Football Manager 21

I bought it yesterday for the 1st time in 5 or 6 years. Just getting used to the new bits but impressed so far. Goes without saying I have went for The Queens 11

Does anyone know what code number the jpeg is for Ibrox? I've got the stadium background pack but want to change the picture to one I have saved and I can't be arsed looking through thousands of pictures

I’m now in June 2024 (with Rangers) so far:

20/21 - Treble
21/22 - Treble
22/23 - Treble
23/24 - League & LC, + QF of the CL

Not many of the current squad remaining except;

Jay Hogarth
Leon King
Aribo (probs leaving this summer)
Kai Kennedy
Tony Weston (keep at all costs he’s unreal)
Cedric Itten

Some guys I would recommend for Rangers;

John Kitolano (LB)
Finlay Robertson (CM)
Galeno (AML/AMR)
Adjin Hasic (AMR)
Andrea Petagna (ST)

I’m now in June 2024 (with Rangers) so far:

20/21 - Treble
21/22 - Treble
22/23 - Treble
23/24 - League & LC, + QF of the CL

Not many of the current squad remaining except;

Jay Hogarth
Leon King
Aribo (probs leaving this summer)
Kai Kennedy
Tony Weston (keep at all costs he’s unreal)
Cedric Itten

Some guys I would recommend for Rangers;

John Kitolano (LB)
Finlay Robertson (CM)
Galeno (AML/AMR)
Adjin Hasic (AMR)
Andrea Petagna (ST)

Weston’s determination stat of 20 stands out. Any screenshots of how he develops?

I tried to get Petagna but couldn’t get the fee at the time, he signed for the Mhanks.

I have King out on loan at St Mirren in season 2, he looks promising. Hogarth 3rd choice keeper.

Weston’s determination stat of 20 stands out. Any screenshots of how he develops?

I tried to get Petagna but couldn’t get the fee at the time, he signed for the Mhanks.

I have King out on loan at St Mirren in season 2, he looks promising. Hogarth 3rd choice keeper.
Yeah mate I will post screenshots of King, Weston & Hogarth.

Some lesser ones I still have around the place are Adam Devine, Kyle Semple, Robbie Fraser, Alex Lowry. All decent players who can be sold for fees + clauses.

Robbie Ure is another he’s just had a cracking season on loan at Hibs. Classic Poacher.

Yeah mate I will post screenshots of King, Weston & Hogarth.

Some lesser ones I still have around the place are Adam Devine, Kyle Semple, Robbie Fraser, Alex Lowry. All decent players who can be sold for fees + clauses.

Robbie Ure is another he’s just had a cracking season on loan at Hibs. Classic Poacher.
Robbie Ure is class in the game. With the 12 subs in Europa League games I always had him on and never used him until the last 16 in the first season when I was chasing an equaliser and had no other strikers to bring on. Scored twice and I had him on the bench ahead of Defoe for the rest of the season and he finished the season with 7 goals in 11 games, all from the bench. Loaned him out second season because I signed a couple of strikers.
Got bored of the Rangers game though so have started a new one managing Blackpool. Predicted to finish 10th but sitting second just now. Signed Barker on loan and brought Jason Cummings from Shrewsbury and both have been class for me

Best signing I've made was scouted Kaio Jorge, from Santos

Couldn't get a work permit from any European players found this guy for a few million and banged in 45+ goals in the 2nd season and its not finished yet

Best signing I've made was scouted Kaio Jorge, from Santos

Couldn't get a work permit from any European players found this guy for a few million and banged in 45+ goals in the 2nd season and its not finished yet
He's another I've got, cost me £9m and got injured in the last 6 months of 23/24 there but he's class.

Galeno from Braga is on another level though, £18m from Braga and he scored 21 goals & 12 assists from 33 starts (from AML)

Anyone else ever had a phantom winter break? Noticed it in season 2025/26. Got to Dec 27 and noticed that I had a winter break coming up even though I had fixtures still to play. My training had been automatically set to rest for a fortnight.

5 seasons in with Dortmund. 3 Titles and a champions league. Haaland finally left for £200m. He's a beast, but I've got 2 regen wonderkids breaking in.

The money players go for is unreal. I've saved a fortune stalking 15/16/17 year olds and snapping them up.

Done 2 lower leagues saves and in both of them I've loaned James Graham and he's been lethal in both of them (Scottish Championship for Queens Park and England's League one with Hartlepool )
after both loans hes went back to Rangers, took the no 9 jersey, promoted to first team and been capped)

Done 2 lower leagues saves and in both of them I've loaned James Graham and he's been lethal in both of them (Scottish Championship for Queens Park and England's League one with Hartlepool )
after both loans hes went back to Rangers, took the no 9 jersey, promoted to first team and been capped)
He turns out good but Robbie Ure & Tony Weston turn out even better.

Had exactly the same record as Rangers with my Rangers( if you know what I mean)this morning , 28 games 4 draws. Won the league after 32 games it’s a sign you know :)) :))

I started my first ever lower league save today with Queen's Park, usually always go us but I want more of a challenge this year. Not really sure what to expect, all I've discovered so far is trying to find decent players that don't want all of my wage budget is near impossible!

I started my first ever lower league save today with Queen's Park, usually always go us but I want more of a challenge this year. Not really sure what to expect, all I've discovered so far is trying to find decent players that don't want all of my wage budget is near impossible!
You said you wanted a challenge mate lol

I only ever play my first game as Rangers. After that its always conference North/South teams that i play to the prem.

I cant get into Rangers saves. Its a piece of piss especially when you have had 3/4 windows. Its pretty much on autoplay after that. I would need to load my save up and look but im pretty sure in 2 seasons at Rangers i had brought in 100m in transfer fees.

The problem your having i enjoy. You can snap up most players as Rangers especially if there free or transfer listed. But as the lower teams you need to try use your budget for a good spine then fill in some gaps with loans and a few younger players that you can improve and sell. Your upgrading your stadium and training etc. Just building what is a local club into a giant and it takes quite a while to get there. Its just far more entertaining and challenging for me.

I have to turn off Scottish leagues as managable. Because whenever i see Rangers have went to shit in it, I always go off track and start trying to get the job to stop they mhanks running riot lol. Dont give 2 shits if its a game, I just hate to see them win.

Edit.

Season 1 = 470k transfer money
Season 2 = Morelos 33m, Roofe 28m, Kent 30m, Hagi 40m and i even sold Edmundson for 9m(Thank you Crystal Palace). If you include the smaller sales and loan fee's, in total i raked in 133M.

I have spent 40m in 3 seasons.

At the end of 3rd season i am sitting with 84m in the bank and no need to spend anything as the players you get on bosmans are more than capable. I havent played that save since.

Last edited:
I'm going for the "dafuge challenge". Sim through a whole year, then take over one of the newly promoted teams in level 6 of England. Kingstonian FC it is for me, challenge is to eventually win the EPL and Champions League.

Cant play as Rangers, too apt to turn off the game in a huff when I get FM-ed by a super-keeper.

You said you wanted a challenge mate lol

I only ever play my first game as Rangers. After that its always conference North/South teams that i play to the prem.

I cant get into Rangers saves. Its a piece of piss especially when you have had 3/4 windows. Its pretty much on autoplay after that. I would need to load my save up and look but im pretty sure in 2 seasons at Rangers i had brought in 100m in transfer fees.

The problem your having i enjoy. You can snap up most players as Rangers especially if there free or transfer listed. But as the lower teams you need to try use your budget for a good spine then fill in some gaps with loans and a few younger players that you can improve and sell. Your upgrading your stadium and training etc. Just building what is a local club into a giant and it takes quite a while to get there. Its just far more entertaining and challenging for me.

I have to turn off Scottish leagues as managable. Because whenever i see Rangers have went to shit in it, I always go off track and start trying to get the job to stop they mhanks running riot lol. Dont give 2 shits if its a game, I just hate to see them win.

Edit.

Season 1 = 470k transfer money
Season 2 = Morelos 33m, Roofe 28m, Kent 30m, Hagi 40m and i even sold Edmundson for 9m(Thank you Crystal Palace). If you include the smaller sales and loan fee's, in total i raked in 133M.

I have spent 40m in 3 seasons.

At the end of 3rd season i am sitting with 84m in the bank and no need to spend anything as the players you get on bosmans are more than capable. I havent played that save since.

Yeah mate that's true lol, I have actually found myself enjoying trying to find some hidden gems in the lower leagues today, just used to having good scouts and a DoF doing all the work for me. I completely agree with you about the Rangers saves, always found that as soon as I got the champions league group stage money that it was way too easy to run away with the league every year so I always ended up getting bored about 4 seasons in. Hopefully this one keeps me occupied for much longer.

search Wales and Ireland for cheap players, It'll also get a bit easier when you aren't burdened with Hampdump after the first season

You probably know this “trick” already but if you offer free agents a trial instead of scouting them, you can get your coaches report instead immediately. Can just cancel the trials right away once you see their reports.

You probably know this “trick” already but if you offer free agents a trial instead of scouting them, you can get your coaches report instead immediately. Can just cancel the trials right away once you see their reports.

Yeah mate was doing exactly that earlier lol, kept getting guys who's last club were non-league asking me for 2k p/w when my remaining wage budget for the season is exactly that, the audacity. :))

I got James Graham on loan for stranraer in my 1st season and bagged 29 goals.

I'm in my 3rd season having moved on to the dundee job and have Graham on loan again , this time hes sat on 30 goals in 30 games including 5 in one match.

In true football manager style I currently have Carlos Tevez playing out his last days in the Scottish 1st division.

Started a new save with Atalanta, going to see if I can take them to the top of Serie A & do damage in Europe.

Such an interesting squad.

Won my first 10 league games and qualified for the EL group stage after besting Grenada in the play off, also been Dynamo Moscow away with Alfie getting 5 goals.

I then somehow lost the first OF game 5-0, the players refunded the fans that attended in person

Started a new season with Larne won the league, got to 3rd qualifying round of CL not sure if I drop into Europa yet as haven’t played for a few days. But won it with free signings such as Jamie Mackie, Ross Wallace short term but get you over the line

Only made 3 signings in the first season and still find myself in the semis of the Europa League, just beat Arsenal 2-1 away in the first leg so just need to avoid defeat. League has already been wrapped up

Victor Fischer £2.4m
Joe willock- Loan
Cutis Jones - Loan

Update - won the EL against BMG in the final. Hagi (who is unbelievable) scored then Afield came on in the last minute and got the second. Also just won the super cup against Lazio.

Just sold Morelos for £37m and Helander for £20m so some major transfers will be incoming.

Rangers are unbelievable in this game, it’s like playing easy mode

Last edited:
Only made 3 signings in the first season and still find my self in the semis of the Europa League, just beat Arsenal 2-1 away in the first leg so just need to avoid defeat. League has already been wrapped up

Victor Fischer £2.4m
Joe willock- Loan
Cutis Jones - Loan
Curtis Jones is a beast.

Adam Lewis (Liverpool) turns into a cracking LB once you’ve sold on Barisic.

Started a new season with Larne won the league, got to 3rd qualifying round of CL not sure if I drop into Europa yet as haven’t played for a few days. But won it with free signings such as Jamie Mackie, Ross Wallace short term but get you over the line

I started a save with Linfield and got them into Europa after a couple of seasons. It was solid though. Ended up pumped most games, albeit got a decent win against Sporting Lisbon away.

Fired this up again and started off unemployed as a Sunday League player. I downloaded a patch that gives you additional leagues and my career has been random, to say the least:

4Psc3so.png

Can't sign players in North Korea! :D

does anyone actually take charge of training or like me just let the Assistant sort it out?
Always let the assistant do it. I decide tactics, signings, contracts and all that but leave a lot of the grunt work to the cpu. Would never get through more than a season otherwise.

Always let the assistant do it. I decide tactics, signings, contracts and all that but leave a lot of the grunt work to the cpu. Would never get through more than a season otherwise.

thats my thinking, takes long enough as it is doing all the bloody press conferences nevermind sorting training

does anyone actually take charge of training or like me just let the Assistant sort it out?
I usually let him take charge of sorting it and making changes if I feel the need (extra rest/recovery sessions if we’re in a busy spell). I take charge of individual training though to make sure players develop the way I want.

Let them take general training but definitely have control over individual training so you get the best out of their potential.

Started a game with Scotland and it’s hard going.

no keepers coming through, I’m sure that happened in an older version as well.

team meetings are still pointless.

Top of the league in my first season in Norway with Valerenga. They were expected to finish mid table so massively over achieving. The board though don't see it that way, they are disappointed with results on the pitch ffs.

Top of the league in my first season in Norway with Valerenga. They were expected to finish mid table so massively over achieving. The board though don't see it that way, they are disappointed with results on the pitch ffs.
I had a similar problem at QPR. The board had a very short term view, only the last few games mattered, even when they included champions league fixtures. I couldn't wait to leave them

Currently in an Online save with 3 other boys off Andy Halliday’s Discord server.

We all chose smaller teams to make it more difficult. St Johnstone, Motherwell, Livingston & Dundee Utd are taken. Teams still available are Hamilton, Ross County, Killie, St Mirren.

Anyone interested in that sort of thing?

Just started another save as Dynamo Dresden in 3 Liga. Should be a good challenge. Going to try and keep to German players as much as possible and get them into the Bundesliga.

First game in the *** Pokal - drawn against Bayern Munich.

I always go Dynamo Dresden for some reason, probably to do with ancient Panini sticker albums :) Still got a save going from FM20, signing a few SPL players to varying degrees of success (I'm looking at you, Andy Halliday..)

Currently in an Online save with 3 other boys off Andy Halliday’s Discord server.

We all chose smaller teams to make it more difficult. St Johnstone, Motherwell, Livingston & Dundee Utd are taken. Teams still available are Hamilton, Ross County, Killie, St Mirren.

Anyone interested in that sort of thing?
Don’t have it yet. But after years of loner gaming that’s a good idea. How’s it work, just crack on your own pace or do you need to wait for others to play their matches before you go on?

Back