Jack Ross

Desmond backing him, looks like their fans behaviour last night has passed Desmond off.

We can close this stupid Jack Ross thread now anyway, one guy has made it up and loads of people believe it.

The Milan game is a free hit, even if they were playing well a defeat wouldn't be a surprise. Hopefully Milan narrowly beat them, he gets a bit of pride then loses the next 3 league games.

Quote from the Record piece @Recoba linked credited to ‘a spokesperson’:

”[Lennon] knows he can’t go on losing games indefinitely but he will also not be thrown to the wolves just because of the demands of a bunch of fans with an enormous sense of entitlement.”

That will go down well. :))
Lovely

This is exactly what a lot of here have being saying. This puts Celtic in a tricky situation.

Sack him now and make it look like a bunch of IRA loving ned casuals run the show or stick by him in a 2 finger salute to said casuals

It'd be ironic if their protests resulted in desmond sticking with lennon, they love nothing more than to spin the yarn that desmond went out and got Rodgers because of our celebrations in Scottish cup semi..... the will be less enamoured with the version where he keeps a manager to stick it to his own fans!

Desmond calls the shots. What he wants will happen . Lawell is just there to run the day to day stuff while Desmond plays golf. He’s a puppet really . Anything important goes through Desmond. Think Murray and Bain for similar

Robert Grieve joining Lasagna man on the list of briefed journos tonight. he's going no where.

"The lack of obvious candidates to replace Lennon, should he be sacked, is also a major consideration."

Just been sent this, trying to find out source

The board had a failed motion to sack Lenny on Friday morning. They required a unanimous vote but Lawwell voted against.

Directors weren’t happy, but had to pass him a “vote of confidence” as they couldn’t terminate him.
Desmond and Bankier reconvened a board meeting via video link at 8pm Sunday night after discussions with Lawwell. They have insisted that Lawwell abstain, because he is stepping down at the AGM and shouldn’t be blocking any motions single handedly.
Jack Ross agent has provisionally agreed terms, but the deal hinges on a settlement with Hibs. They were approached last week BEFORE the Sparta game, but were clearly expecting the vote to pass on Friday.

Lenny has a video conference call with the board at 9:15am, where he will be asked to resign. If he refuses, he will be placed on leave.
Kennedy will take the team to Milan.

Absolutely none of this will be true.

on their forums reading about how they are cancelling season tickets and refusing to buy from the club shop. i suppose that's what happens when you tell your fans you are mega rich and the best in Scotland.

Celtic’s Board have indulged these bampots for years and allowed them to vent their bile at everyone, using threatening behaviour at every turn. That has now come back to bite them on the arse but they cannot be seen to cowtow to the rabid mob on this matter. I suspect Lennon will be allowed to continue for the foreseeable future, certainly until the Cup Final v Hearts on 20/12 and on to our game on 2/1. Results, theirs and ours, will determine whether or not the Board then allow him to continue.

The Milan game is a free hit, even if they were playing well a defeat wouldn't be a surprise. Hopefully Milan narrowly beat them, he gets a bit of pride then loses the next 3 league games.

This! Europe is gone already, they can't change that so it probably wont get him sacked right away, its the league that will get him the sack. He may beat St Johnstone, but it will hang over his head every game, "lose this and I'm sacked" The pressure will build, they've not had this pressure.

Though, I do hope StJ pump them.

Lot of effort if it's made up, if Jack is what they are aspiring to then as always we welcome the chase
Strikes me as an Alex McLiesh style appointment,

Downsize is going to be needed, needs to be somebody that will see the job as a opportunity that can't be turned down but still has potential to be better than he is already.

Lawwell placed him at Sunderland and he was to take over from Rodgers but he goosed the Sunderland job. He helped get him to Hibs too.

This will have legs this rumour imo.
Puppet master Lawell strikes again. Christ at this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over from Putin should he step down.

Jack Ross doesn't strike me with fear as a potential manager for them, but I don't think he's a terrible manager. Would rather see them take Kennedy or MON than Ross or Steve Clarke.

To be honest it doesn't matter who they get, we just need to keep our standards and sweep them aside.

Can they not get Hartson in as temp (vice) assistant as well?
Last time I heard him speak (Thursday) he had me in tears (of joy).

not sure if actually serious?
Ofcourse not. Our own suspicions are now becoming fact.

They tried to to establish itself as a power, relying on pressure put to shortbread broadcasters at the Quay.

Golum will not be employed by the government funded nonsense BBC Shortbread now. He turned his partner into a lesbian and chose the wrong club to %^*& with.

Dave King called it. They are nothing. Their biggest shareholder funded war crimes.

The Piggery should be a Piggery again. Fitting.

Same guys circulating this story earlier, are saying that Desmond is beeling with the reaction from the fans outside the ground and is now digging his heels in.
They could have shot themselves in the foot here

Just been sent this, trying to find out source

The board had a failed motion to sack Lenny on Friday morning. They required a unanimous vote but Lawwell voted against.

Directors weren’t happy, but had to pass him a “vote of confidence” as they couldn’t terminate him.
Desmond and Bankier reconvened a board meeting via video link at 8pm Sunday night after discussions with Lawwell. They have insisted that Lawwell abstain, because he is stepping down at the AGM and shouldn’t be blocking any motions single handedly.
Jack Ross agent has provisionally agreed terms, but the deal hinges on a settlement with Hibs. They were approached last week BEFORE the Sparta game, but were clearly expecting the vote to pass on Friday.

Lenny has a video conference call with the board at 9:15am, where he will be asked to resign. If he refuses, he will be placed on leave.
Kennedy will take the team to Milan.
Are you sure the board got a unanimous vote, and there just not waiting on Dundee’s vote coming through again?

You probably have a point. St Mirren championship win is an achievement. Taking points off this Rangers team is probably his best one though.

He also kept St Mirren up in the Championship after being well adrift before they got promoted.

That said however, it doesn't qualify him for the Dhims job imo and his record since is bang average.

Surely this must be filed under bs. Unless, I’ve been living in a parallel universe, who is going to sign for Jack Ross? If he is the preferred candidate they must be about to severely downscale. Either that, or he will be there to keep the electric chair warm until their real preferred candidate becomes available.

Not saying this is untrue but the mentality of people that go to all the time and effort to type out paragraph after paragraph of what they must surely know is lies is a mystery to me.

if it is Ross, bring him on. Done a good job at St Mirren but ultimately failed at Sunderland and is doing no better than average at Hibs. Spent good money in the summer (relatively speaking) and are fourth. The absolute bare minimum they should be doing. Would likely come in and galvanise them a bit but it’s not the inspiring appointment you’d imagine their ‘big’ players will be won over by.

Lovely

This is exactly what a lot of here have being saying. This puts Celtic in a tricky situation.

Sack him now and make it look like a bunch of IRA loving ned casuals run the show or stick by him in a 2 finger salute to said casuals
Uncivil war within Celtic

In one corner is Liewell, Lennon & Sugar Daddy Desmond. In the other the gypsys, tramps & thieves of the Gangrene Brigade.

Ladies & Gentlemen...

Uncivil war within Celtic

In one corner is Liewell, Lennon & Sugar Daddy Desmond. In the other the gypsys, tramps & thieves of the Gangrene Brigade.

Ladies & Gentlemen...

The irony is they have let the GB become an integral part of their club given them space and probably funds at the peadodome and the GB have gone down the ultra road of some European and South American clubs. Historically these clubs are rife with internal struggle and often leads to the board and players being subjected to sporadic acts of violence
It’s poetic justice

Lawwell placed him at Sunderland and he was to take over from Rodgers but he goosed the Sunderland job. He helped get him to Hibs too.

This will have legs this rumour imo.

I’ve seen it all now

We have folk on here claiming Lawwell runs UEFA, Police Scotland, Procurator Fiscal office, Scottish Government

SPL and SFA I can agree with

But the others? Nonsense.

And now we’re to believe he’s picking the manager for Sunderland and Hibs?

Deary me

Back