MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Worth remembering the great Liverpool sides of the 80s who were quite happy to draw against their nearest rivals in the league. The key thing was not to lose, and maintain their lead at the top. But a win today would be off the scale.
Difference though mate, Liverpool could expect their nearest challengers to drop points v quality teams in that league. Only we've beaten the dhims despite their 'crisis'.

Quietly confident we won’t %^*& this up.

asit stands 17 games left and I thjnk 14 wins gets us the title

Make it 13 after today

I’m not sure where this free shot stuff comes from?

It’s an OF. Win and we have one hand on it. Lose, we’re in a real battle, with the sheep to come straight after this.

There are no free hits.
You’ve not replied here and there’s too much to go through so I’ll just summarise.
Anybody thinking that losing today has a good side, is acceptable, is okay, is absolutely fecking wrong.
No debate.

3-0 Rangers Morelos x2 & Roofe.
Would like that too EB but think Alfie will be a worker ant today.

wouldn't we all absolutely love a Joe Braga gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaal today?
can you imagine all the air being sucked out of more than half of Glasgow (and around the world) as he twinkle toes past them..... we've got thoughts only, some guttural sounds, unable to annunciate "can he?, will he?, surely not!, Omg, he's dancing, screeeeeaming.... Screeeeeeeaming"

EDIT: (in an Al Pacino voice) "We're on the floor, They're on the floor, Everybody's on the floor! Too much caffeine for me I think :oops:

Last edited:
Im a nervous wreck.
Obviously want to win but regardless of result we will be able to watch the next game.
There are 66 souls who were never able to watch our beloved Rangers after 2nd January 1971.
Whatever happens today lets keep things in perspective and lets be civil about things. A modicum of decorum isnt a lot to ask.
Here's to a good game but more importantly, here's to the memory of the 66.

Today is a massive day in the quest for 55. Play like we have in the previous 3 games against them and we win the game. Simply we are better than them.

Feel a wee bit nervous, first time in a long time. Not a bad thing either because when I’m uber confident we quite often get beat.

we need to destroy them to day .If they get a draw or a win.then it gives them hope that they can win the league. I honestly don,t think we will
l have an easy game like the last time we played them.

I don’t care how well or badly we play, we just need to put them to the sword. I’ll go for 1-0, late strike from Hagi.

Battle fever on let’s go!
tenor.gif

Don’t think there’s an over confidence as such but I believe we should be capable of winning the game.

If we play as we can, we win.

Disagree mate.

We started the game away to them with Arfield/Davis/Kamara with Jack on the bench. I don't think for a second Gerrard starts a home game against them with a more negative midfield.
We made that mistake the first Old Firm game last season against them. Gerrard set up to stifle them rather than play to our own strengths, which are better than theirs.

Thankfully the gaffer learned and hasn’t made the same mistake again since

We made that mistake the first Old Firm game last season against them. Gerrard set up to stifle them rather than play to our own strengths, which are better than theirs.

Thankfully the gaffer learned and hasn’t made the same mistake again since
Well he didn't really. He started Defoe instead of Morelos and played Aribo in an alien role.

He was naive and thought he could play the same way we did when we beat them 2-0 when Arfield scored. They didn't need stifling that day, Lennon set up to spoil the game and executed it perfectly.

Prepare for similar today, I refuse to believe some people saying this is the last throw of the dice for them and they'll come for us. I don't see it.

I think they'd take a draw right now and hope to sneak a win.

Kemar Roofe is absolutely vital today for us.

I've been confident for weeks but feeling the nerves now. Let's go Rangers, get right into these filthy bas.tards. Biggest chance we've had in the past 10 years to absolute pump them.

Back