Kris Boyd saying pay the going rate for Jones.

Interesting to see what he has actually said, my guess is it is being exaggerated to work the papers agenda.

It’s always the same, we bid for a player and it is big bad Rangers unsettling the players. We are entitled to bid whatever the f&%k we want for player
Nah mate
I reckon Boyd would be straight back with another headline chance.Lucky to have played in a team that made so many chances.His comparison with Mcoist v scum says it all.No sorry mate.

Well done Rangers. High time we started offering sensible money for players. The rest of the SPFL need to wake up to the harsh realities of Scottish transfer fees, and realise Rangers are no longer going to pay millions for teenagers who have proved nothing on the park.

I'm of the opinion he's not worth any more than 400k and that he would be a perennial sub for us. He's not that highly thought of by some Killie fans I know. Yes he may have had the odd moment against us and Tav (but you don't need to be a Davie Cooper to roast Tav at full back)

Personnaly, I want whatever limited funds we have used to land Docherty. If we have change left, use that in a take it or leave it offer for Jones.

Compare with our Captain. Never gets involved in things that do not concern him and always carries himself well. STFU Boyd.

Daily Mail also going with the Kris Boyd hits out at Rangers as the headline on the back page. There's absolutely no doubt that the attacks on the club through all parts of the media are co-ordinated. I think we can be pretty certain that the thing in common with all the haters is a) religion and b)a hatred of the club and what we stand for.

Maybe fat arse can hand back some of his wages that he got from us under false pretences to add to the fee. I bet he has it stashed in Monster munch shares.

Now I'm no lover of Kris Boyd, but apart from the fact it's really none of his business, I don't know what people expect of him.

"Some Rangers man..."-That's the problem in this tin-pot league, every footballer regardless of who they currently play for is either a Rangers or Septic man. They shouldn't be. They should have only one focus, the team they play for, the team that pays their wages.

Football in Scotland is dead, killed by the domination of two teams to the detriment of the others. Boyd shouldn't be commenting on this, but his focus, all his focus, should be on Kilmarnock and their successes or failures.

Like it or not, nothing at all would revive football in Scotland more than a Hearts, Sheep or Kilmarnock breaking the dominance of Rangers or them.

Last week, he started his charity, no doubt expecting us to support it

This week, he's chasing Timmy coin and putting the boot it

I know he's not the brightest, but ffs, even he should be able to think that one through

...........And when they got in there, surgeons were stunned to discover the smallest human brain they had ever come across.

kris-boyd-hair-transplant-treatment-the-private-clinic.jpg

Daily Mail also going with the Kris Boyd hits out at Rangers as the headline on the back page. There's absolutely no doubt that the attacks on the club through all parts of the media are co-ordinated. I think we can be pretty certain that the thing in common with all the haters is a) religion and b)a hatred of the club and what we stand for.

And Boyd has been used like a puppet by these rags
Hope he’s proud of himself.

Jordan Jones is quite simply not worth £1 million.

Ok our bid might have been a bit of a joke, but their valuation is just as much as one.
Haven’t read the piece.
However, what is “the going rate”?
Is it what the selling club demand?
Don’t think so, Kris.
Stick to something you know and understand, mon ami, and leave the business dealings to more intelligent people.

Good, glad we're getting right up yer beak ya muppet!

Here's a question Boydy....I'm assuming if Kilmarnock value the player at £750k then his wages are on par with his valuation....oh naw wait a minute he's only getting paid £1400 a week?

£350k is a fair offer and I bet the lad is desperate to come to the Teddy Bears!
It's a more than fair offer for a young player who is just starting out.

Last time Boyd played against us at Ibrox he got an ovation when he was subbed.

Next game he scores 2 goals to beat us and no doubt some will have also applauded him

He can’t stop putting the boot into our club.

He should look at how he performed at his 2nd spell and apologise for stealing a wage and being a fat useless twat.

I’d be telling him next time he wants to see a match at Ibrox he will need to pay in and remove any press privileges he has with BT Sport.

Time for club to say enough is enough

Pity Traynor or Robertson won’t take action.

There have been numerous chances to revoke other “reporters” or pundits press privileges but we have constantly failed to advise the serial haters that we’ve had enough of their blatant bias and tell them they are done.

Skeletor should not be the only “reporter” to be identified. Can’t remeber if Keech Jackson is under the same deal as Skeletor but there are plenty to go after.

That boot McClaren at STV. “Nae Bird” Leckie. Mutton. The list has plenty to choose from!!!

Last week, he started his charity, no doubt expecting us to support it

This week, he's chasing Timmy coin and putting the boot it

I know he's not the brightest, but ffs, even he should be able to think that one through

I think any kind of person who isn't a bit of a lady's front bottom would show some form of support for his charity.

That comment does not reflect very well on you.

I think any kind of person who isn't a bit of a lady's front bottom would show some form of support for his charity.

That comment does not reflect very well on you.
Now where did I say dont support it?

I pointed out the utter stupidity of annoying potential donors, and a sizeable chunk of them. You joined the dots wrongly and made a straw man argument. Not for the first time either

Now where did I say dont support it?

I pointed out the utter stupidity of annoying potential donors, and a sizeable chunk of them. You joined the dots wrongly and made a straw man argument. Not for the first time either

You literally said he would expect people to support it and then link comments in a paper back to a charity it's an utterly bizare corelation to make

Have a charity...but don't you dare have an opinion that some people might not like..weird mate, really weird.

350K isnt that far off what hes worth so I actually dont see the fuss Boyd and the media are making, 500k is the most id be going.

Reactions: Ter
The club need to be making a complaint to the SFA about this tit. Would be annoying enough if he was retired, but he's still playing for a club in our league, how can this not be bringing the game into disrepute?

The club need to be making a complaint to the SFA about this tit. Would be annoying enough if he was retired, but he's still playing for a club in our league, how can this not be bringing the game into disrepute?
This is what I've been getting at for a while.

Can you imagine if any of our players came out with the shite he does every week ??

SPFL/SFA standing back and doing nothing about this gobshite.

There has to be case for bringing the game into disrepute, surely ??

A players going rate is only whatever a buying club is willing to pay for him.

Since we seem to be the only club making any offers for him, then his going rate is only whatever we would be willing to pay for him.

Anyone can say anything is worth £X, but unless someone is willing to pay that for it, then it's not.

Boyd these days is very much best ignored, a complete moron.

When you consider the Shettlestons just signed a highly rated young winger for £300k then our bid for Jones is hardly derisory. However given that Morgan is in the championship and Jones in the SPFL then it’s probably a bit low, around 500k is probably a fair reflection of his talents, especially with 18 months left in his deal, the value only goes down from the next transfer window.

Actually - I might be wrong here - but was it not Boyd recently accusing Rangers of "lacking class"?

But it's ok for both him and his manager to go squealing and bitching in the media about private transfer negotiations?

Classy right enough. F*ck Boyd and Clarke and their shitey wee club.

Surely for a current registered player to make derogatory comments about another member club should bring a "disrepute" charge?

1. We didn't unsettle Jamie Walker. He didn't even join us!!
2. Walker went for £350,000 so...what is 'proper valuation' of Jordan Jones?
3. Is Jones paid like a £1m player? I bet he isn't.
4. Every club on earth tries to work with selling club on a 'bartering system' where they end up with a price that suits both
5. Fat c*** unsettled me in his second spell by being shit and overweight and not trying

The Jamie Walker analogy is hilarious.
Hearts wanted us to pay £1M, he went to a club that isn’t Rangers for £300.000, I thing Boyd has his story a bit arse from elbow were the bottom line is “ we don’t to really want to sell to you but if we do you will pay through the nose for the privilege”.
Every time we try and sign a Scottish player in this country we get the same boring nonsense while every other club trying to get a player at the lowest price possible receives no adverse publicity for it

Last edited:
As one of the other guys said put the money into the Docherty deal that,s the main one for me. Don,t see anything in this guy that,s worth anywhere near what this mob want for him. I would just walk away now we,ve made our bid deal with it!!

Boyds a clown.

Shady Journalist: Hey Kris we're looking to put something negative in the paper as Rangers have made a good couple of signings and did well in that friendly tournament. Could you rattle something up for us please?

Boyd: No problem at all. I'm a fcn stupid fat gobsh1te that'll do anything to get my name in the papers.

350K isnt that far off what hes worth so I actually dont see the fuss Boyd and the media are making, 500k is the most id be going.

Agree with this. £1M is madness for Jones. £500K absolute tops and that is being generous.

Boyd is either trying to intentionally stir sh*t up or he is a very ill informed man who needs to keep better company if that's the p*sh he's willing to believe.

Back