Famous Rangers fans.

giphy.gif
Who the feck is Angus Young ?

Lulu certainly wasn't. She was in the same programme as Tennant a while later and when they spoke of her granny and her Orange roots she was far from ashamed. My first time at Ibrox in 1972 she was sitting a couple of rows behind me in the Main Stand (she was appearing at the Edmiston Club at the time). She takes a bit of stick for changing her accent and stuff but she's definitely not one to be ashamed of her background.
Tennant is a piece of shit. I remember he did that WDYTYA series, and he was all apologetic for having a family member in the OO. %^*& him.

John Lydon (Johnny Rotten). Went to see Public Image Ltd at the Academy and he said he was a bluenose. Said everyone thought he was Celtic Minded because of his Irish roots, but deffo a bluenose (and Arsenal). Cue much cheering from our bunch and booing from the great unwashed.

I grew up in Dennistoun knew her sister quite well and my brother was friends with her brother, my oldest brother was in Lulu class at school, and her mum was friends with my mother,
Only met Lulu once, was about 14 and on my wat to see the Rangers when I met her and my mum, her mum says' you have never met Maria have you?'
Isaid no and asked her what she worked as lol
My old man also grew up in Dennistoun and went to school with her, possibly said he was in the same class but I’d need to check.

Left for Erskine at about the age of 18 and ended up in Renfrew after he met my Mum.

Cool story.

Midge Ure
Colin Montgomerie
Alastair Forsyth
That guy from Glow/Glee
Robert Carlyle
Frank Lampard
Angus Young
Marc Warren
Lulu
Jeff Winter
Kenny Logan
Andy Fordham
Marti Pellow
Chris Evans
Alan McGhee
Jonathan Watson
Kirsty Young
Clive Anderson
Robbie Fowler
Van Morrison, Jack Bruce, Clive Anderson Kenneth Branagh.

John Lydon (Johnny Rotten). Went to see Public Image Ltd at the Academy and he said he was a bluenose. Said everyone thought he was Celtic Minded because of his Irish roots, but deffo a bluenose (and Arsenal). Cue much cheering from our bunch and booing from the great unwashed.
I’m not actually surprised about this, I read his book where a good chunk of it spent criticising the Catholic Church & all the disgusting on goings.

Which would indicate he’s maybe not an Uber tim.

Last edited:
No doubt a few will pop their heads out the woodwork when we start a trophy run, the few that have been around in the lean times will be the ones i shall relate to,not the new inverted comma's ones.

There’s a photo of Robbie Williams kicking about with a Rangers top on. Another weird one as well is Patrick Dempsey.

I prefer to keep my memories

I remember reading one of Lydon's books about when John McGeogh and another member of PIL at the time having a heated debate about us and them. Basically Mcgeogh going on about being Blue and the other guy being green. Lydon made it pretty clear he was neutral. He certainly does despise the Catholic Church tho.

Hardly famous however I remember when I was at school 35yr ago, our English teacher told us a tale of how he was back packing and journeying through Europe when he was younger, he said he boarded a train in Hungary and the train conductor came to check his ticket, when the conductor realised my teacher was British he said in broken English, "Glasgow Rangers, the best". He attempted further conversation with said conductor but quickly realised those 4 words was the only English the man could speak.

cheers mate, so just drink, drugs and groupies for Bon but no football, and the other way round for Angus and Malcolm, bears are just born wiser I guess:p

I could tell you a tale or two about Angus and Malcolm's naughtier side:cool: but, yeah, Malcolm in particular was football mad. They still have loads of family in and around Glasgow and all the ones I have met over the years have been brought up on the right side of the divide.

I remember reading one of Lydon's books about when John McGeogh and another member of PIL at the time having a heated debate about us and them. Basically Mcgeogh going on about being Blue and the other guy being green. Lydon made it pretty clear he was neutral. He certainly does despise the Catholic Church tho.
The other guy was Mike Joyce who drummed for The Smiths.

What a guitarist McGeogh was. Greenock boy.

Back