Klopp post match interview

The simple solution is to have the teams in Europe play at 1500hrs on the Saturday/Sunday after and not 1200hrs. No need to leave it to the Monday. Don't really see that it would make a huge difference but it might reduce the moaning. Let's face it, most of the moaning comes from Managers in the immediate aftermath of their teams f*cking things up.

Not sure I get your point about cancelling international football because this isn't a single-season issue, its been this way for years. Its only now the EPL are whining though.
The international thing is because there was no real preseason and the fixtures are being condensed.

UEFA and the associations should be planning effectively and doing, as you say, scheduling of fixtures to allow sides playing Tuesday in europe to get the earlier fixtures, those on wednesdays play Saturday nights or Sundays (ideally) and those playing Thursdays to be late Sunday or Monday kickoffs.

Sides playing away in Europe should be factored in also.

Truth be told it’s probably the last minute penalty decision that’s got him so annoyed. Never a penalty in a million years.

Probably a waste of time if the reason for him being unprofessional really needs explaining.

Edit: Just seen your comment “let your man”. Genuinely just about spewed on my phone.

No it’s not a waste of time. Take 10 seconds to write a line explaining to us why he was unprofessional. The only one lacking etiquette there was the greetin’ faced German with his needlessly sarcastic remark about Milner.

Your agenda is so transparent. Klopp is a Manager that, relatively speaking, spends a fraction of Guardiola and Mourinho’s in terms of net spend.

Klopp doesn’t normally complain about a decision against him, unlike the other two. You haven’t really heard him complain about Liverpool’s injuries or a lack of backing.

He might be animated on the touchline but that is just his style.

If he is now frustrated by the decisions var is giving against Liverpool, it’s understandable.
Dry your eyes.

Klopp showing his true colours.

An egotist, a fraud of a manager and a fraud of a man. Looking forward to see Liverpool's collapse this season, he does't have what it takes when the pressure is on.

An egotist, a fraud of a manager and a fraud of a man. Looking forward to see Liverpool's collapse this season, he does't have what it takes when the pressure is on.

I don’t mind you criticising his approach to that interviewer, but a fraud of a manager?

Come on to %^*&.

And that's why senior football is heading for trouble. TV controls it. That means armchair 'fans' & licensed premises. Not us punters going though turnstiles.

Add in the way the police treat fans and the push to stamp out drinking/singing/ enjoying yourself etc, it amazes me supporters can be bothered going to games.

Your agenda is so transparent. Klopp is a Manager that, relatively speaking, spends a fraction of Guardiola and Mourinho’s in terms of net spend.

Klopp doesn’t normally complain about a decision against him, unlike the other two. You haven’t really heard him complain about Liverpool’s injuries or a lack of backing.

He might be animated on the touchline but that is just his style.

If he is now frustrated by the decisions var is giving against Liverpool, it’s understandable.

When they bought Allison was it not the most ever for a Keeper?

When they bought VVD was it not the most ever spent on a defender?

That’s on top of the hundreds of millions spent by Brendan

Klopp is right in the sense that the broadcast rights were agreed pre-covid and now the season is being condensed which has exasperated the fixture pile up.

At the end of the day though it comes down to the fact that the clubs are happy to take every penny the broadcasting companies throw at them so they do need to just suck it up.

Much like Celtic, they won’t be happy until they’re running the league and it’s all tailored to suit their specific needs. I like the big man but he’s gone rogue lately and I do find folk who lambast Jose and Pep for being dicks a tad hypocritical for letting Klopp’s behaviour slide.

Klopp has a duty of care to his players, he's well within his rights to ask why the %^*& he has to put out a team at 8pm on a Wednesday and then have to travel 270 miles for a 12:30pm kick-off on a Saturday.

BT are well within their rights to say "We pay crazy amounts for the coverage, we want the match that will give us the highest ratings"

This is a Premier League %^*& up. They should dictate to the broadcasters what matches can be moved for coverage (with teams who compete in Europe and are playing away as the exception) but they sold off timeslots and not games. So, limiting the choice for broadcasters will drop the price at the next auction and all they care about is the money so they wont.

Klopp has a duty of care to his players, he's well within his rights to ask why the %^*& he has to put out a team at 8pm on a Wednesday and then have to travel 270 miles for a 12:30pm kick-off on a Saturday.

BT are well within their rights to say "We pay crazy amounts for the coverage, we want the match that will give us the highest ratings"

This is a Premier League %^*& up. They should dictate to the broadcasters what matches can be moved for coverage (with teams who compete in Europe and are playing away as the exception) but they sold off timeslots and not games. So, limiting the choice for broadcasters will drop the price at the next auction and all they care about is the money so they wont.

Premier League clubs and their managers really are utter fannies at times. More than happy to take billions of pounds off the broadcasters that enable them to bring in all the top talent and enables shitty little clubs like Burnley and Brighton to attract players ahead of big clubs like Rangers, yet they still want to moan because the organisation that fills their pockets wants them to kick off a couple of hours earlier to generate better ratings. Fùck off you spoiled brats.

Think you’ll probably be in the minority with that take in all honesty.

The only thing that appeared unprofessional was Klopp’s sarcastic ‘congratulations’ when he asked about Milner’s injury.
Strange if that’s the only thing you deemed unprofessional in that 8 minute interview.

No it’s not a waste of time. Take 10 seconds to write a line explaining to us why he was unprofessional. The only one lacking etiquette there was the greetin’ faced German with his needlessly sarcastic remark about Milner.
It would be a waste of my time. For me, it doesn’t need explaining. You clearly think different.

Utter nonsense, he’s doing his job.
His job is to ask questions about the game itself. That’s his job. Regardless if Klopp was snide or not. How many interviews have you seen like that? In my decades watching the game, I’ve seen 1 and it was that game just then. The reason for that? Because there job isn’t to get in to arguments about nonsense.

can probably see why smaller clubs wouldn't want 5 subs because it will allow the bigger clubs more options to win games against them with better quality on the bench

Klopp's mask has slipped a lot this season because him and his team are not having it their own way this time around
Exactly what happened when St Johnstone lost at home to that mob recently, 2 of the 5 subs scored

His job is to ask questions about the game itself. That’s his job. Regardless if Klopp was snide or not. How many interviews have you seen like that? In my decades watching the game, I’ve seen 1 and it was that game just then. The reason for that? Because there job isn’t to get in to arguments about nonsense.
Where in the job description does it say you should only ask questions about the game itself and ignore any discussion from the interviewee on other matters?

Take it there is a bit of previous with Klopp and the interviewer? Klopp comes across as a whiney sore loser in that interview.

Take it there is a bit of previous with Klopp and the interviewer? Klopp comes across as a whiney sore loser in that interview.
Not that I'm aware of but I was wondering if BT had possibly told him to bite back a bit at the hypocrisy given some of the recent statements managers have been making about this. Ultimately the interviewer is right, don't blame the broadcasters for doing what they are paying good money for. The problem lies with the Premier League which is the clubs themselves.

Back