Jack Ross

Doubt it. Is he the man who would make them renew STs in big numbers ?
If we win 55 this year, they have a quandary
Accept 2nd best for 2 or 3 years till they regroup
Go for big name manager to get fans on board. Will require funds and they have many wealthy donors, but will DD sanction it?

I'm calling it, this is bs and neic is going nowhere, bringing back ra thunder and all that. Seriously after what we seen last night what manager in their right mind is going to take that job?

Once Jack Ross responded favourably to the what school did you go to question, he satisfied the main qualification.

Skybet wont give me odds on Mark Hughes.........

I find that very strange when there’s a list of about 25 names on their App

Edit he’s now there 33-1 lunch time they refused

Sensible post. The guy did a good job at St Boo and although he couldn't get Sunderland out of what used to be the old English Third Division, they did challenge. In saying that however, Sunderland was the giant club in that League while he was there. They could do worse than appoint him but given their standing they could also do a lot better. If it is Jack Ross I think that a lot of their supporters will not be pleased.

Aye I'd agree with that. I knew him (of sorts) in a previous 'life' and he talked about going into management even whilst he was still playing. I really wasnt surprised to see him do quite well and he always came across as a decent guy who was very level headed. No doubt turn into a raving loony like the rest of them if he ends up at that mob, mind you. :)

I probably do rate him as a manager with good potential but, like you I don't see how this ends well for either party just now. Personally can't see it, it'll be O'Neill and Keane imo.

Regards Lennons pay off he’s on a rolling 12 month deal so wont be big bucks...

My bet they’ll bring someone in currently out of a job and my moneys going on Mark Hughes nothing other than a hunch no whatsapp nonsense or Timothy info

TBH, I don't really care who manages them. SG is better than all the choices and our team have been tested and proven well capable of thumping them any time we like.

Regards Lennons pay off he’s on a rolling 12 month deal so wont be big bucks...

My bet they’ll bring someone in currently out of a job and my moneys going on Mark Hughes nothing other than a hunch no whatsapp nonsense or Timothy info
Could pay that cunt and his entire staff off with about 500 grand

Jake bastard is on pittance.

Quote from the Record piece @Recoba linked credited to ‘a spokesperson’:

”[Lennon] knows he can’t go on losing games indefinitely but he will also not be thrown to the wolves just because of the demands of a bunch of fans with an enormous sense of entitlement.”

That will go down well. :))

Isn't that just saying they have been knocked out of 2 competitions in the last week?
The message says they agreed terms with Ross last week, and that Liewell blocked a motion to sack him before the Ross County game.

I don’t think they would sack him when they are potentially only 5 points off is with 3 Old Firms still to play and still in each domestic competition (as they were until yesterday).

Jack Ross would be a great appointment for us

He done well with Dumbarton as assistant to Ian Murray (Ross was more or less the brains behind that operation) they had them punching above their weight in The Championship, then went to St Mirren, gets them promoted then buggers of to Sunderland, gets sacked and now sitting 7th in top league with Hibs.

Lower end SPL and Championship is about his level. I will he astounded if they appoint him.

T
Quote from the Record piece @Recoba linked credited to ‘a spokesperson’:

”[Lennon] knows he can’t go on losing games indefinitely but he will also not be thrown to the wolves just because of the demands of a bunch of fans with an enormous sense of entitlement.”

That will go down well. :))
Their fans are going absolutely crazy, what a mess they are in and will be in for a few years.

:))

Screenshot-20201130-224255-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20201130-224425-Chrome.jpg

If Jack Ross is their knight in shining armour then I'm fűcking delighted....... as fűcking delighted as I'd be if Lennon was given a reprieve........ win-win.

No they don't but most of them will given the litigious society we live in these days. British employment law favours the employee.

Desmond calls the shots, if he says he's staying he stays. The board is a smoke screen. If true why would liewell recuse himself, he is the CEO until such time he is no longer there.

I’d put good money on it being nonsense.

1. It would never go to a board vote, the CEO and Powerbroker (ie Lawwell and Desmond) would decide, if Desmond wanted him gone, he would be gone, at very best there would be a meeting where Desmond and Lawell inform the board of what is going to happen.

2. Lawwell isn’t stepping down.

3. The manager wouldn’t be asked to Resign, it opens up a constructive dismissal case.

4. It’s nonsense :D

Back