Now is the time for Rangers and their fans to rekindle their Scotland relationship

Nope, sorry ....the mask slipped in 2012 and the sheer vindictiveness and glee with our troubles went too far for me. Other countries would try to help member clubs, we were kicked from pillar to post and rules were concocted to make our situation worse, for years afterwards we’ve had every other club and their fans take great satisfaction in fucking us over any way they can.
There is no way back , ever, for me to stand beside those people. I’ve purposely booked to walk the West Highland Way next June when the games are on, no interest whatsoever and I found the lauding of the Scottish team squeezing in the back door last week over the top, dont really want to listen to the nonsense if they somehow scrape a draw in the Euros.

I know a lot of bears call out 2012 and 14. That's understandable.

For us a bit older, the rot set in long before that. There was a slow build up of anymosity building up with petty incidents been overblown by the media and rangers being punished by the sfa.

For me the big turning point was Duncan Ferguson. When after going to jail, they had the audacity to approach him as to playing again, the big fella rightly told them to do one. Most of us were onside with him, even though he was an Everton player by then and the following events made it even worse.

It will take a generation for things to get better, with no memories of 2012 especially and that's no guarantee.

That's very true, it's up to Rangers fans to change their ways and reach out the hand of friendship. Rather than up to the Teuchter TA to separate supporting the national team from separatism.
Really? I can only assume that's tongue in cheek.

tenor.gif

Hmmmm.

There's a lot more understanding and olive branches thrown out in that article than there's been in a long time. That's not to say we grasp them.

The "hate" for Rangers is diminishing in Scottish football. Easy to say that as it was so venom filled in 2012 onwards but it is diminishing. That it is a fact.

Why? Some haters have died, many more have got bored and a newer generation just don't care.

A key factor is also that we're now a good team...that always rather hinders criticism.

I personally went from a Scotland fan to a total anti-Scotland fan due to the treatment of my club.

I went against that in wanting them to beat Serbia purely as I wanted to see some of our young un's watch Scotland in a major tournament.

Did it spur me on? No, I was quite content to see them fail again last night.

Rangers>Scotland.
Have to say its the complete opposite for me. In 2012 we all knew what was happening and what every person in authority was trying to do to our club and people. Going to away grounds it was tense and dislike of course but it felt like the same way it would for the mentally challengeds away from home. But since we've returned its like nothing I've ever seen before and it's far more in your face. Every ground there is a tense toxic atmosphere. Teams would rather beat us than do well in the league. Its become a badge of honour to raise your game against us and get humped next week. On social media its far more rampant than before. Even when the false narrative of us cheating or doing something illegal was being pushed it wasn't as bad. With the rise of the left, social media "woke" culture I feel the hatred for our club has increased dramatically. And I think it will only get worse as the older generation die off. That's not to mention about 80% of football fans outside Rangers voted for the unmentionable party.

I would be up for going to Scotland games and would be equally up for smashing the fxxking rat face of any tramp who utters a fart towards any Rangers player.

I refuse to be pushed away by the nationalists who have tried to take on the national team as solely theirs.

This is actually not a bad article.

Often a bus runs from Cupar to Scotland games 90% of them absolutely hate Rangers that other 10% say they support Rangers but don't really go to the games and funnily enough vote SNP sorry am out !!

Often a bus runs from Cupar to Scotland games 90% of them absolutely hate Rangers that other 10% say they support Rangers but don't really go to the games and funnily enough vote SNP sorry am out !!
Last time I drank in cupar was in the imperial bar and place was hoaching with rangers hating pricks. I left and never been back in the place since

I think the most harmful effects of years of the SNP government have been the appropriation of aspects of life in Scotland that many people on here/Rangers fans would once have felt a part of and experienced great fondness and pride in.

You can see it in conversations about Glasgow, or living in Scotland, or the country in general ("it's shite, glad I don't live there anymore, overrated, etc."), or comments about Hampden (bulldoze it), or about the very nature of supporting a national team ("how can you support a team that has THEM in it?").

By all means don't support the team but the exclusionary practises of living in a country governed by the SNP have had some really strange effects on people, to the level where we seem consumed by a strange sense of self-loathing and hatred.
With the leftist policy’s of open boarders, dilution and eventual deletion of national sovereignty and nationalism in general, it’s only a matter of time before the snp HAS to turn on its own support/cult, I await that day with glee!

If the SFA are serious about it they will change our ghastly national anthem. FoS only encourages yesser loon balls.
I feel absolutely nothing for Scotland, and I couldn't say what it would take to rekindle any positive feelings towards them.

All this ‘no way not me’ smacks of doing exactly what you’d imagine those who have decided to hate us would want - the ostracising of Rangers and it’s fans from our own country‘s national team. It’s like they almost want to ‘other’ us - as if we don’t belong in Scotland or deserve to be considered. We do! It’s our country too. I am a proud, Rangers daft, Glaswegian, Scot. I feel a kinship with my fellow Brits; the Irish, English, Welsh but am most definitely a Scot. My way of being Scottish is as valid as any one’s and has every right to be acknowledged and valued within Scottish culture. Part of that is a right to the Scottish National football team. Let’s not allow ourselves to be pushed out.

I agree. I enjoy watching Scotland and was delighted with the win last week. Its not the same as Rangers but I take pride in following both sides.

It's possible to be proud of being British and proud of being Scottish. Surrendering ownership of Scottishness to the nats only plays into their hands, but I do understand why others feel differently at the moment.

All this ‘no way not me’ smacks of doing exactly what you’d imagine those who have decided to hate us would want - the ostracising of Rangers and it’s fans from our own country‘s national team. It’s like they almost want to ‘other’ us - as if we don’t belong in Scotland or deserve to be considered. We do! It’s our country too. I am a proud, Rangers daft, Glaswegian, Scot. I feel a kinship with my fellow Brits; the Irish, English, Welsh but am most definitely a Scot. My way of being Scottish is as valid as any one’s and has every right to be acknowledged and valued within Scottish culture. Part of that is a right to the Scottish National football team. Let’s not allow ourselves to be pushed out.
Great Post

We are not pushed out. We choose not to support bigotry or hatred as the sfa clearly let go when it comes to Rangers and our fans. Dont need Scotland national team, and dont want them. This is our choice.

I'd want to see them doing well if there was a spine of 5 or 6 Rangers players in the team but there's no way I can get behind a team with Christie, McGregor and that pigeon heided mutant in it.

The manager was playing in Liverpool in 2012.

I was living in Glasgow.

The manager, any assistants, and every director on each and every board from here on in better get the message.

Fc_uk Scottish football and fc_uk the SFA.

Any Rangers player injured playing for this shower of rhats, should not be paid by the club.
:)) :eek:

Hahaha fucking hell

Fück them!

I simply can’t bring myself to support:

- an organisation who trampled all over us during our darkest hour
- an organisation who glossed over the SCF vs Hibs carry on like it was something we deserved
- an organisation who blessed the awarding and handling of last seasons league closure with refusal to support our request/appeal for an independent enquiry
- a tartan army who booed past and current Rangers players whilst playing for Scotland
- a tartan army who sung and chanted songs about hating Rangers
- a manager who openly admitted he hates Rangers
- a manager who shrugs off sectarian abuse of an ex-Rangers player but cries like a baby when the shoe is on the other foot
- a group of players who many of whom have a real bitterness towards our club/team/fans

Have I missed anything?
This all day long

Very decent article actually.

i identify as being equally as proud of my scottishness as i am of being british and do believe it is time we took our country back in terms of the support of the scottish team.

I feel cheated tbh as i'd love to feel the way i did about Scotland as i did as a youngster.

Personally, I just can't separate supporting the team from the pricks booing our players, our treatment in 2012 & the fact the national team is now used as a vehicle for independence.

It's also hilarious how so many mentally challengeds who were probably ROI fans prior to 2014 are now all of a sudden patriots.

Each to their own though & bears who support the national team (and even independence) shouldn't be ostracized.

The damage that the SFA did in 2012 is irrepairable IMHO.
The hatred and bile coupled with decisions made to cripple and kill off our club by many and the media frenzy reinforced that we are on our own.
Before then I had spent on supporting Scotland with tops and plenty of other stuff, since the Rangers hate campaign no one in my circle of family or friends has given them a razoo, they imposed that financial hit on themselves by what they did to us.
It is our only way of getting back at them and drives us to spend on and support our club more.
%^*& the SFA.

I'm happy we made it to the EURO's and will support Scotland during it. I'm a Scotland fan but my interest has massively waned since 2004-2010 when I went to most games. I still care but not like I did.

Since before Clarke came in, there seems to be this massive mentally challenged clique in the dressing room and it seems to push certain players away. Which is quite off-putting. Tierney, Griffiths, McGregor, Taylor, Robertson, Gallagher, O'Donnell, etc. Jack was saying it himself that he didn't feel apart of the team for a long time

With us back and with most of the promising youngsters being Rangers youths, rangers fans or not affiliated with us or them, will see a massive change in the national team in a few years. by euro 2024, when the team isn't so full with rabid mentally challengeds and has more rangers players in it, I can see a lot of Rangers fans coming back. By Euro 2024 the only Rabid Tim left will be Tierney (McGregor, Robertson aren't really Rabid and Griffiths, Gallagher, O'Donnell will be long gone). While we could have quite a few players in there.

You can be British without being Scottish/English/Welsh but you can't be Scottish/English/Welsh without being British! (From a British/Welsh bear).

I suffer from FFS (Fat Finger Syndrome, so the name should be Superally, not Supetally.
1st Ibrox visit 4 Jan 1975.

As a youngster the mhob from the East End of the City were the huns and the vast majority of the support at Scotland games were Bears.

Then, much like they stole their anthem from another, they stole our terminology twisting the original use of the word hun in Scottish football and turned it into a derogatory term for Protestants (not Rangers fans as some would have you believe but Protestants) and now they have, to all intents and purposes, stolen our National team and claimed it in the name of their kiddy on Republic.

All while we slept.

The question is do we really want our country back or are we content to let them call the shots both in the boardroom of the authorities running the game and in the stands of the stadiums where our fans feel alienated in the support of our Country.

Personally I can't see me returning to support the National team any time soon, if ever, and have lost all enthusiasm for them. I am, however, loath to totally give up and let the teuchters and mentally challengeds have free reign as they have had for years.

It is sad that I, like so many Rangers fans, feel so disconnected from the Scotland team and I'm not sure what it would take to change that - as a minimum it would need a genuine cleansing of the corruption and Rangers haters from the corridors of power and, even then, I'm not sure I could stomach the anti-Rangers bile from sections of the support or cheer in support of baseball bat wielding thugs and junkie racist bigots.

Wish I felt differently because I had some great times following Scotland (many years ago now) but, unfortunately, I don't :(

It’s a nice idea but any experience I’ve had of the Tartan Army in the last 25yrs has been of sneering at best and outright antagonism for the most part the moment that the word, “Rangers” comes into conversation.

They can fucking ram it as far as I’m concerned.

As a early to mid teenager I was a keen Scotland fan and went to most games at Hampden as well.
The anti-English tone just got a bit much by 1992... especially given that I was criticised for equivalent views about Celtic FC.

Immediate thought was : feck Scotland and the SFA.

The disinterest / dislike / hatred of the SFA, their team, their fans is a grass roots thing among Rangers fans. It's heartfelt and not some manufactured collective movement forged through the club or from any fans' groups. It's the ordinary Rangers man in the street. That suggests that individually we feel betrayed and/or alienated - for whatever reason(s).
To my mind, there's gey few of any of us changing our feelings on it just because some twat in the Herald asked us to.
The fact wee Jimmy Krankie was out the traps sharpish to splash herself all over the mhedia to latch onto the hysteria after the win on penalties against Serbia just put the tin hat on it for me. (where was she after the shambles against Israel, I wonder?)

Finally, when I see those tartan clad tools making a fucking arse of themselves doing congas along the stands and singing Doe a Fucking Deer while their team is being comprehensively pumped by some no-marks, there is no fucking way on earth I would choose to be a part of it.

So, on reflection it's still : feck Scotland and the SFA.

From the offices to the Hamish in the stands, they hate us. They cheered and goaded each time the SFA screwed us. Even when it is to their own detriment the clubs would rather side with the corrupt ones rather than side with us. So feck them all.

I am the same as many others, if it wasn't for Rangers, I wouldn't care. Scottish football, and the national team, could sink without a trace with not one feck given.

I know a lot of bears call out 2012 and 14. That's understandable.

For us a bit older, the rot set in long before that. There was a slow build up of anymosity building up with petty incidents been overblown by the media and Rangers being punished by the sfa.

For me the big turning point was Duncan Ferguson. When after going to jail, they had the audacity to approach him as to playing again, the big fella rightly told them to do one. Most of us were onside with him, even though he was an Everton player by then and the following events made it even worse.

It will take a generation for things to get better, with no memories of 2012 especially and that's no guarantee.

Lets be honest about it mate, many started to turn against us when we began bringing in half the England team in the eighties.

Unfortunately there is a very, very good reason why Rangers fans will struggle to openly like the Scotland team. A lot will support the national team and want them to win but there are just so many that don't give a f**k and who would blame them.

Back