Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Itten

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jones

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
I don't like seeing Defoe start, he doesn't suit our system and is far more effective as an impact sub. But we should still have enough.

Would have preferred Roofe got a start today but I am sure Defoe will cause some problems. We need to make sure we take advantage today. No fucking around. Just beat them today Rangers and keep the pressure and distance on Celtic.

Today is about us, and about having the bottle to go win when 3pts will be massive in stretching the lead at the top. Champions take advantage when given an opportunity. We have a huge opportunity today.

He's 23, you lads really really like to stretch the definition of a young prospect.

Itten can't get near the first 11 and is clearly 4th choice. Maybe he's just not very good.
Or maybe we signed a veteran on a decent wage to play these games?. Itten is fine, we are going to have another 60/70 game season. We need to utilise the squad & keep everyone as match fit as possible.

I don’t have numbers to hand but I think the fact he’s been selected ahead of Defoe in the ‘bigger’ more challenging games refutes your argument.

Just guessing that because we have been in this position before and failed to take advantage - SG wants experience to get us the goals/three points.
Defoe was in the teams that failed to take advantage.

He was a man down whenever he played post winter break, he offers nothing outside of the penalty box.

Roofe and Alfie are more suited, in our formation, to hold up play and working the back line on the transition.

We will have around 60% of the ball, we will not be counter attacking often and we will be playing the game mostly in their last third. Defoe is a clever player who should do well at home in this type of game.
That's exactly why he is being played. We currently have 4 striking options, our set up will be tailored to suit his style. We have massive options for change. Still, some must whine

Today is about us, and about having the bottle to go win when 3pts will be massive in stretching the lead at the top. Champions take advantage when given an opportunity. We have a huge opportunity today.
It’s a big chance to lay the proverbial marker, and take a solid lead.

I don't like seeing Defoe start, he doesn't suit our system and is far more effective as an impact sub. But we should still have enough.
As long as we alter our tactis to get the ball to his feet in the box I'm sure he'll do the business.

He's not gonna do the same job as Alfie.

This is exactly the sort of scenario we failed to capitalise on last season. Let's get the 3 points in the bag, extend the gap and really turn up the heat on the manky mob.

I like Defoe, but he needs balls to feet and the way Livi play, the box will be congested. I thought Itten, with his height would have got the nod.

Strong team who should dispatch Livingston at home. Hopefully a goal or two up with 1st 45 which allows us to bring on others.

I don't really understand dropping Arfield and Kamara, strange decision given their current form, in the gaffer we trust though.

3 points is a must.

Don't think we need Jack and Davis today , one or the other.Arfield and Kamara should start.
It’s how we set up against ultra defensive sides, plus Arfield could do with a rest. All going well and Aribo should get on as well

Just hope we go out and win today

What a bench that is

I want the team to go out and prove we are a different team this season and can get a win a home

Come on Rangers.

I think Alfie is under real pressure and has been struggling (whether that of his own doing or trying to do something different) and Gerrard is going to save him for the European game. Will bring on Itten for Defoe and prob Roofe for Aribo.

Really hope we hammer this lot, put 5 by them and make the mentally challengeds go into full on melt down !!!

He's 23, you lads really really like to stretch the definition of a young prospect.

Itten can't get near the first 11 and is clearly 4th choice. Maybe he's just not very good.

The manager has literally stated that he has been impressive in training ffs.

He's a project player.

Back