Rangers Statement on Edmondson and Jones breaking Covid regulations

My initial anger has subsided and now I’m really disappointed in both of them.The chance of a lifetime to pull on the famous Blue Jersey of The Rangers and they have let down all that have ever pulled it on in the past and present.All the hard working people who look after them everyday and finally us the fans who would love to be in their position for one day.Hope they don’t regret their stupidity but unfortunately I think their time at our great club has come and gone.All for a night of partying.Fools !The only way is down after the Teddy Bears lads.

Hopefully with today being given off, they haven’t been in contact with anyone else in our group ?

Id like to see this confirmed.
I'm thinking the same. Being given the day off doesn't mean they didn't attend at auchenhowie (considering they weren't in the squad yesterday, I'd normally be annoyed if they weren't in at the gym etc.)

Not a single ounce of good judgement the pair of them. I'm not going to call for a lynching but this shows they clearly don't have the intelligence and judgement needed to be a top player on the pitch.

See all the chat about fines and possible points deductions or postponements! There is little to no chance we will get any of these.

Aberdeen, Killie, St Mirren and the beggars impacted on games to be played. That is why the SPFL/SFA fined sheep and beggars and investigating the other two. At this stage it is not an league matter, we have dealt with it, they will not be near a football pitch for at least 14 days. Our 'case' is completely different.

Also Griffiths was 'reminded' of his responsibilities by the beggars, league not involved.

I don't think they will be sacked outright but will be told they won't play again and they will be leaving at the earliest convenience i.e January
Should just cut our losses with Jones if it's at all possible to get him out of the door without needing to give him a pay off.

that ain't happening, what other fantasies do you wish the club not to carry out? the club delt with it in the correct manner, that should be the end of the matter, whether you liked the outcome or not
Do you think Jordan Jones will play for Rangers again?

Can I give my honest opinion on them both without copping a ban? I’ll keep it civil just in case. I hope Jones is told in no uncertain terms that he’s FINISHED here and can start thinking about looking for a move elsewhere. He has no respect for his teammates, the club or the general public and clearly has a single digit IQ, I’m sick of him.

And Edmundson? Well to be honest given the seriousness of this I wouldn’t give a shit if he was told exactly the same thing. Cheers lads, everything’s going so well at the moment it’s nice to know we can still count on a pair of selfish brain donors to try and fùck it up. Enjoy your careers in obscurity.

Looking back at Jones’ career - battering someone outside a night club, buggering off from his first NI call-up because the flight was delayed - there was no way he was the right sort of character to have around the place.

Another solid from Mark Allen.

I'm thinking the same. Being given the day off doesn't mean they didn't attend at auchenhowie (considering they weren't in the squad yesterday, I'd normally be annoyed if they weren't in at the gym etc.)

Yes GF.

Gerrard did mention the break, and if they were booked at after 3am as it seems then I really expect they didn’t go in to Auchnhowie.

As others said, would they have gone into the group if not caught ?

I don’t want either of them back, for the risks & probably ridicule they have subjected the club to.

Rangers have been made aware of an incident last night involving two of our players, Jordan Jones and George Edmundson.

Both players breached covid regulations by attending a private gathering with others outside of their household.

We can confirm that both players will be suspended pending an internal investigation. On the instruction of Dr Mark Waller, the players will also self isolate for 14 days.

Rangers Managing Director, Stewart Robertson commented, “The Chairman Douglas Park, Ross Wilson, Steven Gerrard and I discussed this matter as soon as it was brought to our attention.

"We are completely aligned in our action and the standards that are being set at Rangers.

"We will not tolerate behaviour that does not follow those standards and it is totally unacceptable for any of our players to be involved in anything that puts at risk the excellent protocols that have been put in place at Rangers.”

“Jordan!....get the door”. ya fanny

Given that the police turned up to the party after 1am and how quickly the club dealt with it this morning, I’d be surprised if they’d been anywhere near the training ground before the club were aware.

I expect this is something Gerrard will be asked in the next press conference.

Can I give my honest opinion on them both without copping a ban? I’ll keep it civil just in case. I hope Jones is told in no uncertain terms that he’s FINISHED here and can start thinking about looking for a move elsewhere. He has no respect for his teammates, the club or the general public and clearly has a single digit IQ, I’m sick of him.

And Edmundson? Well to be honest given the seriousness of this I wouldn’t give a shit if he was told exactly the same thing. Cheers lads, everything’s going so well at the moment it’s nice to know we can still count on a pair of selfish brain donors to try and fùck it up. Enjoy your careers in obscurity.

Totally agree mate - I ain’t no expert in employment law but I don’t think it can be as easy as that, unless we want to pay them off.

Given that the police turned up to the party after 1am and how quickly the club dealt with it this morning, I’d be surprised if they’d been anywhere near the training ground before the club were aware.

I expect this is something Gerrard will be asked in the next press conference.

As you say, this will absolutely be asked, because this is the one the SMSM would want, with a whole squad having to isolate.

Do you think Jordan Jones will play for Rangers again?

No. Nor should he. He’s clearly a Kyle Lafferty mk2. Brainless tube. It’s not exactly his first indiscretion

Edmonson should be given a second and final chance. I’ve not heard any other negative story about him. But I wouldn’t blame the club if they binned him as well

JJ has now had a series of issues in his time . Not good .

George is clearly in trouble too . Given what we know of SG it could run deep.

these guys have been willing to compromise our clubs attempt at 55th title , Europa League and essentially the economic and reputational and professional well-being of our club .

seriously wrong move

edit: I would say they both should be removed from the group , permanently .

JJ has now had a series of issues in his time . Not good .

George is clearly in trouble too . Given what we know of SG it could run deep.

these guys have been willing to compromise our clubs attempt at 55th title , Europa League and essentially the economic and reputational and professional well-being of our club .

seriously wrong move

Yep, absolutely no sympathy CoG.

This means too much to too many.

They have both been incredibly stupid and we should rightly be angry at them and they should certainly be severely punished. But sacking them? Geez, if every Rangers player that had ever stepped out of line got the sack then many of our legends would have been sacked. McCoist, Durrant, one or more of the Fergusons, kebab shop fights, Goram, Gascoigne, McGregor, boozegate, you could come up with a long list. They have all done stupid things. I am not sure that what Jones and Edmundson have done is any more heinous than what many have done before.

Punish them, absolutely. But it should be proportionate, not knee jerk and irrational.
Are you aware of the pandemic and the potential impact their actions could have had on our squad and their own families?

This isn’t a scrap in a kebab shop or bit of a booze up after curfew, they’ve defied government regulations that could have put others at serious risk and which could have destroyed our season. I hope neither of them ever get another minute of playing time here.

Stupid fucking idiots. Imagine jeopardising the chances of 55 and our europa league campaign. I hope gerrard goes through them

Back