Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the ways the COVID lockdown has impacted me is that I have been utilizing the services of Netflix to afar greater extent than I ever had before. I recently happened to check out one of Clint Eastwood's lesser known movies entitled: Every Which Way But Loose, whose soundtrack featured a tune by the Country and Western star Mel Tillis, entitled - Coca Cola Cowboy. Whilst I'm not a huge fan, the tune was one those that kept repeating itself in the brain again and again. So in order to try and exorcise it so to speak, I composed this ditty with Neil Lennon especially in mind . (**its best reading it with the Coca Cola Cowboy song playing in the background, so you'll have to download it).

Dedicated to TLB

I was sitting at home
when someone rang on the phone
it sounds like Dermot Desmond’s calling me
He said things aren’t going fine that your jobs on the line,
If we don’t get ten in a row, then you’ll have to go

he said - chorus
your just a clueless fecking failure
You’ve got popcorn teeth and dirty ginger hair
But you’ve went and screwed things up so very badly
that it seems to me as though you just don’t care.

They all losing the place
everyone’s getting right in my face
even though I’ve tried just about everything I knew
Things have gotten so bad, so depressing and sad
that even Walter Smith is mocking me

he said - chorus
your just a dirty 19th Century Terrorist basket
You’ve got popcorn teeth and dirty ginger hair
But you’ve went and fecked things up so very badly
that it seems to me as though you just don’t care.

I’m forced to stay here at home
I’ve disconnected the phone
now the green brigades are banging on my door
they’re blaming it all on me - but how can that be
I just did everything that Lawwell told me to.

they said - chorus
you’re just a useless fecking bastard
you’ve got popcorn teeth and dirty ginger hair
All our hopes for ten-in-a -row are now in tatters
And it seems as though you just don’t care.

I’ve said this on here before.
We would come back from Love st or Fir park, can’t remember tbh.
Met up with a few guys who were tims at the shop for a bevvy after the game, late 80’s.
He told me couldn’t get into the jungle, couldn’t get into the Celtic end, had to go round to the Rangers end (he used these terms) just got in after KO,
Stowed out he said.
Sunday Mail attendance
Robbing bar stewards

Met up with a few guys who were tims at the shop for a bevvy after the game, late 80’s.
He told me couldn’t get into the jungle, couldn’t get into the Celtic end, had to go round to the Rangers end (he used these terms) just got in after KO,
Stowed out he said.
Sunday Mail attendance
Robbing bar stewards
Completely agree. Timmy amnesia kicks in with their thievery though. Then again why would they let the truth get in the way of an opportunity to see what the moral high ground looks like. Charlatans

Stowed out he said.
Sunday Mail attendance
Robbing bar stewards
It went on for years and was well known. As well as tax evasion (not tax avoidance) back when the nett gate receipts were shared between the two teams it meant they were defrauding opponents. Unfortunately there isn’t evidence that could prove it.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

By calling the city in which they live by the shortened version of it’s name? Is it really that big a deal?
Mate call it what you want.
However, it has properly been called Londonderry since the early seventeenth century.
Derry itself is an anglicised term.
But so what, Irish people speak English as a first language, so using an anglicised term is the norm.
What I found unusual is your term settllers, which I suppose you mean to call the Protestants of Ulster?
You do understand that they have been in Ulster for longer than those that settled North America have been there.
Would you call US citizens settlers?
Do you routinely go around Scotland calling anyone faintly descended from the Irish diaspora as settlers?
Just asking.

They are now championing John Collins for the job

“John is a brilliant guy and massive Celtic supporter. I know him through family and think he would jump at the chance to return to Celtic within a new regime. He is intelligent. progressive. resourceful and knowledgeable and these important attributes are evidently missing amongst the current management team. He also has international contacts that would be useful has the skill sets and confidence which would enable him to overhaul much of the current structures”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back