MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
7hrs sleep on an old firm night I’ll take that, lashings of coffee into my oversized Gers mug, not confident one bit, they are in a better place than they were a month ago and we seem to have came off the gas a bit, would take a 1-0 all day long.

A team with nothing to lose is always a dangerous opposition.

It's an old firm game and anything can happen. We've seen far bigger upsets in the fixture than if they were to come to Ibrox today and get a result.

We should be looking at this game as a free hit to essentially win the league. If we win and go 19 points clear then they'll collapse IMO. If we lose and they win their 3 games in hand then we're still 4 points clear.

My worry is though, 4 points, then immediately away to the sheep.

It becomes a potential momentum shift.

Anyway, let’s stay positive and hope we come out all guns blazing.

Morelos can win this for us. His latest goal will be the confidence booster to ignite his shooting boots. Kent to regain the form we know he has against opponents he shines against.

The stars are aligned and Rangers will rise to the occasion.

Dont know if ide say im feeling nervous with this one, more a case of feeling totally switched on and focused. If the team are up for it half as much as myself then im confident of us going straight at them, measured but ruthless.

I have a feeling Alfie is going to get that monkey off his back today.

I also think if he scores one then he'll score at least one more.

Please Rangers go out there today and give them absolute hell. Watching the recent old firms on sky sports yesterday what I’ve noticed is that wee fanny Lennon and the thumb if he’s on the bench go absolutely mental when the beggars score right in the bears faces etc... while we are a class above them we need to remember shite like this and all Browns antics over the years. Go out there with absolutely no respect for them what so ever. Treat them like the shite that they are and hammer them. They are long over due it. We know you can do it Rangers!!!!!!!!!

I think we’ll miss Arfield today. Been watching the last few season games against the tims, he’s been massive for us. That said we have enough depth in the squad so confident of a victory. 2-0 !!

Any win please Rangers but a total gubbing would be lovely 5 or 6

Forget Gerrards slip, the reason we lost league was that Liverpool went out to smash Chelsea as were on a roll, Gerrard has since said in hindsight they better most logical plan was play game not to lose dobt be so gung ho. We would have won the league not losing. So i think he will look to counter rather than all out attack, main thing is dont lose. Come on Rangers though, 55 comes this year, but a draw is not the end of world and would be more tactical than we were crap, keep the faith

No RTV or Sky.

Looking from the window this morning I see the hills beckoning, so I reckon I’ll pull me boots on and go. Like you guys I want this so badly, but the thought of keeping up with a thread or the wee Bet365 green park is too much to bear!

Here’s what I want you all to do, when we win it send your roars towards the north. I’ll hear you!

Come on Rangers!

:cool:

Please Rangers go out there today and give them absolute hell. Watching the recent old firms on sky sports yesterday what I’ve noticed is that wee fanny Lennon and the thumb if he’s on the bench go absolutely mental when the beggars score right in the bears faces etc... while we are a class above them we need to remember shite like this and all Browns antics over the years. Go out there with absolutely no respect for them what so ever. Treat them like the shite that they are and hammer them. They are long over due it. We know you can do it Rangers!!!!!!!!!
Next you'll be saying Lennon must go like me, not the popular view on here.

I'm just wondering what result best suits the must stay crew. Maybe they can clue me in.

Just win Rangers and get him punted immediately.

It's not quite a free go today, but we can afford a draw, wouldn't want a defeat that's for sure.
But without a doubt in these games the players are on record saying they feel sick before kick off, and it'll be the celtic players that are feeling it a lot more, their stomachs must be doing summersaults right now.
No going to the boardroom for a swift half for them, they'd never keep it down.
Anyway if we play to our European form we'll get a win, can we stop them scoring....if they've got two upfront they'll score, so 3-1 the Gers today.

We love you Rangers , we do , we love you Rangers , we do , we love you Rangers , we do , aawwwww Rangers we love you . Come on !!!!

Celtic need a win. This suits us down to the ground. They will come out and attack which will leave their shaky defence even more exposed, allowing us to punish them. We can treat this almost like a European game today and hit them on the counter. I'm expecting big things from Roofe today with the extra space he'll likely have. Not that he needs it!

Another comfortable 2-0 for me.

Next you'll be saying Lennon must go like me, not the popular view on here.

I'm just wondering what result best suits the must stay crew. Maybe they can clue me in.

Just win Rangers and get him punted immediately.
Best result is Rangers hammering them today. %^*& Lennon and %^*& what happens to him. All about the world famous Glasgow Rangers.

Very simple team talk. Win it and it’s all about what you do from here in in. Forget the noise. It’s all about us.
We welcome the chase but today, we can make that chase seem a helluva long way away

Into them. Don’t give them an inch of space. Get an early goal and they will fold. But I’ll take any win in an old firm

Racing Post today tips them to win. The narrative being we are looking a "little tired and jaded" and they have "hammered" Ross County, Accies and Dundee utd in their last three games.

I’m not sure where this free shot stuff comes from?

It’s an OF. Win and we have one hand on it. Lose, we’re in a real battle, with the sheep to come straight after this.

There are no free hits.

Today is a free shot for us mate.

Win today and we (very likely) win the league.

If we draw then we're in a great position going into the second half of the season (at least 7 points clear).

If we lose then even if Celtic win their 3 games in hand we're 4 points ahead of them.

If they win today, I agree there's a bit of a momentum swing but even with the momentum swing, we're still two bad results ahead of them.

They are the one's doing the chasing. Even with a win today, and winning all their games in hand, we are comfortably ahead of them.

I think the nerves for me stem from them having so much to lose. Lose and they’ll know it’s all but done.

Can they muster a ridiculous performance based on do or die stuff?

I think that’s the only way they beat us, tbh.
Same as you.

As I said in another thread just there, it’s the first time we’ve went into a game with them under Gerrard at this point in the season where a loss really isn’t critical for us, while it is for them.

I’m nervous to see how we ‘cope’ with that.

The amount of booze I drank yesterday should have rendered me a wriggling wreck in my bed. But woke up at 6 am wide awake and stomach in knots. No hint of a hangover and battle fever well and truly on.

3-0 Rangers please, but any win will do

These bastards know their run of dominance is over, they had an unbelievable chance to take their club to new heights in Europe whilst being the champions of a one horse race season after season and they’ve let it all slip away. We’ve now come back stronger after our pain and humiliation to take our rightful place and secure our 55th title. They must be f&ckin sick and that’s before their club is dragged through the courts under the eyes of the world for operating a paedophile ring on their premises for decades.

Get going quickly in the first 15 they could well collapse, led by the Greek tragedy in goal. All about confidence today, ours is up and we have goals all over the park while they have defensive frailties that no amount of talking up can disguise.

I wonder if Gerard is tempted to go with a midfield of Davis, Kamara and Zungu?
Sure it seems more likely to be Aribo than Zungu but the Gaffer might expect 5 in the middle from them.

As a 42 year old, I’m close to thinking this is the biggest most meaningful game in my lifetime. Possibly UEFA cup final, or 9IAR ne’er day game.

Never slept a goddam wink last night

FWIW, I couldn't disagree more.

This is not a must win game for us, this is a must not lose game for us. A loss today and we're still in the driving seat this season, remember that. A positive result and we're almost home and hosed.

I wonder if Gerard is tempted to go with a midfield of Davis, Kamara and Zungu?
Sure it seems more likely to be Aribo than Zungu but the Gaffer might expect 5 in the middle from them.
I think what you'll find is we'll see Morelos drop in deep to make sure we aren't overrun in midfield. Our main threat is always from out wide and we will try and exploit it again

Back