Klopp post match interview

cloodie

Official Ticketer
Anyone watching this, it's pretty remarkable. Fair play to whoever's doing the interview as he's not backing down and pointing out the hypocrisy of teams complaining about fixtures being broadcast when it's the Premier League, i.e. the clubs, who set the rules. Also asking Klopp why, if he's complaining, didn't clubs accept going with 5 subs. Still ongoing but it's a good watch.

I think in EPL it is still only 3 subs so on that Klopp has a point but the 1230 kick offs are just the luck of who the broadcasters pick

Klopp coming across as a right prick. And like you said fair play to the interviewer for arguing back.
Embarrassing from Klopp, with their budget they should be able to handle Wednesday/Saturday games easily.

Yeah, don't think he expected the interviewer to fight back and just ended up looking daft

Reactions: fmp
Anyone watching this, it's pretty remarkable. Fair play to whoever's doing the interview as he's not backing down and pointing out the hypocrisy of teams complaining about fixtures being broadcast when it's the Premier League, i.e. the clubs, who set the rules. Also asking Klopp why, if he's complaining, didn't clubs accept going with 5 subs. Still ongoing but it's a good watch.

TBF it was more entertaining than the actual football

He's a bellend. Whilst people were falling over Klopp and labelling Mourinho and Guardiola bad losers, it was Klopp who always annoyed me.

Fantastic manager, one of the best in the world just never taken to him. A jumped up prick in a tracksuit who cannot take a decision against him. He's a bad loser.

Liverpool voted against the five subs this season.
When was this?

Premier League’s Big Six ‘let down’ by rivals as clubs again vote AGAINST five substitutions in upcoming season​

• 3 Sep 2020, 22:13
  • Updated: 4 Sep 2020, 8:06
ANGRY ‘Big Six’ clubs forced a vote over subs they knew they would LOSE — to lay the ground rules for future battles.
Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and the Manchester giants were frustrated last month when they were outvoted as clubs agreed to revert to three subs for the new season.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12577165/premier-league-five-substitutes-vote/#

can probably see why smaller clubs wouldn't want 5 subs because it will allow the bigger clubs more options to win games against them with better quality on the bench

Klopp's mask has slipped a lot this season because him and his team are not having it their own way this time around

One point he did make (if true) was that Liverpool have 3 1230hrs K.O.'s against one for other teams playing in EUFA competitions.

When was this?

Premier League’s Big Six ‘let down’ by rivals as clubs again vote AGAINST five substitutions in upcoming season​

• 3 Sep 2020, 22:13
  • Updated: 4 Sep 2020, 8:06
ANGRY ‘Big Six’ clubs forced a vote over subs they knew they would LOSE — to lay the ground rules for future battles.
Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and the Manchester giants were frustrated last month when they were outvoted as clubs agreed to revert to three subs for the new season.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12577165/premier-league-five-substitutes-vote/#

Not relevant to the thread but all that big six patter is tragic. It used to be the top two then the top four. Now it's the big six.

It's like they can't remove any of the clubs from the previous "big insert number here" so just keep adding to it. While missing out unfashionable clubs like Leicester.

He's a bellend. Whilst people were falling over Klopp and labelling Mourinho and Guardiola bad losers, it was Klopp who always annoyed me.

Fantastic manager, one of the best in the world just never taken to him. A jumped up prick in a tracksuit who cannot take a decision against him. He's a bad loser.
Summed up perfectly.

That interviewer has some balls, its refreshing to see managers getting called out for their hypocrisy. I say that as a big fan of Klopp.

Good on the interviewer - Koop acting like a stroppy prick with his sarcastic ‘congratulations’ comment and deserved to be called out.

The broadcasters are easy scapegoats for the likes of Klopp but they work entirely within the terms agreed by the clubs.

Unless there's another video it's hardly a meltdown. BT/Sky levels of hype for that discussion so far.

Your agenda is so transparent. Klopp is a Manager that, relatively speaking, spends a fraction of Guardiola and Mourinho’s in terms of net spend.

Klopp doesn’t normally complain about a decision against him, unlike the other two. You haven’t really heard him complain about Liverpool’s injuries or a lack of backing.

He might be animated on the touchline but that is just his style.

If he is now frustrated by the decisions var is giving against Liverpool, it’s understandable.

Whining prat. How many years have we been playing Thursday night/Sunday lunchtime - sometimes OF games - now? The EPL agreed to it just as the SPFL agreed to it. Don't want it then don't accept it - or don't take the money.
It’s avoidable though. It’s harder when we are playing on a Thursday. Do you want 3 games on a Monday night? We would only complain if that was the case.

The solution is easy, have groups in the cl that play Tuesday and groups that play weds. Schedule the weekend fixtures accordingly. Scrap international football this season.

Not relevant to the thread but all that big six patter is tragic. It used to be the top two then the top four. Now it's the big six.

It's like they can't remove any of the clubs from the previous "big insert number here" so just keep adding to it. While missing out unfashionable clubs like Leicester.
Why is it not relevant? Poster said Liverpool voted against 5 subs, I don’t think that assertion is correct so posted newspaper story from early September showing that they did vote in favour. How the article is written is not down to me or even important.

It’s avoidable though. It’s harder when we are playing on a Thursday. Do you want 3 games on a Monday night? We would only complain if that was the case.

The solution is easy, have groups in the cl that play Tuesday and groups that play weds. Schedule the weekend fixtures accordingly. Scrap international football this season.
The simple solution is to have the teams in Europe play at 1500hrs on the Saturday/Sunday after and not 1200hrs. No need to leave it to the Monday. Don't really see that it would make a huge difference but it might reduce the moaning. Let's face it, most of the moaning comes from Managers in the immediate aftermath of their teams f*cking things up.

Not sure I get your point about cancelling international football because this isn't a single-season issue, its been this way for years. Its only now the EPL are whining though.

Why is it not relevant? Poster said Liverpool voted against 5 subs, I don’t think that assertion is correct so posted newspaper story from early September showing that they did vote in favour. How the article is written is not down to me or even important.

I meant my point wasn't relevant to the thread mate. The article obviously is.

God, I feel like Des Kelly..... :)

His trait of moaning like a victim at every turn is one trait I don't want our gaffer to copy from Klopp.

Our gaffers at the opposite end of the spectrum. There’s been plenty of times I’ve been frustrated by Gerrard for saying little when he’s had every right to say a lot.

5 subs is unreasonable but 3 outfield subs plus a goalkeeper sub might be a good compromise so why does nobody suggest this. With 3 subs managers have to be mindful of a goalkeeper being injured.

Why because he wasn’t happy to sit and let your man Klopp talk to him like a piece of shit? Good on him, I actually think he did well to avoid sending Klopp for a pair of replacement veneers.
Probably a waste of time if the reason for him being unprofessional really needs explaining.

Edit: Just seen your comment “let your man”. Genuinely just about spewed on my phone.

Back