The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just listening to SSN transfer talk and because Haller has signed for Ajax their young striker Brian Brobbey is unhappy hes only 18 but he's an absolute beast of a striker maybe we should be in for him as his contract expires in the summer could be a deal that would benefit us similar to the other mobs Dembele deal and could be a very good Morelos replacement

Last edited:
Literally just came to post this :))

I mentioned the other day I found it weird this particular journo keeps linking us with players, it is getting a tad weird now.

Is he even saying we are interested here, or just throwing in a hypothetical?.

Has he ever got one right? He always seems to post stuff and our name gets flung in but I don’t recall any of his information ever being correct.

Why, he's one of the very few players outwith us and the filth that has real ability
I disagree. His stats (as shown in one of the above posts) are poor. He‘s 24 so there’s not much potential improvement left there and even the sheep see him as a bit part player.

I disagree. His stats (as shown in one of the above posts) are poor. He‘s 24 so there’s not much potential improvement left there and even the sheep see him as a bit part player.
He's got pace to burn, good feet and plays with his head up. His game has came on this year.
He's been hampered by injuries but there's definitely ability there just need to watch him play to see it.
Management team obviously see something in him aswell.
Regardless even if it doesn't work out its a low risk signing he'll cost next to nothing with potential high reward to come with it.

Just listening to SSN transfer talk and because Haller has signed for Ajax their young striker Brian Brobbey is unhappy hes only 18 but he's an absolute beast of a striker maybe we should be in for him as his contract expires in the summer could be a deal that would benefit us similar to the other mobs Dembele deal and could be a very good Morelos replacement
Very very good prospect is this lad I'd imagine there will be plenty competition for him but he would have the potential to make us a lot of money if we got him

He's got pace to burn, good feet and plays with his head up. His game has came on this year.
He's been hampered by injuries but there's definitely ability there just need to watch him play to see it.
Management team obviously see something in him aswell.
Regardless even if it doesn't work out its a low risk signing he'll cost next to nothing with potential high reward to come with it.
Fair enough. Sounds like you’ve seen more of him than me.

Just wanted to highlight this one as there's always posts of this type about players around the 23/24 mark.

There's still a ton of development and potential to be had at that age. Aribo, Kent, Kamara, Morelos are all in that bracket, none of us think they won't develop any further do we?

Tavernier was signed when he was 24 after some loan spells having never played at the level we required, and look at him now.

Plenty of scope for someone like Wright, if he has the mix of ability, luck and attitude, to improve loads from where he is now.

If there trying to do the Mccrorrie deal now then we have probably offered them someone else on loan.
Allowed two from a single club this season so no need to change his deal from loan to permanent now

also we don’t need to play the sheep again till after the split and it’s a home

I can see Wright doing well for us, he is quick and can take on players but he also has a really good shot on him from distance which is something we lack.

He fits our system and would allow us to rotate Kent more and keep him fresh for the big games.

Considering the situation with McCrorie and also fringe players that could become part of the deal it seems inevitable it will go through.

The McCrorie think makes sense because if the fee last summer doing the rounds was correct, then he is costing them £350k. Wright being U24 will cost us a development fee of probably not far off that. The only part I don't like about it is him being able to play against us but thankfully we have three games out of the way.

Arsenal target Odsonne Edouard also watched by Leicester as Celtic slash asking price​

Both Leicester and Arsenal have been handed a recent boost in the chase for Edouard, with Celtic lowering their asking price by a staggering £15m as they look to speed up his departure from the club.

Football Insider has claimed that the Hoops are now willing to accept a bid in the region of £25m for the forward this month, after conceding that they are unlikely to command a club-record fee given their lack of success this season.

Arsenal target Odsonne Edouard also watched by Leicester as Celtic slash asking price​

Both Leicester and Arsenal have been handed a recent boost in the chase for Edouard, with Celtic lowering their asking price by a staggering £15m as they look to speed up his departure from the club.

Football Insider has claimed that the Hoops are now willing to accept a bid in the region of £25m for the forward this month, after conceding that they are unlikely to command a club-record fee given their lack of success this season.

Slashing an imaginary unrealistic figure...

They'll be lucky to get £20 million for him due to his contract status him Ajer Christie and Ntcham will be off on the cheap

Clubs are off their nut if they pay £25m for edouard, they should wait a few months and watch the price start to fall. They scumbags will no doubt end up getting a fair wack, does my nut in. They will be sweating, i would love it if he left on a free but he wants out now so will no doubt make them a good wedge.

Clubs are off their nut if they pay £25m for edouard, they should wait a few months and watch the price start to fall. They scumbags will no doubt end up getting a fair wack, does my nut in. They will be sweating, i would love it if he left on a free but he wants out now so will no doubt make them a good wedge.
Nothing in that post adds up to them getting a decent wedge.

25m is fairytale stuff.

probably the first time I’ve seen two premiership clubs interested in a striker and the selling club declaring they’re willing to knock 15m off the price. How generous of them.

Ar
Nothing in that post adds up to them getting a decent wedge.

25m is fairytale stuff.

probably the first time I’ve seen two premiership clubs interested in a striker and the selling club declaring they’re willing to knock 15m off the price. How generous of them.
Arsenal will pay it. They reckon they got a bargain on Tierney for the same price and he will "big up" Édouard.

Anything above £9m Celtic keep only 60%, with 40% due to PSG.

So if they do manage to get £25m for him, Celtic will only get £18.6m (9 + 9.6) less anything due to the player and agent. That’s about half their estimated loss for the financial year ending June 2021.

I can't see Arsenal or Leicester as being a suitable venue for Édouard. Both clubs demand work rate from their front players and they would rarely see it from him. Don't see it.

The old add £25m take off £15m and call it a sale technique

Back