The Mirror claiming Benetiz to Celtic

Apparently there are several reasons for him leaving China, Guillem Balague has a post on Twitter regarding Rafa. He doesn’t mention any clubs, other than to say several agents have been in touch. Being away from his family appears to be a huge reason, he’s looking to something closer to home (Merseyside) so don’t rule that mob out of the running.
Even if all that is true I will be ruling that lot out the running.

They have zero chance of getting Rafa Benitez ffs.

He will not go there but if he did I’d be gutted. Loved Rafa since his Liverpool days and would most certainly get a tune out of that squad. He is a world class manager from a tactical point of view with a ridiculous CV.

Apparently there are several reasons for him leaving China, Guillem Balague has a post on Twitter regarding Rafa. He doesn’t mention any clubs, other than to say several agents have been in touch. Being away from his family appears to be a huge reason, he’s looking to something closer to home (Merseyside) so don’t rule that mob out of the running.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he almost relegated Dalian Pro and has a worse record than Chris Coleman managed in the Chinese Super League. Hasn't got the funds to do anything so he's downed tools and he's off. Same when he left Newcastle. Total rewrite of history. Steve Bruce is currently a whole 2 points behind Rafa's average total at Newcastle. 2 whole points between being a fat useless bastard and a footballing genius apparently.

He's a total fraud.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he almost relegated Dalian Pro and has a worse record than Chris Coleman managed in the Chinese Super League. Hasn't got the funds to do anything so he's downed tools and he's off. Same when he left Newcastle. Total rewrite of history. Steve Bruce is currently a whole 2 points behind Rafa's average total at Newcastle. 2 whole points between being a fat useless bastard and a footballing genius apparently.

He's a total fraud.
I’ve no idea how he was doing over there, only saying what I read.
Fwiw, I think he’s overrated too. Very defensively minded and needs a very large budget to work with, on top of that his salary demands are huge. I wouldn’t lose too much sleep if they were to spunk millions on him.

I’ve no idea how he was doing over there, only saying what I read.
Fwiw, I think he’s overrated too. Very defensively minded and needs a very large budget to work with, on top of that his salary demands are huge. I wouldn’t lose too much sleep if they were to spunk millions on him.

wasn't having a go mate. Having a dig at Balague though who falls over himself every time to protect Brand Benitez.

IF they’re replacing Lawwell with Fritz Jr, surely he wouldn’t be putting his son in to not back him?
There’s backing him and then there’s Benitez’s salary. He was on £4m plus bonuses at Newcastle and £10m in China

There’s a photo doing the rounds of a letter of terms agreed dunno if it’s a piss take though

Dont think the scum could afford his wages but i would love if they took a gamble on him and ended up fecking skint and it backed fired on them

Benitez is a mercenary and will go to whichever club is prepared to pay for him. He literally does not give a fuck. If dirty desmond decides to throw millions at it because his pride has been dented again, just like he did with the Rodgers scenario, then benitez is absolutely without question an option for them.
He certainly is not, given he’s on £12m a year in China. No chance he’s taking a drop to £3m a year with the filth. An EPL side would easily pay him £5m at least with his track record.

He certainly is not, given he’s on £12m a year in China. No chance he’s taking a drop to £3m a year with the filth. An EPL side would easily pay him £5m at least with his track record.
Hence why i said if they are prepared to throw millions at him then he would consider it.

He isnt earning 12 million a year now, he is earning fuck all. He also won't get a salary even anywhere near that in England let alone in the SPFL.

he is a proper, proper bastard and will go wherever he is offered (A) dosh, and (B) full, total, complete, and unequivocal control.

not outside the realms of possibility. they want him, they pony up, they get him. sad but true.

These are the same bookies who stopped taking bets in Howe becoming their manager three days ago....

He’s not going to Celtic. They wouldn’t pay him enough or give him the sort of transfer budget he would expect.

Newcastle fans worship him still. I wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to bide his time and Hope a takeover of the club takes place.

Even if he did weve still got a far superior squad and coaching staff. To get back on a level to us would cost them a fortune in signings and backroom staff.

He won’t goto Celtic, but you’ve got to laugh at folk saying he’s shite.

He is a bona fide world class level manager, and has proved it at the top level multiple times. His honours list is superb, and he proved what he could do with zero money to spend at Newcastle.

It’s ok to admit he’s a great manager even though he’s linked with them.

He won’t goto Celtic, but you’ve got to laugh at folk saying he’s shite.

He is a bona fide world class level manager, and has proved it at the top level multiple times. His honours list is superb, and he proved what he could do with zero money to spend at Newcastle.

It’s ok to admit he’s a great manager even though he’s linked with them.

proved what he could do at Newcastle? You're at it.

Rafa is one of my favourite managers.

Hopefully, he’s offered an EPL return; that’s where he’s happiest.

proved what he could do at Newcastle? You're at it.
The poster is correct, he got %^*& all money at Newcastle to invest in the squad. Almirion was bought like a year or so into his time and it felt pretty big as it was the first time they'd spent money since being up. He done well with a limited budget. I dont see why anyone would deny he isnt a good manager.

He's wanted by Newcastle fans. It's whether he'd go back to work for Mike Ashley.

Chelsea fans also saying it's a possibility. He's steadied the ship for them before and would imagine he has a good working relationship with Abramovich.

Really hope he steers clear of the poets. A very good manager.

There's absolutely nothing in their recent history to suggest they will fund this type of move.
Basically the bookies are just covering themselves after a flurry of £20 bets.

They went from Deila to Rodgers & co.

Going cheap with TLB probably saved them @bout £1.5m p a and cost them £20m in UCL money

Last edited:
Back