Kris Boyd saying pay the going rate for Jones.

350K isnt that far off what hes worth so I actually dont see the fuss Boyd and the media are making, 500k is the most id be going.

Exactly this.

From the little I’ve seen of him he looks a good prospect, but with our business so far and the squad we have I don’t view Jones as a priority signing to be honest.

Killie are of course entitled to ask for £1m for the player if they are set on keeping him but we are equally entitled to laugh in their face and tell them to ram it at anything above our valuation.

That back page made me laugh. When has a player's opinion on a bid for a team-mate been regarded as more important that Rangers signing a player? I know Boyd has a column in the paper but at least try to hide your bias.
Also, I didn't realise board members &/or Managers discussed the details of bids from other clubs with other players at their own club?...as that's the only way Boyd must know how much we offered.

We made an offer for your teammate, Kris, it was rejected, get over it.

Rangers had 450k on the table for JW.

A good offer for a guy who’s contract was running down.

Hearts got greedy and asked for the ludicrous amount of 1 mil.

Then sold him for 300k.

This is what we are up against.

I thought 350k for a guy at Kilmarnock who is a bit hit and miss is a decent offer, walk away Rangers.

And if I was the players agent I would be knocking on the Kilmarnock chairman’s door demanding his player gets paid the wage of a 1 mil player rather than a 100k one.

Boyd blamed the board for the numbskull who made a racist gesture at Dembele, said there was a lack of class at Ibrox from the boardroom to the stands. He is a fat lady's front bottom who has burned his bridges at Ibrox.
Boyd blamed the board for the numbskull who made a racist gesture at Dembele, said there was a lack of class at Ibrox from the boardroom to the stands. He is a fat lady's front bottom who has burned his bridges at Ibrox.
The next time he rolls up to Ibrox we should give it to him tight throughout the whole game to let him know he is not one of us now if indeed he ever was.

Jamie Walker wasn't a £1m player.

I doubt Jordan Jones is and Kris Boyd is a lady's front bottom.

You don't see the mhedia slamming clubs when they make derisory bids for our players.

It should never have been allowed to get his way. Now every one has a pop at Rangers on a daily basis and nothing is said or done.

This is as bad as i have sen from boyd and the record.

Only way to respond to this is publically with draw the offer and advise kilie we will not take any away tickets for there ground.

Rangers need to do something against these low lifes.
Exactly we fill both ends of their ground and even hundreds in their main stand so %^*& them

I hope, if this prick is working for Sky at Fraserburgh on Sunday, he gets absolute dogs abuse. Enough is enough with the cūnt.

I really don't think we need Jones. Yeah he has pace to burn and has had some good games especially against us but I think he's simply a good prospect nothing more at the moment. He is certainly not worth the £1 Million being touted to get him. So Boyd should shut his mouth. I think we should walk away from this and if he keeps progressing go for him in the summer. We don't need him at the moment and we would be better placed using any funds we have to get Docherty over the line.

The thing is: what is the going rate for an ok prospect playing for Kilmarnock? Whilst 350K (plus add ons) may be at the lower scale of his value, he isn't worth that much more (to us).

If Kilmarnock can get much more for him then fair play. I'd rather miss out on the odd deal compared to when we used to pay way over the odds for average players.

The offer is on the low side but it's not ridiculously low imo. I'd say a fair value for him would probably be around 600-700k.

Chip in MOH and offer MOH a sweetner to leave to smooth the deal over.

Sickens me that this fud makes a living out of slating us yet some bright spark has decided to put him on the bill for a rangers legends night in march at the Hilton. Be interested to hear how he gets received....

Is the lad getting the wages of a £1million rated player at Kilmarnock?I wouldn’t have thought so.Maybe Boyd could champion the lads case for a wee pay rise.He really does enjoy playing to the gallery.

Boyd really has far too much to say for himself these days.

He's beginning to sound like a total balloon.
He has got far too much to say for himself to say for himself these days because there are people/organisations who are prepared to pay him to act as their mouthpiece.

He has got far too much to say for himself to say for himself these days because there are people/organisations who are prepared to pay him to act as their mouthpiece.
True but even given that fact, does he need to talk such utter garbage.

Whilst I think he should shut his mouth, hes hardly going to write an article saying our valuation is both fair and reasonable.

Boyd can kiss my shiny white arse.

So the boy might not come and then he can thank these gobshites for sticking their oar in.

Griffiths to C****c - £1m

Scott Allan - £275k

Lewis Morgan - £300k

Ryan Christie - £500k

Mackay-Steven - £250k

How do you decide a players worth?, Lee Hodson has 20 caps for NI.

On a side note, the least surprising thing in this thread is Mr “look at me! I’m going against the grain” siding with Boyd’s demented view.

Jordan Jones wants to come to Rangers. Said deal was as good as done while back but something went wrong. He not interested in othe clubs that are interested. He reckons something will happen this month.

Got this from a workmate who used to go with Jordan sister. He only spoke with him couple days ago and this was latest as far as Jordan concerned.

He has been at it for months, still got applauded at Ibrox last game against them.

Of course he did....he scored a shit load of goals for us, helped us win leagues and cups...

A few on here lived in a world where the away fans would let him know the score etc...they didn't....most fans respect what he did for us.

Oh...that and most people accept he is allowed an opinion.

Of course he did....he scored a shit load of goals for us, helped us win leagues and cups...

A few on here lived in a world where the away fans would let him know the score etc...they didn't....most fans respect what he did for us.

Oh...that and most people accept he is allowed an opinion.

Well he has eroded any respect he had from us for scoring goals and winning leagues and cups by putting his name to unnecessary negative articles for cash.

Sickens me that this fud makes a living out of slating us yet some bright spark has decided to put him on the bill for a rangers legends night in march at the Hilton. Be interested to hear how he gets received....

There's still time to let the organisers know that he isn't welcome and have him replaced by a true and worthy Rangers Legend,there are many to choose from.

The organisers' facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/epicsportspromotions/

Lump of Wood

Hr0WEUh.jpg

Kris Boyd
nTwqBa2.jpg

Griffiths to C****c - £1m

Scott Allan - £275k

Lewis Morgan - £300k

Ryan Christie - £500k

Mackay-Steven - £250k

How do you decide a players worth?, Lee Hodson has 20 caps for NI.

Main factors would probably be form + ability \ potential + age + years left in contract.

We are trying to sign Jones a time a time when his stock is high and others rumoured to be interested.

In the long term £600k could turn out to be an absolute bargain, and it’s not going to be a huge loss if it doesn’t go to plan and we move him on as he’s unlikely to be worth much less at any stage.

I don’t recall Lee Hodson having a bad game in those 20 caps for NI as mad as that sounds. :D

There were a lot of low points in the disastrous McCoist/McCall 14/15 season where we finished third in the Championship, one of which watching Kris Boyd steal a wage from us while lumbering about the pitch. He owes us an apology for his lack of professionalism and effort that season.

Agreed. Publicly walk away too so they can't use us to play up to a bidding war with any clubs down south. The player isn't even worth this carry on IMO and he's definitely not worth £1m to us now.

Especially if the reports that the Cummings deal is agreed at £600k are true.

By my reckoning, that makes Jones around the £200k mark

Back