Football Manager 21

Bit the bullet and bought the game. Quite impressed by ME so far. Negotiating for players -both fees and contracts - is nowhere near as frustrating as it used to be.
Started a new game as I always do - bumped Rangers and the tims into English league 2 and released best 18 players from each team. Lowered wage and tfr budget. Currently inviting every CD I can find in for trials as I start with Leon King that's more or less it!
Here we go again..
Bit the bullet and bought the game. Quite impressed by ME so far. Negotiating for players -both fees and contracts - is nowhere near as frustrating as it used to be.
Started a new game as I always do - bumped Rangers and the tims into English league 2 and released best 18 players from each team. Lowered wage and tfr budget. Currently inviting every CD I can find in for trials as I start with Leon King that's more or less it!
Here we go again..
How did you move us and then to England ??

Switched rangers and Celtic to England when stating a new game after the beta. Celtic royally pumped finished with 13 points Lennon still in charge. Gerrard sacked just after Xmas while sitting 15th ended up finishing in 17th.
Any recommendations for a left back I sold Barisic and only have Bassey to play there
Nathan Patterson can play there, he became ma first choice left back

I'll try write up what I did later. Works been mad this week so no had time to revisit this thread!
I could actually take a copy of my dB edits and upload them somewhere or send them to you to load into your game? Might be easier.

just completed my first season
won the league on over 100 points, only 1 defeat
won league cup beating celtic
lost in the scottish cup final v celtic
knocked out last 32 in europa v Villareal

I’m getting pissed off with the board and the fans when it comes to signings.

Ive sold Alfie, Hagi, Borna, Goldson, Edmunson for sums over £20m. Anyone I’ve brought in has been under £4m and sold on for between £10-£20m and when I buy a young wonder kid to replace them I get shite for not getting experienced players.

If I was to listen to them, I would be buying shite worse than what I already have and would be no point.

I’ve got the England job as well so I might quit Rangers and hopefully win the euro’s and look for a job in England if I keep getting shite.

I’m getting pissed off with the board and the fans when it comes to signings.

Ive sold Alfie, Hagi, Borna, Goldson, Edmunson for sums over £20m. Anyone I’ve brought in has been under £4m and sold on for between £10-£20m and when I buy a young wonder kid to replace them I get shite for not getting experienced players.

If I was to listen to them, I would be buying shite worse than what I already have and would be no point.

I’ve got the England job as well so I might quit Rangers and hopefully win the euro’s and look for a job in England if I keep getting shite.
You not familiar with FF then? :D

You not familiar with FF then? :D

lmao I knew the first comment would be a good one.

Apart from Aberdeen handing Celtic the title on the last day in the first season, I’ve won all domestic trophies. I’ve made the ko stages in Europe every season and I’ve got £100m to spend and I’m awaiting the board to upgrade the youth system too the top level like the training centre.

You think the game would have a system where your judgement would affect the fan and boards thinking when your so successful on the pitch and in transfer and development.

Reactions: FSM
Using FM Touch, I started a save with Scotland, Denmark and Norway as the playable leagues. Started the season in August 2020 with Bodo/Glimt in Norway. 11th in the table, went on a winning run getting to the last 32 of the Europa and winning the league in goal difference. New owners came in before start of league season and weren’t sure about me?!
Applied for vacant Brondby job and took over March 2021. Finished 2nd having started in 5th but with no realistic title hopes. Then won four league titles on the trot. European performances not great.
Resigned after fourth title win and took on vacant Rosenberg job. Finished 2nd from 5th in half a season, 4 points off top. Won league and cup in next two seasons.
Applied for vacant Hearts job, sitting 9th, took them to 4th and won Scottish cup v Hibs. Next season we started poorly, reached europa group stage and then last 16 of euro cup II. Losing finalist in both cups, finished 3rd ten points clear of Patrick Thistle (lol). Rangers manager left having won the double, couldn’t not apply, so here I am in July 2029 the newly appointed manager of The Famous.
Tactics have varied between 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2.

I would recommend Raul Moro, signed him on a development fee only, 17yrs old and he’s already on 10 goals and i’m only at Nov!!
First season save

Horrendous setup with 1st Jan Brexit rules.

All my bosmans up in smoke deals done for young croats bosnians done in as well.

Also really really weird that Man City / Utd and Barcelona interested in Rangers players but not had a single bid.

Horrendous setup with 1st Jan Brexit rules.

All my bosmans up in smoke deals done for young croats bosnians done in as well.

Also really really weird that Man City / Utd and Barcelona interested in Rangers players but not had a single bid.

Man City have just signed Ross McCrorie off me for £22m plus 25% sell on. I knew it was a good idea not to sell him to the sheep for 350k.

Wasnt aware I could cancel it !

I got an option to confirm the deal and hit no.

Felt the fee was far too low and that even though I wasn’t using him a few good loans and he would sell. Didn’t expect City to offer what they did but brexit force the AI I’m guessing.

5-1 up in a Europa group game.

82 minutes - 5-2
88 minutes - 5-3
89 minutes - 5-4
90+2 minutes - 5-5

Nonsense result.

You’ve been FM’d a belter there.

But in all seriousness, you have to change the instructions in game while defending a lead against half decent sides or this can happen. Put time wasting to maximum and go to a balanced approach or something

You’ve been FM’d a belter there.

But in all seriousness, you have to change the instructions in game while defending a lead against half decent sides or this can happen. Put time wasting to maximum and go to a balanced approach or something

They weren't a half decent side. It was Ludogrets.

4 goals in 10 minutes to go from 5-1 to 5-5.

Thats a bullshit result.

Buy gavi from barca he is 16 and goes for 300k a tremendous replacement for Davis and you will make at least 30million off him after 3 or 4 seasons

I had to start again, brexit ruined my game and i thought im sick of this ruining my fm saves all the time so used the editor and removed it from my game, sucks the life right out the game when you cant sign any one.

Moved myself into the Premier league. Got some team now. Patson Daka has been a monster for me so far, some goals he scores. Papetti, ahmedhodzic at the back. Tonali and Mady Camara in midfield. Great players

I ticked the option for no transfers in the first window and then tried to loan a bunch of players when it closed. They've been in pending work permit status for months. Is that normal or a bug?

Which country/league can you send the most players on loan too?

I usually get an SPFL one but it's limited to 5 or so. Is it unlimited for most other European leagues?

Anyone looking for a good centre half - mario gila from real Madrid. Signed him on a bosman and paid 450 k for him in January. Better than helander.

Got the Xbox version, enjoying it tbf, in my second season.
Won the league in the first season, then got stupid bids for Barisic - £30m to Arsenal, and Aribo - £ 35 m to Man City.
Frustrating that you cant add extra scouts, but the ones I do have, they've found some wonderful regens in South America.
Signed a left back from Kiev and a young lad called Artsev, got PSV in last CL Qualifier
Like the pace, it's not too slow.

Has anyone been able to persuade Barisic to stay beyond season 1 or extend his contract?
Yeah I managed to get him to sign a new deal in the January of the first season, then I sold him in the summer because I needed cash and had a left back with the same rating and higher potential

Not played it alot but on my 2nd season with Rangers.

Didn't sign anyone in the summer as I like to keep the squad we have to see how they go. In January I loaned in Curtis Jones from Liverpool as Hagi got a 2 month injury.

SPL - Won with 8 points in front
League Cup - Winner
Scottish Cup - Lost in Semi Final to Hearts
Europa - Lost in Quarter final to Arsenal

After 1st season there is so much interest in players. I didn't want to lose any of them but I only had £5 million to spend. Ended up selling Goldson for £30 million to West Ham & Morelos to Newcastle for £33 million. Can't be knocking that money back, No add ons btw all up front.

Before I sold they 2 I asked the board to increase the transfer revenue % so I managed to get them to increase it to 80% to re invest in the squad.

Signed -

Olsen from Bolgona - £5 million
Doige from Hibs (Young LB) - £1.5 million
Shankland for Back up from Dundee Utd - £2 million plus add ons
Ferro From Benfica - £8 million plus add ons
Gyrano Kerk from Utrecht £5 million plus addons
Zungu - £2 million

Also got Barker, Stewart and Defoe off the wage bill.

Managed to keep Barasic, Helander, Tav, Hagi & Kent as I recieved offers every day in the window.

Finished first season. Won the treble, undefeated domestically, only dropped 4 points in the league. Got knocked out of the EL qualifiers at final qualifier. Wolfsburg away lost AET.

Squad as it is will absolutely smash the domestic game. Decided on a rebuild

Sold

Goldson - £25m
Tav - £22m
Morelos - £22m
Kent - £30m
Roofe - £23m
Edmundson - £15m

In

majer
Mahele (Danish RB)
Sanchez (Mexican full back)
Zungu
Smith -Rowe (loan)
Lundstram
Carter Vickers
Frabotta (loan)
Silva (loan)
Benkovic
Collado (loan)

Kelly, Paterson and Robbie McCrorie more than good enough for domestic games.
Qualified for the CL, beat Zagreb on away goals.

£112m in the bank, just need to persuade Dougie Park to loosen the purse strings!

also cleared out the scouts and replaced them. Bergkamp is a quality attack coach.

Finished first season. Won the treble, undefeated domestically, only dropped 4 points in the league. Got knocked out of the EL qualifiers at final qualifier. Wolfsburg away lost AET.

Squad as it is will absolutely smash the domestic game. Decided on a rebuild

Sold

Goldson - £25m
Tav - £22m
Morelos - £22m
Kent - £30m
Roofe - £23m
Edmundson - £15m

In

majer
Mahele (Danish RB)
Sanchez (Mexican full back)
Zungu
Smith -Rowe (loan)
Lundstram
Carter Vickers
Frabotta (loan)
Silva (loan)
Benkovic
Collado (loan)

Kelly, Paterson and Robbie McCrorie more than good enough for domestic games.
Qualified for the CL, beat Zagreb on away goals.

£112m in the bank, just need to persuade Dougie Park to loosen the purse strings!

also cleared out the scouts and replaced them. Bergkamp is a quality attack coach.

Benkovic as in the CB that played for them

Some absolute finds especially if you load all the leagues so a heavy data proces..

Jessim Pellisard
Moises Caiedo
Luis segovia
Lucas Gomes
Wisdom Ubani
Jean n'guessan

I have just started my first game of FM in years, and have ofcourse gone Rangers.

I’m wanting to see what everyone else has done on FM21 with Rangers:

* who did you buy?
* who did you sell?
* what tactics have you gone with?
* what is your starting 11?

Cheers, Dougie

Done a season.

4-2-3-1 Vertical tiki taka.

Managed to keep a hold of everybody apart from Barisic despite offers coming in left, right and centre for Tav, Goldson and Morelos.

Bought some cheap left back from France called Racine Coly on the advice of the scouts and he was solid when called upon but Bassey really stepped up to the plate for me and had a cracking season.

Had to get shot of Greegs as well as he took a major huff about Barisic going but again McLaughlin was solid and ended up with the most clean sheets in the league.

Won 55 and the Scottish Cup so not bad.

Bought it yesterday as I have a week off coming soon.
I’ve gone with Dortmund.

I take my Rangers games too personal. Lol

I havent had the time to buy the full version so went for mobile for time being. Its not great but passing the time.

If construction gets closed ill be downloading the full version straight away lol.

Used to play FM religiously when younger, bought last years after a few years away, too much info now and lost interest. Might try again

Used to play FM religiously when younger, bought last years after a few years away, too much info now and lost interest. Might try again
I bought it last week, lasted about three hours and it just felt like a chore playing it. Haven't went back to it since.

I get they are trying to make it more realistic but it's just too much. Not enjoyable for me at all.

Back