting lucky after playing against teams that subsequently test positive post game. The handbags at the end won't have helped and has likely put our medical department on edge for the next week or so. Here's hoping our protocols stand up to it and our issues are minimal, if anything happens at all. I trust we are well on top of it and our testing will step up. It's going to happen at some point. It's all about managing the impact of it. No point panicking until we get a positive case.

Hope that Standard Liege coach that squared up to Roofe gets hammered for it. Surely the club should be considering drawing Uefa's attention to it at the very least.

There's not even a 1% chance that we decide not to travel to play a game which could potentially be worth a lot of money to the club, especially with the risk of further sanctions afterwards if we were to make that decision.

Shite situation but it's shite for everybody just now. Just need to keep the faith in our standards and protocols and not shit the bed when somebody inevitably tests positive at some point.

That being said, they were a disgrace the other night and should be hammered for their actions after the final whistle. The coach who squared up to Roofe, in particular.

I would agree with that mate but Liege is an anomaly.

“The situation is catastrophic,” said Philippe Devos, an intensive care doctor at the CHC Montlégia Hospital in Liège, the worst-hit Belgian city. “Liège is now is probably the most affected region in the world."

Having our team travel out there was not right.

Im assuming that they must have to test negative prior to the match?

The tests aren't that accurate.

Most of the time you will test negative until you start to show symptoms. The test is most accurate in the three days after symptoms appear.

Its for this reason people have to quarantine for 14 days after coming back from abroad rather than just taking a COVID test at the airport.

This is obviously concerning, but I think folk need to relax a bit until we hear anything. If we had positive tests we would have known by now. I realise the incubation period lasts a lot longer, but until anything is said we just need to continue as usual. As far as im aware there haven't been many instances of it being passed during a game?

Was entirely predictable that this would happen after a few of their players already tested positive. Match should never have been allowed to go on so soon after a outbreak started in their club, our players were put at risk and the stupid little rammy at the end helped nothing. Liege should be hammered by uefa. Needing almost half your squad to test positive for a game to be called off is pure greed done most likely so one of their big champions league matches aren't called off.
You wouldn’t finish a single competition in Europe if games were called off after three positive tests.

People using the Christie example, why did the full Scotland squad not need to isolate?

People seem to be forgetting that this virus has an incubation period. Any of our players with it wouldn’t test positive until after Livingston.

It was and will be bound to hit us. Some of the comments about Killie having to play a weakened team - rules are rules, suck it up, etc - may prove to be a bit premature.

We have got the biggest and best squad in the league we will cope with any players missing even if we do t get any cases this week we will at some point so need to deal with it

I’m more concerned with their idiot of a coach who went nose to nose with Roofe at Full Time with his mask down near his chin, screaming and shouting in his face. Utter prick.
I'm not defending the eejit, but as far as I can remember, his mask was over his nose and mouth when he went head-to-head with Roofe. Would think the chances of transmission are relatively small, though I agree that their coach was not exhibiting best practice in more ways than one.

I'm not defending the eejit, but as far as I can remember, his mask was over his nose and mouth when he went head-to-head with Roofe. Would think the chances of transmission are relatively small, though I agree that their coach was not exhibiting best practice in more ways than one.

Not when you are so close. A mask doesnt stop your breath getting out, it slows it down and limits it.

I'll ask again, why would our full team need to isolate?

Exactly - been multiple examples of players playing then testing postive afterwards. Haven't heard of anyone in the opposition having caught it - though I accept with the 14 day incubation it might be hard to tell

Reactions: M@x
Glasgow is one of the hotspots in Scotland, you think we should cancel our home games?
Fair enough.

But with 4 of there players that already had tested positive and halfway through the incubation period for the rest of the team now more have tested positive this game has never sit right with me.
Makes what happened at the end worse.

has any player tested positive, and 10 days later played football or as soon after?

Just wondering how long on average it keeps an asymptomatic case out for.

There is nothing for us to complain about if they tested negative before playing us and then positive afterwards.
Don’t agree with you, there was no need for the rammy, but if your going to shout at someone outwith your close contacts you do it with the mask on

I’m more concerned with their idiot of a coach who went nose to nose with Roofe at Full Time with his mask down near his chin, screaming and shouting in his face. Utter prick.
I agree, but playing devils advocate here what are the rules? Culshaw had his mask in a similar position.

None of our players are "close contacts" who would need to isolate. We won't have anyone who was within 2 metres of them for a continuous 15 minute period.

Highly unlikely you can catch it from running near someone on a football pitch.

Edouard was positive 2 days after he played against St Johnstone. None of their players had to isolate or have since tested positive.
Finally someone states the obvious. Seems a lot of people don’t know the basics about this virus.

And what do you suggest we should have done?

Gave up the 3 points?

There are genuinely some folk on here that would have us not play another game this season as a result of this thing mate. No point arguing with them as they’ve clearly lost all sense of perspective and succumbed to the fear factor.

The virus is a thing, like everyone else we have to deal with it as and when any cases arise within the squad. Let’s just get on with it.

Exactly - been multiple examples of players playing then testing postive afterwards. Haven't heard of anyone in the opposition having caught it - though I accept with the 14 day incubation it might be hard to tell
Some people do like a drama. Mole hill into a mountain comes to mind.

Back