The negativity after dropping 2 points out of the last 48 available?

LarkfiedLoyalNS

What will/would be the reaction on here and social media if/when we lose a league game. Shall we just surrender the league?

I’ll start to panic if results start to snow ball or a continued pattern of draws or defeats but I think there is a massive over reaction from yesterday on here and some posts I’ve seen from social media.

And if that continues against Ross County at the weekend I’ll probably be the one panicking more than anybody to be honest but I think we should look at the bigger picture.

I totally get it/understand until this group of players has delivered us silverware there will always be doubt and questions after bad results but 1 draw after a tough December and January so far is not too bad if you take a deep breathe and think about it.

It would have been somewhat justified had the Tims won their two recent games. They did not. I am fine. Push on. Oh and can we have a bit more shooting from outside the box please while I am here!

I don’t think many people are “negative” as such. I think we’re all just incredibly nervous and there is a definite tension around a support who have been unwaveringly loyal through the worst times any club has ever survived and who are now tantalisingly close to regaining our rightful place in our national game.

It was a blip. Unless and until there is a period of prolonged under performance and dropped points then people can be nervous all they like, but there is no need for negativity.

There will always be the minority who jump to anger, best ignored.

Yesterday was a bit disappointing considering we missed some chances and it was an opportunity to stretch the gap further.

But we are still well clear at the top and undefeated. Really don't get the anger from some. Yeah we have scar tissue from the last few years, but we are in the best position we've been in for over a decade. We need to relax and concentrate now on getting the 3 points from Ross County on Saturday

I honestly think it's a small minority of the support and unfortunately, as you can see from the front page on the forum, all the focus was placed on those threads rather than the positive ones (6 pages, 8 pages, 9 pages etc.).

Negativity sparks debate, I don't think it's a true reflection of how the support feel as a whole after yesterday.

I've seen more folk talk about people being negative rather than actual negativity tbh.
Agree. I don’t think there’s a huge groundswell of negative comments. It’s a disappointing performance, it’s not the worst result and I think most people accept we won’t win every game and points have to be dropped along the way. Trust the management to address the under performance and we keep going.

I guess it's just human nature because of what's happened in the past with us being in a good position then performances faltering after the winter break.

For me this time feels different. The team doesn't seem to give up and almost always come out on top. It was only a matter of time before we dropped points, but until I see any serious problems with our performances - our incredible unbeaten start to the season is still on the go.

That's not even mentioning how fragile celtic look this season

Can anyone point me in the direction of the negative posts?

I haven't seen any and pretty much everyone seems content at the fact that we finished the weekend in the same position as we started it.

I don't know why we would get raging at this.

It's just what football fans do when their team doesnt play well.

If we win and draw our next two games then we end January with, at worst, the same gap as we had after the old firm game. After a ridiculous run of 1/6th of our seasons total away games including going to the two hardest venues outwith Celtic.

I'd have bitten your hand off for that on Hogmanay.

God even if we beat Ross county and lose to hibs, we've still come out of this month smelling of roses!

If we had won yesterday then I'd have been delighted with a point at Easter RD.
Now it's opposite, win at Easter Rd and yesterday will be a good result.
We've had a tough 2 months, if we come out only dropping 2 points, and having extended our lead by 5 points then I'll be fuckin delighted

Last edited:
I don't get the negativity at all, 46pts from 48pts and suddenly half the team need to be dropped or replaced! I fully understand anyone being nervous, after what we've been through there is still this nagging doubt especially from the younger supporters but lets seperate these 2 feelings!

Can anyone point me in the direction of the negative posts?

I haven't seen any and pretty much everyone seems content at the fact that we finished the weekend in the same position as we started it.

Did you miss the big threads about us being complacent/lazy and yesterday being an indication that some players aren't good enough for next season? :))

The vast majority of posters were level headed about yesterday but there were a few outliers.

If we had won yesterday then I'd have been delighted with a pint at Easter RD.
Now it's opposite, win at Easter Rd and yesterday will be a good result.
We've had a tough 2 months, if we come out only dropping 2 points, and having extended our lead by 5 points then I'll be fuckin delighted
Ill gladly join you for a pint mate...
Kidding. I agree with what you say

Personally I've not read anything id consider negative. I've seen some concerns raised, which is a natural part of a football forum when the performance levels dip slightly. Im also sure that everyone to a man on here are delighted with the overall performance of the team.

I don't think it's been that negative tbh, certainly not as hysterical as it was after drawing at Livingston.

Look at the reaction on the match thread at full time. Most of the posts are reasonable and rational. Yes, there’s disappointment but the majority are not taking that one result/performance in isolation.

Also, for some perspective on the size of the lead. I get we are all a bit anxious given the last 10 years, but think how our lead must look to a neutral. There wont be a single person who would back Celtic to win it .

I looked at the Spanish table last night out of interest. Atletico are 4 ahead with 2 in hand over Madrid, who are second. My first thought was, its over , there is no way they're throwing that away. Yet I find myself a tiny bit anxious over a (at the very least) 12 point lead!

I understand people being anxious or nervous though some folk may have taken things too far. Also, some of our recent performances haven't been the greatest. I think we miss Ryan Jack in particular, but you need to be able to cope with injuries etc. Hopefully he'll be back soon but, in the meantime, we're still in a great position.

It was always going to happen - folk going tonto when the inevitable dropped points happened.

Yesterday we were up against a well drilled side with a new manager bounce. They scored early and defended what they had. Was always going to be a slog if they scored early. The pitch did not help our more creative players and many were not at the races.

Let's be honest, we have been lucky not to have dropped points the past few games. Hibs and the Tims could have easily been draws. Think it was Ross County at the start of December was the last time we were really fluent. Games started coming thick and fast after a tough Europa Schedule so a drop in performance should not be a surprise.

Yes we all want to be two up at half time and get the cigars out, but this won't always happen.

Bit of perspective needed. We have dropped 6 points all season. Tims have dropped 7 points in 3 games in January.

We could be doing with Arfield back pronto for legs in the middle of the park.

It’s not ideal of course we want to win every game but if we drop points it’s only ok because they did too.

It’s exactly why I’m happy for us to stay out the stadium until next season, we just can’t be trusted not get on the teams back. They are doing well and just getting on with things, last thing they need is some auld stoater roaring about getting the ball up the park because Goldson has had the audacity to pass it Tav or Borna.

Its beyond mental. We've just won 15 on the bounce. Including 2 against Celtic and 1 away to Aberdeen. Do people.really think we are going to win every single game?
Mental mate it was never going to happen if you had told me this is were well be at tge start of the season I'd of laughed. Also for the people saying we've been poor the last few months yes we might have been but how often have we said that about the mentally challengeds in year's gone by but they still kept on winning

Sadly, until Tav has a trophy over his head there will be concerns about finishing the job.
Reality is we’ve had 3 games in January and gained 5 points on the scum.
This is it for me until Tav has that trophy in his hand then the fear of the last two seasons will remain for a lot of people. I think after their last 2 results people have jumped the gun a bit and are looking too far ahead as well. I think we will go on and win it but we just need to look at it a game at a time and tick them off as we go along.

Yesterday was disappointing because it was our own performance that cost us on the day and it was a chance to gain 2 more points on them but at same time we still have that 21 point gap.

I think the apprehension is that we still have 2 old firm games left and while unlikely if they were to win both of those we can’t afford many more slip ups. The Scottish league is unique in that Celtic could win nearly ever game between now and the end of the season although very unlikely

I'm a total panic merchant, but even i'm chilled after that result. Zero damage done and hopefully a kick in the arse to the players that we're not there yet and need to grind out more wins. Ross County at home at the weekend should be a good opportunity to get right back to winning ways. Three points is non-negotiable

I think the apprehension is that we still have 2 old firm games left and while unlikely if they were to win both of those we can’t afford many more slip ups. The Scottish league is unique in that Celtic could win nearly ever game between now and the end of the season although very unlikely
It's possible, but I don't think they have it in them any more to go on those 13-14 game winning runs.

Back