Wednesday's football including Champions League

Moratas third disallowed offside goal.
VAR is now a farce

The first two goals Morata scored, fair enough, both offside. I agree.

That one, he’s moving away from goal , his heel is left in an offside position as he runs away from goal, with all the rest of his body onside. The ball then breaks back inside, he turns, strokes it away.

That is a good goal all day long.

I am starting to hate VAR

VAR is now a farce

That one, he’s moving away from goal , his heel is left in an offside position as he runs away from goal, with all the rest of his body onside. The ball then breaks back inside, he turns, strokes it away.

First one was for handball was it not?

VAR is now a farce

It's clearly offside ffs!

VAR is now a farce

Whit?

VAR should be like Tennis, where the opposite team has to request a challenge and can only issue 3 challenges and then it's all down to the ref.

You’re at it, but I’ll bite.

He’s running away from goal, as his heel is left in an offside position. He’s making no attempt to gain any advantage.

You’re seriously saying that‘s “clearly offside”
It’s you that’s at it :D

VAR is now a farce

I agree. The third goal should not have been disallowed.

He’s running away from goal, as his heel is left in an offside position. He’s making no attempt to gain any advantage.

What does running away from goal have to do with it ?

Aye it's offside, i don't make the rules up!

That's 6 disallowed goals in 3 games for Morata.

Maybe someone needs to learn him what a defensive line is ?

“We know he’s offside but it’s a bit of a shame as it’s the third one tonight for him, they should have let it stand”.

Ha.

I have genuinely never heard “he was running away from goal” as a defence for why a player scoring from an offside position should have the goal stand.

What does running away from goal have to do with it ?
This is why I’m saying I hate VAR the way it’s being used.

The whole point of the offside law was always to stop players seeking an advantage from being in an offside position.

Morata is running away from goal and his leg is left in the air behind him as he runs away from the goal. All of his body except his leg is onside as he runs away from goal. He’s not seeking any advantage.

The ball breaks inside, he turns, he scores.

I wish I knew how to post pictures to show this “clearly offside” incident.

It’s fucking bollocks and it’s ruining football :))

2-0 United, great run from Rashford but awful awful defending. VAR will be useful here, linesman gave it offside but he was in his own half.

Typical United :))

This is why I’m saying I hate VAR the way it’s being used.

The whole point of the offside law was always to stop players seeking an advantage from being in an offside position.

Morata is running away from goal and his leg is left in the air behind him as he runs away from the goal. He’s not seeking any advantage.

The ball breaks inside, he turns, he scores.

I wish I knew how to post pictures to show this “clearly offside” incident.

It’s fucking bollocks and it’s ruining football :))

To be honest I think you’re trying to over analyse it.

A goal scoring part of his body was “clearly off side”, so the goal was ruled out.

Unless I’m guilty of oversimplifying the offside rule, that’s all there is to it

Also, in mid-air!!
There has to be an observable advantage gained by the attacker, for it to be considered offside. The above definitely doesn't come into that category.
VAR needs to be binned.

Chelsea and United both ruthless against difficult opponents.
They both dug in when required and buried their chances when they came.

To be honest I think you’re trying to over analyse it.

A goal scoring part of his body was “clearly off side”, so the goal was ruled out.

Unless I’m guilty of oversimplifying the offside rule, that’s all there is to it

No.

I agree. Under the rules. It’s offside. His heel is left offside as he runs away from goal seeking no advantage whatsoever.

That’s my point. A rule that rules this goal out is SHITE :))

Back