Kris Boyd saying pay the going rate for Jones.

If I'm the players agent I'd be on the phone asking for a wage that matches their valuation.

Also see this shit from Clarke, the player should be upset because of the low amount? Another dick that would rather fck his player over than see him sign for us.

They are letting all know he is for sale. Just trying to get others into the bidding.

Did we make noise about Windass bids and how the player was insulted - no I didn’t think so.

Who does this fat balloon think he is, has an opinion on everything Rangers do and never seems to be anyting good.

Arse licking to the mhedia has totally ruined this mans reputation...along with his second stint with us

The anti Rangers propaganda pouring out of the daily record on a seemingly daily basis now, is absolutely disgusting. Rangers have a good day in the transfer market and they manage to spin in it into a negative front and back pages about a lad we might be interested in who, let’s be honest, is worth no more than £250,000 in today’s market. Don’t know how much rangers have bid for him, but Jamie Walker from hearts just went to Wigan for £300k so Jones, who has only been mentioned for a couple of good performances recently for a team annually in the bottom six, is probably worth what rangers bid for him.
On this occasion, Clarke and Boyd are deluded

We should walk away now.

His club, and its manager in particular, is trying to mock us. What is next from them?

A Phil 3 names-esque Tweet saying, ‘aye Rangers are skint’.

We tried to do a deal with a club in Scotland and this is how it went. Unfortunately for young Jones he will need to go to England before he can sign for Rangers. Just like Richard Gough and Jason Cummings before him.

Also the fact that they took the transfer dealing into the public domain. Tell the player we are pulling out due to the actions of Boyd and Clarke and cause mayhem in their dressing room.

Cunts.

Boyd was a wage thief when he came back to Ibrox. If only we had paid him the going rate for an overweight, unfit footballer.
He certainly was A WAGE THIEF he should PAY US THE MONEY for pretending to be working when he did phuckall.

Boyd is wrong.

I would blame the greedy clubs for not being reasonable in negotiations and using the media to drive the price up.

Walker was desperate to come to Rangers. Don't know about Jones but I would imagine he's keen

There’s no such thing as a “going rate” to pay! Is he choosing his gas provider who have “going rates”?

You offer your valuation if the other club don’t agree then you either negotiate or walk away. That’s how it’s done, look at Man City and Sanchez! But Boyd is right on one thing, Jones will leave Kilmarnock, he’s wrong on the other, you won’t get the “going rate” as he puts it as his contract has 18 month left. 1 year by the next window, the fact his contract is running down reduces any price i.e Jamie Walker £300K! Hearts will be kicking themselves he’s done nothing and they had to sell at half of what we offered. Maybe put that in your rhag column Boyd!

Did you go to the martin bain school of signing negotiation kris?

We value player at 500k, oppoaition value him at 1 million so we should bid 1.2.

Yer a fkn twat kris

Boyd has simply realised that he wants a job in the media - and what credentials do you have to have to do that? Be a Rangers-hater. He will be calling us Sevco next.

One thing: as a current player, commenting on another team in a disparaging way, discussing the way that they do business, how is this anything other than bringing the game into disrepute?

sen4xOu.jpg

Boyd is really got a big mouth now.
He's always had a big mouth the fat bassa. He's a bitter fud who is trying to still be relevant.

He says what he thinks, but not to annoy us. He has a valuation, as do we. If it is so different, he won't be coming.

We were discussing Boyd the other day.

I believe that he is so thick that he doesn’t know how much of a tit the media are making out of him. The journalists need a back page so the pick up the phone to thicko and carefully word a question and just sit back and wait for the sound bite to come out.

Is 500k not the going rate we let McKay go for that and he was more experienced than Jones...Boyd is no Rangers man in my eyes listening to him he’s anti Rangers just like the rest of the Scottish press. Think it’s hurting him because we’re doing it without him on the way up.

Never thought I would ever but,I agree with Boyd here.If we can value Windass at 1-2 million
Why can't Killie value Jones at 1-million,is Windass so much better?i very much doubt it.

The difference is Rangers conduct ourselves with dignity. A bid came in we turned it down with no mention of the bid value and certainly no negative comments towards the other team.
Kilmarnock on the other hand apparently tell the world what we bid after we made an "undisclosed offer" and then their manager and "star man" publicly slate our offer, our motives and whether we actually value the players abilities.

As for the press. Always pisses me off but never surprises me the negative coverage we receive. Big bad Rangers again.

I doubt he said what was quoted but if he did he's no Rangers man.
I remember how pish he was in his 2nd stint here (shudder).

Boyd is a fat wanker. I'd tell Killie to ram the deal - they need the cash more than we need the player, IMO. I would tell them that we'll be refusing tickets for the next game at Rugby Park aswell.

That Record back page is a disgrace. Instead of focusing on Cummings they try to stick the boot into us AGAIN. Anybody buying this rag is no Rangers fan.

My response to this is the same as it is for every Boyd polemic:

1. He didn't write it
  2. He's a mercenary bastard who will put his name to any old shit for money

Don't make me post his Parklane mattress ad again.

These "current pros" who seem to spend more time talking about their old club than their current one, like Boyd and Darren O'Dea and the likes absolutely do my nut in. Steve Clarke has just won manager of the month, Boyd has just won player of the month, Kilmarnock are on the up and what's on the back pages? Boyd's latest comment on Rangers. It's beyond me how the fans of these clubs put up with it.

Boyd supplements his living by conveying faux outrage at Rangers latest actions. That's his thing. If our opening offer was £1m we'd have been hit with "Rangers throwing money about. Clearly haven't learned from previous financial mismanagement", if the first bid is below valuation it's "Rangers penny pinching again, trying to unsettle the player". Either way we can't win.

Jones isn't worth anywhere near £1m. And the Kilmarnock board know that. They will take something in between what we've offered and £1m. If he ends up with Norwich it'll be reported as £1m, so Boyd can get his crayon out and write a follow up article about how right he was.

Kris, really has no social awareness, Walker goes for £300k yet we should have paid £1m for him to keep Hearts happy, lets see where Jones ends up and for how much, also Kris please remind me how much Louis Moult went for?

I've long gave up on Boyd. Going the way of Barry Ferguson.

I remember him getting applause coming off as a sub when we played Kilmarnock at Ibrox a bit ago.... Was wondering why we would applaud someone earning a nice second wage to besmirch and throw mud at Rangers in the public eye.

He's also very wrong to comment on something like this in the public domain. I can't imagine Steve Clarke would be happy, unless he's specifically told Boyd to use his column for this. He should focus on his playing career & the charity (good on him btw, regardless of my thoughts on him) & less about other clubs while he is employed by one.

He's right on one point, that we're unsettling everybody.

We're unsettling players we bid for only if they'd prefer to play for us, otherwise they should be happy to get on with their job.

We're unsettling everyone else because they know we're on the way to slapping them all back down to their rightful places after them doing all they can to destroy us for the last five years.

As for Boyd, he's still a wage stealing pr*ck.

Kris, really has no social awareness, Walker goes for £300k yet we should have paid £1m for him to keep Hearts happy, lets see where Jones ends up and for how much, also Kris please remind me how much Louis Moult went for?
He's aware of how much he gets from his weekly column

I always try my best to be objective on our ex players in the Media,some of our fans slaughter them some praise them.
For me Boyd is starting to get on my wick.

It's called a negotiation - you bid they counter and eventually you find a price that suits both parties.

It's not new and it certainly isn't worth all the media attention it's getting.

But anything to try and sell more 'newspapers'

Agreed. Publicly walk away too so they can't use us to play up to a bidding war with any clubs down south. The player isn't even worth this carry on IMO and he's definitely not worth £1m to us now.

Walk away stating that we won't do transfer business with any club that runs to the press with what should be confidential information.

Every supporters club should cut ties with this guy and take away any appearances he'd have at any venues.

If he wants to drag us through the muck then he can stay there whilst we prosper.

Absolute throbber - if he thinks a player who's mustered 3 goals and 3 assists in over 20 games this season is worth anything close to 1 million he's mental.

He doesn't need to suck up our arse but god sake be constructive with criticism.

He’s a fat rent a mouth .

Hope Killie are going to give Jones 5x his wages as I would have my agent in this morning asking for this very thing.

Jordan Jones is quite simply not worth £1 million.

Ok our bid might have been a bit of a joke, but their valuation is just as much as one.
I totally agree.

He is another MOH who is quick, runs around a lot with not much else. I don`t rate him at any higher than what we already have.

Back