MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
This is about who wants it most! After ten years of pain we need to give this absolutely everything. If there is absolutely nothing left on the park from everyone who gets the chance to contribute - we will win... anything less might not be good enough. Beware the wounded vermin...

Just gut feeling more than anything else.

That and the fact I don't think we've been playing as well as we can of late.

Hopefully it's just pre-match nerves kicking in.
We're Rangers. It's not about being good on the eye. It's 3 points. Every other player wants us to lose. Now and again it clicks and it's nice to see but at 90 odds mins when that whistle goes 3 points is what you crave.

I’ve got my fingers crossed they go with the keeper and back four rumoured in the WhatsApp leak.

If they do then we’ll score at least 3.

Must admit to being a total shitebag pre match when we play them.
My big worry tonight is they flood midfield with 5 central midfielders and dominate the ball against our 3. Without Jack or Arfield it feels like we really only have 2 central midfielders in Kamara and Davis who can retain possession in a crowded midfield and we might have far less possession than we usually have. That in turn means our back 4 comes under pressure more than usual and our full backs need to stay back and defend more often.

Hopefully at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon I'll look back on this and think I was a total wimp.
You don’t think Aribo is good at retaining possession in crowded spaces?

It is a long time since I have been this twitchy before an Old Firm game. Win tomorrow and I am absolutely convinced we will win the league. If someone offered us the chance at the start of the season to beat them on 2 January to win the league then I would have bitten your hand off. There is every reason we should be confident. But you just never know with these games. Crazy things happen so often in them. I just want the game to be over. I will watch of course but I can hardly bear to. I just hope the players are less tight than we all are.

You don’t think Aribo is good at retaining possession in crowded spaces?
Not talking about running the clock down in the corner.
Aribo is a fantastic talent but for me is better suited to being one of the number 10s there to do the unexpected. He will beat players, but he'll also try things that are more risky and be far more likely to give the ball away or be dispossessed than a Ryan Jack in a crowded midfield.

Just an opinion.

I always fear the worst and this is no exception

My main worry is we have slightly went off the boil in recent games and they are back to winning against half ersed opponents and will really be up for this game which they really need to win

Hope Im wrong and we give them a right hammering

If we turn up to a man we will win the game, if we don’t then fcuk knows.
We can potentially finish the scum off tomorrow and prove we are going to win this league and bring home #55 WATP

Shaking with battle fever here. Trying to calm doon with some beers etc, not working...
Tomorrow is huge. We just HAVE to want this more than them. The players need to hold the pain of past failures and know that it's in their hands to bury it all.
If Arfield or Jack were available, I'd feel a good percentage more confident.

A game this huge, I'm glad Stevie G is our manager. He knows what this is like, and that's why we're winning tomorrow.

Please please put these animals firmly in their place Rangers; Scotland’s premier club.

Nerves are kicking in now.

I know logic suggests we beat them, but it’s never that simple.

I think they’ll be some bumps in the road. I think it will be high scoring.

3-2
4-2
3-3

:-0

My nerves are already shredded, not worried about losing per se, I’m just worried about passing up the opportunity to bury these pricks tomorrow.

Please Rangers. Just win.
My nerves were shredded last night but have woken up (aye, at this time) feeling confident. Get fucking intae them.

2-0 Rangers. We'll score first and they'll chase the game. A late second will kill off their season. Roofe to score first and then Defoe to net the killer.

I think the nerves for me stem from them having so much to lose. Lose and they’ll know it’s all but done.

Can they muster a ridiculous performance based on do or die stuff?

I think that’s the only way they beat us, tbh.

I think the nerves for me stem from them having so much to lose. Lose and they’ll know it’s all but done.

Can they muster a ridiculous performance based on do or die stuff?

I think that’s the only way they beat us, tbh.

A team with nothing to lose is always a dangerous opposition.

It's an old firm game and anything can happen. We've seen far bigger upsets in the fixture than if they were to come to Ibrox today and get a result.

We should be looking at this game as a free hit to essentially win the league. If we win and go 19 points clear then they'll collapse IMO. If we lose and they win their 3 games in hand then we're still 4 points clear.

Back