Win the Ibrox old firm games and it’s ours imo

There is a long way to go, we are flying just now, without doubt at the top of our game, however can we keep that level of performance up throughout the season, I doubt it, we may have injuries to contend with, players losing a bit of form, referee decisions going against it. The mentally challengeds effectively are 5 points behind us given thier games in hand. I fully expect them to get a big name in January and a possible new manager to appease the hordes.

For me it's far too early to talk about winning championships.

Lets see how we are going after Christmas, that has been a disaster last few years. Next OF game is huge. Think we just don't need to loose them & concentrate on the game to game situation.
Long way to go until Christmas but imo the difference is last year there were signs teams had figured us out way before Christmas

As of now no team has the faintest clue how to deal with us

They stop making Morelos to mark the rest of the team, simple we push Morelos back to his original position to run riot

It's looking good right now but it is unrealistic to expect us to keep up this kind of form for a full season.

We ain't even half way through the season yet.

Our fixtures are harder than there's from now to Feb.

You are right.

We don't even appear to have hit top gear yet. We will get better....

Keep winning, and beat them at theirs, then we will be in a place to predict. It’s a long and bumpy road, we just have to keep going about our business in the same manner and we will be fine.

An interesting and probably fair way to look at it, but as long as the players aren’t thinking that.

It’s unlikely that we’ll be facing a pape team led by Neil Lennon if we go eight points clear after the next Ibrox OF.

We've got ourselves in a great position but there's still a hell of a long way to go. One game at a time

Long way to go until Christmas but imo the difference is last year there were signs teams had figured us out way before Christmas

As of now no team has the faintest clue how to deal with us

They stop making Morelos to mark the rest of the team, simple we push Morelos back to his original position to run riot
This is the thing for this squad now. Before it was stop Alfredo, stop Rangers threat. Now we have a number of forwards that are available of different styles, they don’t know how to cope. When they press, we play long, when they sit we play amongst the defence and midfield until we draw them out of position. Alfredo is doing a great job of dragging defenders forward for the wide men to cut inside the full back and receive the ball over the top, or a slide pass. Great football to watch, a nightmare to defend against. More of the same please Rangers.

They have clawed back 8 points in the final 12 minutes of games this season.

Those points have kept them in touch when we should have been out of sight.

It is way too early to be talking about winning the league. Given the games they have, they should really be winning their next 6 leagues games easily before they play us. That game will be huge.

Realistically we can only consider ourselves 5 points clear. Celtic managed to throw that away with 3 games left in 2005.
This is what really gets me, everybody including the papers and TV media saying we are 11 points clear.
We're not, we're 11 point AHEAD.
IMO, you're only points clear if they cannot be clawed back with no input from yourselves.

So 11 ahead, 5 clear...

Not like we haven't fucked it after Christmas 2 years in a row now.
That's true.
Does it not feel different this time though? We're much better. They're a bit worse. They are scared of us now. There is no winter break either to dent our momentum.
Nothing wrong with being a bit wary, but we are allowed to base our optimism on some pretty solid evidence.

No point thinking about it. This season more than any other the unexpected has the potential to happen. We could end up with a team out through covid, injuries to star players (dread to think where we would be if Tav gets injured) even a return of fans could end up having a negative effect on the way we are playing just now.

They have clawed back 8 points in the final 12 minutes of games this season.

Those points have kept them in touch when we should have been out of sight.

It is way too early to be talking about winning the league. Given the games they have, they should really be winning their next 6 leagues games easily before they play us. That game will be huge.
They won’t keep doing it though mate that kind of luck eventually runs out

Just focus on one game at a time. No need to get ahead of ourselves or heap pressure.

There is a long way to go, we've got a tough December, January and we've still to experience a bump in the road - how we respond to that, and it will possibly happen, will be crucial.

We are in a great place right now, playing superb football, full of confidence and absolutely ruthless. Long may that continue.

Psychology plays a massive role in football. If they drop any more points and we keep winning up to the game at Ibrox, that will be the decider for me. A Rangers victory at Ibrox could be the knock-out blow.

They won’t keep doing it though mate that kind of luck eventually runs out
I’d just rather wait until it does because it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve seen a dramatic turnaround in form from them. Last season is fresh in the memory but the contrast was far more marked in 2011/12 when they had dropped 13 points already by this stage (only 9 dropped so far this season).

They have a really easy run of fixtures up until the Old Firm game. Don't really see many potential slip ups in their run, even with Lennon still in charge.

We have a far tougher run of fixtures than them.

If the points difference is the same as it is today when we play the next Old Firm and if we beat them, then it would be over. They aren't pulling that back but there's many hurdles to get over before we reach there.

Need to continue to take each game as it comes. The players look incredibly focused which is great to see.

You’d have thought people would’ve learned by now that the dynamic can change quickly - see the last few seasons where we collapsed

If we’re in a similar position in March/April, I think that’s a reasonable time to start entertaining talk of winning the league

I don't think we are.

People are naturally apprehensive because its been 10 years, and after last season's collapse post-January.

But this team is not capable of that. On top of that Celtic can't string two wins together.

It's happening Bears, relax and enjoy it.

All due respect....this team is capable of a post January collapse because it’s largely the same personnel.

I feel very good about this team, this season. I also felt very good after we beat them last December.

It’s utterly foolish to make outlandish predictions when we’re not even into the second half of the season. We only need to slip up once and the gap could be down to effectively two points.

The pressure is absolutely on the mentally challengeds right now, and they can ill afford to blink next. But we haven’t even got close to any knockout punches yet

They have a really easy run of fixtures up until the Old Firm game. Don't really see many potential slip ups in their run, even with Lennon still in charge.

We have a far tougher run of fixtures than them.

If the points difference is the same as it is today when we play the next Old Firm and if we beat them, then it would be over. They aren't pulling that back but there's many hurdles to get over before we reach there.

Need to continue to take each game as it comes. The players look incredibly focused which is great to see.

Would be absolutely delighted if we go into the Old Firm 11 points ahead (with them having two games in hand - not sure if they play any of them before we meet?).

we haven't learned from the last 2 seasons on here have we?

we have played 15 games ffs

covid is likely to hit our squad at some point. The league is not even close to being over and folk have it done in the next 5 games?

Lennon will get sacked this week.

I wouldn't base how you think the rest of the season will go on how they play under Lennon.

A lot of talk on Strachan going back there.
This. They have a lot they can change - its all about timing. Don't want him sacked too soon where another manager comes in and gets a tune out of them; long may he stay. We need to keep our powder dry and just keep moving forward.

We look like a really good football team this season. This Rangers team remind of those top European clubs that used to come to Ibrox and knock the ball about for fun. Our movement, hunger and understanding is a joy to watch.
However! Titles are won through the winter months in my opinion - Dec, Jan & Feb when the weather kills all enjoyment in football and Scottish pitches are nothing but a stinking bog for the most part. If we’re 7 or 8 points or more ahead come the end of Feb then I think we’ll win it.
The bonus we have this year is the scum are in turmoil and those who already want away there will hopefully lose interest.

If, and that's a big if, we can continue on this run of form then it really is about how Celtic respond right now. If they continue the way they are a win in January will see a lot of people say it's over. If they start picking up the points they aren't just now there is absolutely no way a win for us in January finishes it.

The game against them is important but we have a few "tricky" games in January.. away sheep.. murderwell.. hivs.. i dont think it will be all plain sailing.. but if we get thro those games then the league showed be almost wrapped up

One game at a time.

Or alternatively, win the league at a canter before the split and rest players for the Europa League final and Scottish Cup

As much as I have been enjoying th last month or so let's try not get to carried away. If we go on a winning run until we play them and then do the business at Ibrox it puts us in a great position. We have a few tricky ones the start of the year so I'll make my judgment after those rounds of fixtures. If we can maintain our form we are in over the course of a season though then it doesn't matter what others do.

We expected to beat them at Ibrox at the same point in the season last year yet did not. They came here and won then never looked back. A painful experience at the time but one that MUST serve as a lesson.
Put simply we CANNOT under any circumstances give them that chink of light again. Everyone of us has an opinion on them and how they have managed to hoover up 11 trophies on the bounce. Something none of us can dispute though is if you give them a chance they WILL take full advantage as they've proven time after time after time.

My own gut feeling is they will continue to come undone. So many wee tell tale signs indicate to me all is not well in the camp. That is totally irrelevant to us! We stifle any possible hope they cling to and we do that by taking full points between now and Ibrox v them.

I don't think we are.

People are naturally apprehensive because its been 10 years, and after last season's collapse post-January.

But this team is not capable of that. On top of that Celtic can't string two wins together.

It's happening Bears, relax and enjoy it.
You could be right but many of this team collapsed last season.

Whilst I think the bigger squad and increase in quality are big factors anything can happen in football-we should know this better than most

If we have a great December and the Tims don't keep up this could be over come 2pm on Jan 2nd. A lot of ifs, buts and maybes in there but if we are looking at a min 17 point gap in the new year that's too much to claw back IMHO.

Saying that the fixture schedule for Dec looks mental and we have to cross everything for minimum injuries and COVID to stay away.

I think the only thing the New Years game offers over any of the others is certainty that we can discount the points from the other two old firms.

We win, 6 points from 12, 6 available to play for still, worst case scenario they win the Easter and post split game and we cancel each other out, and the league is played against the rest. Match or better Celtics results against the other 10 and we’ve won it.

People really need to calm the f.uc.k down:))

The league has hardly even begun.

Yes, we’ve started better than anybody could have expected, but we’re a Covid outbreak or injury run away from being back to neck and neck.

5 points with 23 games to go is nothing.

One draw and one win ahead of them.
We have been playing well.
Mhanks playing Meh.

We should be wary, that’s why we concentrate on each game as it comes. We don’t want to go playing Meh.
Winning games is our aim, that is achieved by working hard together as a squad, we have the tools, let’s use them as designed.

Very difficult to not getting carried away with this rangers side but I’m trying to keep calm! The remaining 3 old firm games I’d expect us to take at least 4 points. The league will be won if we can continue beating the lesser teams who like to sit in and defend. With the variety in the team and squad I think we can do this!

Old Firm games are a lottery. What was killing us was drawn games against the supposedly lesser sides.
Hard to argue that but I also think Celtic having either amazing seasons or amazing runs poet Christmas played a part which is obviously outwith our control

This season they're having a relatively average season results wise and were seeing the difference big time.

People are getting ahead of their selves.

Titles aren’t won in December or January.

They are certainly lost in January as per our two previous seasons.

Realistically if we get through December and January with a 100% record the title is ours.

Back