Klopp post match interview

You want to take the cash you abide by their rules. His target should be the Premier League, BT only doing what is in their contract

His job is to ask questions about the game itself. That’s his job. Regardless if Klopp was snide or not. How many interviews have you seen like that? In my decades watching the game, I’ve seen 1 and it was that game just then. The reason for that? Because there job isn’t to get in to arguments about nonsense.

Im afraid you’re in a minority of 1 if you think that people don’t want to see interviewers engage with their subject, respond actively to the comments they are making and challenge their opinion where appropriate.

Klopp has a duty of care to his players, he's well within his rights to ask why the %^*& he has to put out a team at 8pm on a Wednesday and then have to travel 270 miles for a 12:30pm kick-off on a Saturday.

BT are well within their rights to say "We pay crazy amounts for the coverage, we want the match that will give us the highest ratings"

This is a Premier League %^*& up. They should dictate to the broadcasters what matches can be moved for coverage (with teams who compete in Europe and are playing away as the exception) but they sold off timeslots and not games. So, limiting the choice for broadcasters will drop the price at the next auction and all they care about is the money so they wont.

That's what the interviewer was trying to get across to him but Klopp wasn't having it.

Im afraid you’re in a minority of 1 if you think that people don’t want to see interviewers engage with their subject, respond actively to the comments they are making and challenge their opinion where appropriate.

He’s talking shite anyway. The reason you hardly ever see interviewers biting back is because you rarely ever see managers making snide remarks to imply that the interviewer and his employer are in some way responsible for an injury.

Anyway, as someone else alluded to it’s actually refreshing to see some back and forth as opposed to an interviewer ask the same mundane and clichéd questions only to get the usual mundane and clichéd answers.

Kelly is an experienced journalist and in my experience he has always known what he was talking about. His column in the Mail was always worth a read plus the fact he used to be with Carol Vordeman probably gives him a bit of an advantage when it comes to debating with EPL managers etc.

He’s a right moaner. They’ll still have a decent season this year, start rubbish next year after no rest from the Euros and he’ll quit citing a ‘career break’.

Great watch.

I love Klopp.

All of us EPL lovers are very fortunate to have him in the league. And Pep. And Jose.

It's going to be a fascinating title battle, this season.

I love the interest it generates. Fantastic.

Incidentally, Des is a huge Klopp fan. And I'm sure he's a Liverpool fan, also.

Cry me a river. You get £150m a year right off the bat because of the TV deal you're complaining at, which allows you to spend £75m on defenders and goalkeepers.

Bit of a brass neck if what is said earlier is true about Liverpool voting against the 5 subs rule.

He’s a right moaner. They’ll still have a decent season this year, start rubbish next year after no rest from the Euros and he’ll quit citing a ‘career break’.
Every top manager carries this characteristic - especially after dropped points.

There will be plenty of points dropped, all season.

Makes it all the more exciting.

Roll on 530pm and 800pm.

Having Liverpool in the early kick-off slot does seem a bit needless when there's no 3 pm 'blackout' to worry about and all the games are being spread out for TV. It's also a UEFA problem for having them playing on Tuesday, which obviously rules out playing tomorrow. Ultimately the cash being thrown at them from both competitions allows them to recruit quality in depth and have decent travel and accommodation arrangements for the players.

Last edited:
can probably see why smaller clubs wouldn't want 5 subs because it will allow the bigger clubs more options to win games against them with better quality on the bench

Klopp's mask has slipped a lot this season because him and his team are not having it their own way this time around
This is the reason I really hope it doesn’t get pushed through but they tend to get their own way eventually. They’ve already got enough advantages how many do they really need.

Relegation fodder holding City or Liverpool 0-0 but they can switch half their side to fresh 30M+ players ffs.

Having Liverpool in the early kick-off slot does seem a bit needless when there's no 3 pm 'blackout' to worry about and all the games are being spread out for TV. It's also a UEFA problem for having them playing on Tuesday, which obviously rules out playing tomorrow. Ultimately the cash being thrown at them from both competitions allows them to recruit quality in depth and have decent travel and accommodation arrangements for the players.
They were at home on Wednesday night so not as if they've had a lot of travelling to do before going to Brighton. What does an extra 2 and a half hours do for them if they kick off at 3? There's been far too many games recently but everyone is on the same boat it just smacks of deflection cause they dropped points today and got beat by Atalanta on Wednesday.

Total hypocrisy from Klopp.

With the 5 subs thing, he says they want the 5 subs purely so that he can replace fatigued players. As though at 1-0 down in the 80th minute he wouldn't use it to chuck on a (multi-million pound) striker for a defender as his final sub.

Same with the kick-off time. BT schedule games at a time that makes most commercial sense, and pick the games for the same reason. If Klopp wants the broadcaster to make changes, I assume he's fine for it to reduce the amount it pays? No, of course he's not.

Football likes to be seen as a special case but the truth is, as an industry, those within it are generally every bit as self-serving as anyone else.

And the snide "congratulations" along with his sarcastic applause of the officials is the behaviour of an absolute twat.

Klop after being a breath of fresh air in his first few years is coming across as a complete tool this season .

I really like Klopp and I say that as someone with a soft spot for Man Utd but he’s made an arse of himself there. He said a very likeable man burn that seems to badly slip when things aren’t going his way.
Fair play to Des Kelly for not having it and then proceeding to hit back.

I think it's clear he is very much on a moan while your winning tour because at least people will pay attention to you and not think it's just sour grapes.

Calls out Wilder there in no uncertain terms.

How many times have us or the bheasts had to play an early kickoff on Sunday because of Europe?? He is fighting an absolute losing battle but will no doubt have a list of injuries ready to roll out at some point.

Class from Klopp. We need more managers out there willing to speak up about the ridiculous tv scheduling....5.30 on a sunday...

Your agenda is so transparent. Klopp is a Manager that, relatively speaking, spends a fraction of Guardiola and Mourinho’s in terms of net spend.

Klopp doesn’t normally complain about a decision against him, unlike the other two. You haven’t really heard him complain about Liverpool’s injuries or a lack of backing.

He might be animated on the touchline but that is just his style.

If he is now frustrated by the decisions var is giving against Liverpool, it’s understandable.
Big Presbyterian, is our Jürgen.

When was this?

Premier League’s Big Six ‘let down’ by rivals as clubs again vote AGAINST five substitutions in upcoming season​

ANGRY ‘Big Six’ clubs forced a vote over subs they knew they would LOSE — to lay the ground rules for future battles.
Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and the Manchester giants were frustrated last month when they were outvoted as clubs agreed to revert to three subs for the new season.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12577165/premier-league-five-substitutes-vote/#

When was this?

Premier League’s Big Six ‘let down’ by rivals as clubs again vote AGAINST five substitutions in upcoming season​

ANGRY ‘Big Six’ clubs forced a vote over subs they knew they would LOSE — to lay the ground rules for future battles.
Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and the Manchester giants were frustrated last month when they were outvoted as clubs agreed to revert to three subs for the new season.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12577165/premier-league-five-substitutes-vote/#
That was the second vote they had on it. It wasn't a 14/6 split.

I haven't watched the interview but I agree with his general point. TV will ultimately kill the thing they profess to love.

I may well be wrong of course but I genuinely can’t see what the interviewer did wrong?
He constantly interrupted Klopp for a start. I agree with the interviewers point that it’s not going to change anything whining on TV about it, but I do also sympathise with Klopp if the PL aren’t taking a position against the broadcaster about it.

"Wednesday night then 12.30 on Saturday is dangerous for the players".

That extra 150 minutes recovery until 3.00 makes it so much safer?

Was thinking the same - the players probably get up at the same time and do their sessions, play and be home at say 4pm, put their feet up and chill, recover and have the whole day to themselves.

If it was a 7pm game - they have all day to hang about and pretty much straight in their scratcher once they have finished.

I know what I would prefer - but even with the 12.30 kickoff they are getting extra recovery time for their next game. It all evens out.

After all that ranting about the early Saturday kick-off he went on to say that Wednesday/Saturday was ‘entirely normal’ and his only beef was the early start. Effectively, then, complaining about 150 minutes. I’m sure that makes a huge difference Jurgen.:rolleyes:

I haven't watched the interview but I agree with his general point. TV will ultimately kill the thing they profess to love.

Oversaturation is a big turn off for many - same thing is happening with Horse Racing. It all just becomes a blur and you are on to the next game/race.

Obviously in these times where fans can't get to see their teams play as many games as possible should be covered but it's going to do a lasting damage in the very near future.

He who pays the piper calls the tune, the EPL is funded by a stupid amount of tv money, they will get what games they want when they want them, not too many Klopp outbursts when they were bossing it.

Total hypocrisy from Klopp.

With the 5 subs thing, he says they want the 5 subs purely so that he can replace fatigued players. As though at 1-0 down in the 80th minute he wouldn't use it to chuck on a (multi-million pound) striker for a defender as his final sub.

Same with the kick-off time. BT schedule games at a time that makes most commercial sense, and pick the games for the same reason. If Klopp wants the broadcaster to make changes, I assume he's fine for it to reduce the amount it pays? No, of course he's not.

Football likes to be seen as a special case but the truth is, as an industry, those within it are generally every bit as self-serving as anyone else.

And the snide "congratulations" along with his sarcastic applause of the officials is the behaviour of an absolute twat.
Well said.

I know a lot of people in here are Liverpool fans but I think Klopp is a massive wanker

Said this for years mate. There was an incident with him and a fourth official in Bundesliga which was ridiculous too.

At least Jose doesn’t hide the fact he wants to be a total C*nt
Jose is funny with it, I find Klopp cringey

The 12.30 kickoff is the big main attraction in Asia and the far East, because of the time differences. They are part of the people putting massive amounts into the sport, so they want to see the best teams. They don’t want West Brom v Fulham at that time.

Since the gaffer arrived. Before that they were all Chelsea fans :))
I’m actually pretty neutral in the EPL, like Spurs, City and any other teams who rack me up FF points but I can honestly sit and watch a game and not be arsed who wins and just enjoy a game of football but the way Klopp behaves (and Robertson for his outburst at the ref recently) really puts me off Liverpool. Plus I’ve a few pals that are all of a sudden Liverpool fans since May 2018 for some reason.

I’m assuming Klopp has never complained about the salaries and transfer fees the TV money allows him to spend on his team?
He's only spent a little over £500million on transfer fees since he took charge of Liverpool. How on earth can anyone expect him to have built a squad capable of playing a little over three months of football with such a pittance.

What a shame, we have two days in between games when we’re in Europe and even then part of the first day is spent travelling back home if we’re away. They’ve had three days.

Back