Rangers Statement on Edmondson and Jones breaking Covid regulations

Do you think Jordan Jones will play for Rangers again?
probably not, but we ain't giving him away, every fee we get in counts, they were stupid in what they did, that doesn't mean the club's has to follow suit and do something stupid from a place of anger, if Jones goes he goes, but not for free, and I bet Gerrard sees it that way too

Sadly I think they've played their last games for our club, utter balloons. Will never come anywhere close to playing with a club of our stature ever again. Could have compromised the entire squad and health of their families and our season, the pricks

They have both been incredibly stupid and we should rightly be angry at them and they should certainly be severely punished. But sacking them? Geez, if every Rangers player that had ever stepped out of line got the sack then many of our legends would have been sacked. McCoist, Durrant, one or more of the Fergusons, kebab shop fights, Goram, Gascoigne, McGregor, boozegate, you could come up with a long list. They have all done stupid things. I am not sure that what Jones and Edmundson have done is any more heinous than what many have done before.

Punish them, absolutely. But it should be proportionate, not knee jerk and irrational.
This is a bit different.
We are trying to win sliverware for the first time in nearly 10 years.

Only mentioned social media because you brought up the media. Whether we like it or not all the news media, MSPs, MPs and others are all on there stirring it, without having to wait for tomorrow’s paper. Much opinion forming takes place on social media, it’s going on now.
I think your pub analogy is missing the point. Their first act in forming a group outside the bubble is the problem not what they may or may not have done later.
Had they not been spotted, they would have turned up for training as normal, unquarantined and untested. You may deny this as a point of debate, but you know it’s true.
I will go with what i know is fact.

They weren't at the training ground, so why is this even being discussed? I don't go on twitter, as looking at the links you get on here , it's like an audition for carstairs.

We have posts about points possibly being taken off us, why? There is no precedent.

What I'll take from this, is see when another club gets problems with this, stop falling over each other in the lynch mob. As many posted on here before, it will happen with us soon enough.

I'll say this again. I'm not making a case for the players, not one bit. Points deducted, games postponed, all this I've read on here, not from foaming at the mouth mentally challengeds on whatever social media mess, from Rangers fans and their imagination running wild.

It’s hard to imagine the mentality of these two. Bearing in mind other footballers, rugby players etc who have made the headlines for breaking protocol yet they still go out to a party! The club have acted swiftly and decisively in contrast with others. Personally I think both should be shown the door and Jones will be gone the first opportunity the manager gets although Edmundson may get another chance. Jones just seems like a bellend. No matter how many chances he gets he still can’t be trusted. As a Rangers and NI fan it beggars belief he could screw up like this. Again!

We were fortunate in the sense that the mhanks and sheep were the first clubs to have players make these idiotic decisions and attract the heat/headlines.

It served as a warning shot to all of our players and staff about the importance of not being utter %^*& nuggets and breaching guidelines due to the obvious impact and public scrutiny it would bring on them and the club.

Unfortunately, these two clowns have still managed to bring this down on themselves and the club.

probably not, but we ain't giving him away, every fee we get in counts, they were stupid in what they did, that doesn't mean the club's has to follow suit and do something stupid from a place of anger, if Jones goes he goes, but not for free, and I bet Gerrard sees it that way too
Gerrard will be fuming, let’s be honest. And it’s probably a good thing that Jones has 14 days in isolation before facing the music. I’m a fan and I’m allowed to be angry and demand these two clowns never play for us again. Whether they want to wait and get a fee is up to the club, but Gerrard isn’t someone who’ll shrug this off so calling it “the end of the matter” is fantasy as you put it

Really, really hope this is the only time this type of incident has happened i.e. hope this hasn't happened previously and they haven't been caught.
Oh well done you. Open up a can of worms and have everyone checking players out 24/7. Dont you get it, they would have been news next day.

This story alone tells you that.

Absolute clowns for doing this, it’s just selfish. The fact that anything could happen to the club or to our players is mental to me.

So attend a house party with the very real risk you bring the virus back into the whole first team squad, coaching staff and wider employees.

This should only end one way (unfortunately for the pair of them).

Sidelined until the window opens then moved on would be my guess.

You'd think. But footballers can be stupid. I share the feeling of get them to fvck btw, especially jones. I just dont want us making a rod for our own backs if someone like kent does it at xmas, for example.

That seems to be what he’s valued at by the club, and what he was valued at with Killie.

when you drive a motor out the forecourt of a garage and leave it sitting in the street, you don’t take it back 12 month later and get the same price or more than what your previously paid for it

Given that the police turned up to the party after 1am and how quickly the club dealt with it this morning, I’d be surprised if they’d been anywhere near the training ground before the club were aware.

I expect this is something Gerrard will be asked in the next press conference.
I'd think and hope that to be the case too. I'm not convinced they would have owned up having been caught

Gerrard will be fuming, let’s be honest. And it’s probably a good thing that Jones has 14 days in isolation before facing the music. I’m a fan and I’m allowed to be angry and demand these two clowns never play for us again. Whether they want to wait and get a fee is up to the club, but Gerrard isn’t someone who’ll shrug this off so calling it “the end of the matter” is fantasy as you put it
no doubt Gerrard will be super pissed off, but not so much that he'll no want a fee for him, Gerrard's a smart and calm guy when all's said and done, and that's the manner in which he'll deal with this matter, and yes it's fine for the fans to feel however they do on any matters relating to Rangers, but that can't fly inside a football club, you use your head and not your emotions

Knew before I clicked it would be Jones.

No way either plays again for us. We've seen how ruthless Gerrard can be with guys who let him down.

Jones anyway was on his last chance. No great loss either of them. Sack them if we can, transfer them in January if we can't.

• Sell in January
  • Sorted
Easier said than done IMO.

Jones is on 10 grand a week, after doing the square root of 0 for the best part of 18 months do you think another club is going to come in and match that?

If it's on the table to now to dismiss him and not have to pay him another penny then I can't think of a more sensible option than that.

Are you aware of the pandemic and the potential impact their actions could have had on our squad and their own families?

This isn’t a scrap in a kebab shop or bit of a booze up after curfew, they’ve defied government regulations that could have put others at serious risk and which could have destroyed our season. I hope neither of them ever get another minute of playing time here.
Yes of course I am aware of the pandemic. And I am not in any sort of COVID denial. I have elderly parents who have shielded and barely stepped out of the door for 6 months. I have kids whose exams have been affected. My job is affected. And so on. So I am not in any way blasé about COVID.

And I am bloody angry with Jones and Edmundson and more than aware of the effect their actions could have had on our season. This season of all seasons, especially given the position we are in.

But I am not massively comfortable with the idea that two young(ish) footballers get sacked and have their careers significantly damaged by their, admittedly incredibly stupid, actions. It seems to be the same in all walks of life nowadays - people howling for others to be sacked etc for any indiscretion. That just makes me a bit uncomfortable. Punishment and a bit of compassion and forgiveness just feels better to me than all out vengeance. That is all.

Tell you one thing, I would love to be a fly on the wall at any meeting that’ll occur with the gaffer. He has that Walter-esque terrifying look about him.

Jones will be finished now. Edmundson will probably get another chance, perhaps after a loan spell in the English lower leagues. Let him realise what he is in danger of throwing away. I'm sure Gerrard won't miss them anyway.

I'd normally have a laugh at that comment mate but, honestly, I'm so f*cked-off at the pair of them I couldn't even raise a smile.

There's no excuses for either of them here.

On a lighter note, it will be interesting to see the reaction of some of The Lounge stalwarts who regularly preach that the rules are nonsense and best ignored. There will be an avalanche of hypocrisy on display I suspect.
Looks like we should be grateful the police caught them and caution them, if they hadn’t have turned up, they could have easily caught the virus and spread it among the squad from tomorrow’s training.

Back