The Mirror claiming Benetiz to Celtic

proved what he could do at Newcastle? You're at it.
He finished 10th in his first full season in the EPL with them, after he got them out the Championship at the first attempt. Had them performing far better than they had any right to, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world despite having no money to spend on players other than money from sales, and a club owner who seemed to go out his way to make his life difficult.

Celtic can get Benitez or infact any manager they want it still doesn’t take away the size of the task they will have on their hands they are on their knees at the moment , we just need to keep doing what we are doing

Hence why i said if they are prepared to throw millions at him then he would consider it.

He isnt earning 12 million a year now, he is earning fuck all. He also won't get a salary even anywhere near that in England let alone in the SPFL.

he is a proper, proper bastard and will go wherever he is offered (A) dosh, and (B) full, total, complete, and unequivocal control.

not outside the realms of possibility. they want him, they pony up, they get him. sad but true.
Yes he’s earning feck all now but I don’t imagine he’s so skint he needs to leap into his next job. So he won’t be taking £3m a year or thereabouts off them. He’ll easily get at least that with better bonus potential at an EPL side.

I don’t know, I think there might be something in it.

Would certainly be an interesting one with Gerrard up against another of his former managers.
Can you explain why there "might be something in it"???? There is no hope in hell he is going to the mentally challengeds. They have seen the prank letter and lumped money on it and now hes odds on. That is all.

There's absolutely nothing in their recent history to suggest they will fund this type of move.
Basically the bookies are just covering themselves after a flurry of £20 bets.
Theyve just furloughed their u18s ffs :)) if they had rafa money they would still be training i honestly think they're in trouble

Theyve just furloughed their u18s ffs :)) if they had rafa money they would still be training i honestly think they're in trouble

I don’t see the connection between furlough & recruitment in different areas of the business.

Arsenal borrowed £100m from The Treadury, then paid £20m to get Ozil to leave.

ps I want them to go for a Jack Ross type manager, I just don’t think that will sell s/t’s.

Can't believe some bears think Benitez will go to the poets. Where is all the money coming from to fund this?
They have a massive wage bill with no champions league money coming in. They have just furloughed their under 18's. A lot of their squad are bailing out and will have to be replaced.
It doesn't add up. Yes there is the possibility that Fritzel could splash the cash to fund it but he's more interested in talking money out. And if he was going to spend money why not do it this season to guarantee their fabled 9.5.
It'll be Clarke or similar next.

Can't believe some bears think Benitez will go to the poets. Where is all the money coming from to fund this?
They have a massive wage bill with no champions league money coming in. They have just furloughed their under 18's. A lot of their squad are bailing out and will have to be replaced.
It doesn't add up. Yes there is the possibility that Fritzel could splash the cash to fund it but he's more interested in talking money out. And if he was going to spend money why not do it this season to guarantee their fabled 9.5.
It'll be Clarke or similar next.

I don’t see the connection with furloughing a section of your business that isn’t generating revenue and shelling out for s good manager..

I have no clue who their next boss might be, but if they used the salaries freed up by Brown, TLB and Duffy, I’d imagine that might make sense to some. If they had got a real manager after Rodgers they migh5 have got to use the disco lights.

Maybe their rumoured rights issue might be happening., hopefully not and they end up with Ross.

Yes he’s earning feck all now but I don’t imagine he’s so skint he needs to leap into his next job. So he won’t be taking £3m a year or thereabouts off them. He’ll easily get at least that with better bonus potential at an EPL side.
I dont disagree with you. What I said originally was that he would consider it if the money is there.

Benitez goes where the money is. The poets are, as it stands, unlikely (highly) to fork out for him, but if creepy pervert Desmond decides to dig deep then its a possibility.

Benitez would go there if they pay him. That's literally all I said.

I dont disagree with you. What I said originally was that he would consider it if the money is there.

Benitez goes where the money is. The poets are, as it stands, unlikely (highly) to fork out for him, but if creepy pervert Desmond decides to dig deep then its a possibility.

Benitez would go there if they pay him. That's literally all I said.
What money.

Hahaha they can appoint who they want, Gerrard has us undefeated in January.

“Gerrard saw his Rangers team go 23 points clear at the top of the SPL with a 5-0 over Ross County yesterday.

Lennon has come under increasing pressure as Celtic have crumbled in their bid to make history by claiming a 10th successive title.”

Hope the article is spot on.

H
Wow - a lot of content in that article!

He has his left his job in China, and without a single source or quote, the headline says he is "set to become celtic manager".
He has left his job in china tbf but the article is very vague. Lawell’s go to man McGowan would've got the scoop if true first

This will be the same mirror that ran numerous articles about dembele going to manchester united and chelsea, before running with the hot take that messi wouldn't sign another contract unless dembele was bought. Pity they got the wrong dembele. The unwashed will end up with Jack Dross in the summer.

This will be the same mirror that ran numerous articles about dembele going to manchester united and chelsea, before running with the hot take that messi wouldn't sign another contract unless dembele was bought. Pity they got the wrong dembele. The unwashed will end up with Jack Dross in the summer.

not after that mess today. hardly going inspire season tickets sales, Benítez on the other hand.

Back