Lennon Will be gone

they are in some mess, whoever comes in has some rebuilding job, they wont appoint a permanent manager until the season ends

I've thought for a while there must be some sort of stand off between him and Lawwell where neither wants to back down.

Lennon wants sacked, Lawwell doesn't want to give him a pay off, neither are backing down.

When did they need to isolate from ?

I thought it was on Monday they had to isolate from so 10 days isolation would take them up to and including Wednesday.

Or am I talking pish ?.:)

Neic will be there until the end of the season.
1: He wont walk away and miss out on his payoff / or wages.
2: They can't afford to pay him off (they might have done, if they hadn't had a jolly to Dubai.

Next manager:
Mark McGhee hasn't said no yet. And Steven Pressley, he has still to crawl out from under whatever stone he is hiding.

Meanwhile, we still have from now until May to rejoice in their "catastrophe" lol

I want both him and Griffiths to be there on the day we win the league. Given how much they insist on exaggerating celebrations when Rangers are around, surely they wouldn’t want to miss the chance to enjoy an Ibrox party.
Not a betting man but if I was I'd offer one of my £'s that lego & the fat forward will be 'injured' and miss that game. :)

They won't sack him until the summer imo.

They can't sack him and bring in a permanent replacement because they'll be wanting whoever it is shot when we win the league.

At best Kennedy would be in charge until the rest of the season. Add in the fact they really don't have a lot of money for the massive rebuilding they need.

Please please please let it be Martin O’Neil. This season couldn’t get any better than having him, Lennon and Brown all involved in 55.

plus I’m due 300 notes if he manages them for ten games

I’m really sad to say that I think he’ll be a gonner very soon.
Gutted that we can’t get to shout at the fucker again.

I think it's hilarious they shot their bolt on Rodgers when a monkey coulda won the league those years.

Now look at what's left when they really need that quality of gaffer.
That was because of how we played in the semi-final the season before. If it wasn’t that alone then it played a large part in it.

The humiliation from that defeat made them panic and they went big money. That said he bolted soon enough too once we showed in the NY game (the Ryan Jack goal) we were a match for them. But thankfully lots of duds were singled before and since of massive contracts. Then neic comes back and really fooks it up. It’s wonderful!

My guess is they'll hope that Lennon can get through the rest of the window then sack him in early February.

By that time French diddy and a few others will be sold and sacking Lennon takes the heat off the January fire sale.

After that John Kennedy will be put in charge for the rest of the season.

With season ticket sales looming in 12 or so weeks they are going to have to create some sort of big slash to dupe the unwashed into stumping up.
With their player values plummeting, so many duds on the books eating up wages, season tickets are their best hope.
If TLB stays they won’t renew, if he goes, the new man will need rebuilding money and if they don’t like him they still won’t renew.
What a clusterfuck.
Just wonderful.
Signing Declan & his baseball bat on Monday will bring them all together...:)

Talk about a poisoned chalice, who is going to take a job at celtik with all that has been going on this season.
20 points behind Rangers
Half the team don't want to be there
The other half are hopeless
Court cases about child abuse on the horizon
Overspent on duds meaning no direction from above
Money has drained away leaving them reliant on overdrafts
Crowds disappearing
Owner now shy about putting money in to the team
Biggest rivals well on their way to the Magic Ten.
Manager has to be "Celtic Minded" and we all know what that means.

I’ve heard that he tried to resign on Tuesday but it wasn’t accepted by Liewell, he obviously thinks keeping him there to divert abuse towards him it’s not working

obviously no idea if that’s true but I can see lawell keeping him as a deflector shield

Wee Lenny has been a lightning rod for the Board. I can only see him being there until the league is won. Nobody in their right mind would take the job now. Would they?

Yeah he carries the can but the most enjoyable thing is he ain’t the only one who’s played a massive part in their annus horribilis season.
If he does go, there’ll be quite a few left for next season.
Which is nice B-)

I said it on other threads, I really want him to see out the season, just so we can see him have to congratulate us on winning the league.
ideally I’d like us to do it before our final game against them just to see Lego and Thumb give us a guard of honour. It will end a good few of their mutant supporters

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will go for Wayne Rooney. Big headlines and season ticket renewals guaranteed. Mind you he is hardly setting the world alight at Derby.

Damien Duff. Ticks all of the right boxes for them.

I can't imagine Howe would walk in now. If anything, the agreement will begin in May or June and he can begin working behind the scenes now. Lennon (or whoever) would continue taking their team.

It's glorious.

I think it's hilarious they shot their bolt on Rodgers when a monkey coulda won the league those years.

Now look at what's left when they really need that quality of gaffer.
Thing is he is a good coach but what sort of legacy did he leave? What players did he actually bring in and develop. That is there issue they’ve spent money on too many average players and relied on a core of long serving players and loans. Yes they have a few assets but they’re becoming fewer as contracts run down or abject performances bring values down.

Like you say they spent a lot on the guy for the here and now of the league that anyone coulda won with the resources at hand.

Back