MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 12:00 - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Only 1 on the pitch worthy of it is Davis. A shining light for us today. The 1 good thing is its another round of fixtures down & we've kept the gap the same.

We’ve got a Ross County starting to find their feet and a Hibs team who will put in their only performance in months coming up.

Had to beat the team sitting bottom of the league today.

There’s %^*& all won yet.

defoe hits that one at the end in the other end of the goal - hes not saving it
one cleared off line
a few more that some accidental last ditch block stopped a shot going in

we had a slow 10 mins, were on top
lost a goal in shambolic move
controlled the entire game after that - only in the late stages did we look like scoring tho

last season we lose that 1-0

Went wide too much today. We had the ball on edge of the box then played it out wide every time. Just hold it for a second then run towards the box. Either get a shot or pass in a dangerous area.

Would have been good to move 2 points further ahead but we didn't work their keeper enough. Good stop from Defoe at the end but anything else was routine.

Just lacked a little bit of cutting edge today. After 15 wins in a row, we can’t complain, it’s a minor blip.

Been coming for weeks, we miss Jack and Arfield.
Way too slow and pedestrian in midfield.

Kent should have been sitting on the bench weeks ago, he's been no help to us for ages.

Kent and aribo need rested surly we can accommodate hagi in the midfield to at least have someone that can strike a ball

We got absolutely everything we deserved there. Sauntering about the first half like we had already won the league. Motherwell were more hungry and although we salvaged a point, a huge stride towards the league could have been made today after they slipped up again yesterday. Totally disappointing but the mentality has to change.

Kent was absolutely brutal again, Aribo was slightly better second half but he should never be in the midfield 3, very poor performance and its been that way now since our win in Perth. The sooner Jack and Arfield are back the better.

Disappointed in the first half but not too upset at the draw. Going to have games like this especially having a 16 game winning streak and the best time to do it is after the scum drop 4 points. A step closer and back at home next week. Type of game Jack, Arfield and Roofe would have made a difference.

Just a disgraceful performance against Motherwell who are bottom of the league for a reason. There were too many players today that frankly played shit. We don't need passengers in this team, we need a team that wants to keep winning.

They dropped points yesterday and we could have moved even further ahead today and tightened the screw on them but, we blew that today. We should have got out the tramps earlier and showed we meant business instead of strolling about the bloody park and not taking the chances we had.

glad we got something but, we should have taken all 3 points today.

Poor first 30 average the next hour, but after 15 consecutive wins we were always going to drop points sometime
No big over reaction and we move on to the next game

Slow start again.

Final ball was dire as well. Too many just pass the buck. Aribo and Kamara don't want to play the ball in they constantly look for Barisic and Tav and as a result we are easy marked out the game.

The final ball from Tav and Barisic wasn't the best but thankfully one of his crosses was good and Itten headed home.

Sad to say but I was happy with that point in the end.

Just wasn’t our day. Motherwell worked hard and gave us a few scary moments. Still undefeated, still miles ahead of the scum and still on track for 55. I wouldn’t have swapped their January for ours.

I thought Aribo, Kent, Hagi, Tav and Kamara were all very poor today. When you have that many players not at the races it’ll always be hard to take full points regardless of who the opposition are.

But it happens, these sorts of results cropped up during each of Walter’s title winning seasons too. We weren’t going to win them all and we’ll drop more points now and the end of the season. The key thing is we haven’t lost the points advantage we had.

That no a save.?

I mean a challenging save. The only saves I can remember him making were ones that any half decent goalie would make so I wouldn’t say he kept them in the game. More like our inability to create decent chances kept them in the game.

Not overly concerned about that to be honest. We were far from our best today and should have went on to win, but these things happen.
Certainly no sign of the slump we have seen previously. We’re no worse than we were at the start of the weekend.

Slow start and disappointing to lose the goal. We gradually upped the tempo and Itten took his goal well. Great turn and shot from Defoe at the end but it wasn't to be. Motherwell were well up for it as expected, especially considering they have a new manager. They drew this weekend as did we, so no serious damage done. No need to panic, we're still in a great position.

Poor performance overall, dreadful crossing from the fullbacks except for the goal. Aribo played like he felt he had been put in a position he didn't want but we had no other options.

That was fucking awful. Absolutely awful.

Players need to snap out this shit effort. They aren't even trying at all.
I know emotions are always high after a game, especially after we drop points but you are taking absolute shite.

Take time away to reflect and you will realise the players were "trying" and should have won the game based on second half chance alone.....

I thought this might be a slog today and not too unhappy at a point, and said so pre match. For those fretting we now have 14 games left - can you see us failing to win 5 of those which would be what would be needed. it would be our worst run under SG - try and stay calm its coming home
Get what you mean but draws are just as costly....ask the tims

I've got a headache. Very frustrating afternoon. A week off and we started so so slowly. You can't do that at a place like Motherwell. So many crosses into their box, so many corners, and we managed just one goal and very few other shots on target. Alfie should be doing so much better with that kind of supply. Kent going backwards most of the time.

It’s indicative of how poor we were that Davis was comfortably the best player on the park, good performance from him.
For 65 minutes sure. But he and Kamara set the tempo for the first 25 minutes when they wanted to play the game at walking pace. That is what got us into trouble there. Same with last 25 minutes at Aberdeen last week. I have a lot of time for Davis but sometimes the tempo he sets is all wrong. It’s all very well upping it for 65 minutes when you are a goal down. But we should never have got into that place in the first place.

That's probably Kent's worst performance in a Rangers jersey, very very poor today, few others looked well off it today, hopefully they get a rocket up their arses and reminded that as yet we have won nothing

Didnt think we were as bad as some think.

Aribo has had some sloppy passing in last few weeks but his defensive work has been spot on majority of games. Gets the ball back quite often.

Thought Barasic was unusually sloppy at times today as well. Not that he had a bad game just not his usual standards.

Its one of those games where you need to take your chances or at the very least get back on level terms sooner. They put there backs to walls second half and sometimes in those types of games you just dont get what your looking for despite how good you are.

Better team, Controlled the entire second half but just lacked the finishing. Not a terrible result but the 3 points would have obviously been better.

I don’t know how you see that, he was at fault for the sheep goal last week failing to track back and lost his man who then scored.

Aribo, Kent, Morelos and Tav all very poor in the final third today.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call and we put another run of games together

No need to overreact due to the strength of league position we are in. Matched them across the city so points gap remains the same huge one of 21 points. Can live with that result today and it’s another ticked off (and still unbeaten)! Looking at an individual player point of view we need more from Aribo and Kent. Watching Davis pop the ball around is a joy to watch. Another round of fixtures closer to lifting the title...55 on its way.

I thought all of our attackers were poor, including Morelos. We cannot rely on him to win games at this moment in time due to his inconsistency.

Kent was trying, but really lacked any quality. Hagi was ok, not great.

I wasn’t too impressed with Barasic today, thought Tav was the better of the two.

Poor performance today but no need for any over reaction tonight... considering we only turned up for 30 minutes!!

we move on.

We have been so slow out the traps for ages.

Why this has not been addressed is beyond me.
Agree mate, better surely to come out the traps flying, get a foothold, and get ahead in the game. Most sides we play defend, defend , defend. An early goal, rips up their game plan. But we seem to saunter out of the traps. Odd.

Most teams are gonna play similar to that for remainder of the season so better get used to it. Normally we can deal with it no problem as the other teams cannot keep it going for 90 minutes. We made it hard for ourselves by conceding a goal. If you don't concede against such teams you go on to win.

You feel self consciously distressed because a player loses control of a football and dribbles out of the pitch twice?

Really?

Did I not make it pretty clear in the post? I think it’s embarrassing when one of our top players makes the sort of gaff you usually see on bloopers reels.

Mind and take the stick out your arse before you sit back down mate!

Tough playing on a cowfield. We were too deep and too many didn't contribute enough. I was worried when Hagi went off as the crosses thing very rarely pays off. Got us back in it but the midfield bar Davis was poor. Helander back in too please.
Nothing wrong with the pitch today, not an excuse unfortunately. Tavs form has tailed off a bit, lack of direct runs from Kent or Aribo also didnt help, nothing lost nothing gained, we go again next week.

Back