Frank Lampard sacked (confirmed)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is proving what a little bit of patience can do. Poor decision.
Don’t agree. At least when you watched Man Utd under Ole early on you could see a plan in how they were playing, they just needed a bit more quality. When I watch Chelsea I see a lot of incredibly talented players with no game plan, Lampard would never be successful.

Nothing against Chelsea...but just don't try for Mr Gerrard....
I doubt the gaffer would manage any other club in England apart from Liverpool, but still.
He said “no” to them as a player.
Highly unlikely he’d be welcome now.
Also, I get the feeling Chelsea will go for a proven Champions League manager and not another inexperienced one.

Maybe going for a guy with one year in the Championship with Derby wasn’t such a good idea.
he was the cheap option for Roman as hardly any manager would have wanted a Chelsea job having to face a transfer window when they can't buy anyone

should have stayed at Derby and became better at the job but because of how much the club (Chelsea) means to him, I guess he was never going to turn them down

Shame for Lampard. Still feed he can become a very good manager but probably took on this role too soon.

I don’t think anyone could say he is getting the best out of this current crop of players. He doesn’t seem to know how to use Havertz or Werner

The board will be thinking that they don’t need signings and the reason they’re sacking Lampard is he has all the tools to be successful and hasn’t achieved it.

They’re a world class right back and centre back away from challenging

Surely to god the board don't think James/azpilicueta are good enough for a start

Still can’t believe Chelsea actually went for him.

He is miles behind Gerrard.

Nothing against Chelsea...but just don't try for Mr Gerrard....
I doubt the gaffer would manage any other club in England apart from Liverpool, but still.
No chance, Chelsea need experience now, not another young pup. Trialist even.

Said as soon as Havertz & Werner were struggling their thinking will be to hire a German manager to get the best out of them.

Poor decision if so, football down there is such a joke.

without wanting to go all body-language expert, did think he looked particularly down yesterday. Obviously he’s not going to be happy given run they’re on, but even taking that into account he looked very flat.
Yeah his press conference on Friday was very Neic like

Said as soon as Havertz & Werner were struggling their thinking will be to hire a German manager to get the best out of them.
they'd be better getting the Leizpig one rather than Tuchel though

although Leipzig have said Nagelsmann isn't going anywhere

Deserves time in the job, he's got a lot wrong this season but a bit of patience is needed
I agree,I think he needs more time and Chelsea aren't the only team to under perform. I'll be sad for Lampard if that's the case as he's a decent bloke,maybe the job came too soon for him.

Or just give them time to settle. The Bundesliga to Premiership is a different game completely, especially in this current climate.

Remember Bernardo Silva. He was labelled a dud half way through his first season.

I don’t get the Tuchel appointment at all. He’s over rated IMO - but I’m just a football supporter.

expectations have been raised from last season due to the money spent and it’s went the opposite direction

Don’t agree. At least when you watched Man Utd under Ole early on you could see a plan in how they were playing, they just needed a bit more quality. When I watch Chelsea I see a lot of incredibly talented players with no game plan, Lampard would never be successful.

Ole is an awful manager. A wee purple patch just now doesn't alter the previous decade he has had in management.

This is a prime example of clubs wanting instant success glad that our club has given SG time to build a team and a squad. I know EPL is different with the amount of money

they'd be better getting the Leizpig one rather than Tuchel though

although Leipzig have said Nagelsmann isn't going anywhere

That's precisely the problem. Think all being equal they'd rather have Naggelsman. But the difference is Tuchel is available & Roman just has no patience at all.

Maybe a return to West Ham if Moyes steps down at the end of the season?
He's despised by West Ham fans.

He'll probably end up on BT for a bit before taking a championship job.

Devils advocate here but can you imagine he went to the mentally challengeds (I know he wont) and we had the Gerrard v Lampard element added to the rivalry.. would be quite something.

Or just give them time to settle. The Bundesliga to Premiership is a different game completely, especially in this current climate.

Remember Bernardo Silva. He was labelled a dud half way through his first season.

I don’t get the Tuchel appointment at all. He’s over rated IMO - but I’m just a football supporter.

It's just Chelsea being Chelsea. They don't let managers ride out difficult spells, there's no loyalty there whatsoever. 6 bad weeks & your out on your ear there I'm afraid, it's shocking really.

I agree,I think he needs more time and Chelsea aren't the only team to under perform. I'll be sad for Lampard if that's the case as he's a decent bloke,maybe the job came too soon for him.

Think it was the wrong time for him at Chelsea and a lazy appointment by them imo, he needed another few years before he was really ready.

Hopefully he can go elsewhere and prove himself and then end up back at Stamford Bridge

Thomas Tuchel has been offered many times and he’s the favourite as German manager - also to ‘help’ Werner and Havertz. Lampard is gone.

RB Lepzig won’t let Nagelsmann go now + Allegri is considering other options/clubs.

I don't watch a lot of Bundesliga so can't comment on his performances for Leipzig, but I have never seen Werner have a good game either at Chelsea or for Germany.

Lampard is popular on this forum, hence the “poor decision, he needs time” rhetoric.

Reality is he’s failing badly and just saying “look at OGS” isn’t enough. For what it’s worth, I don’t think he’ll win anything at Man Utd either

He has shown to be to Nieve for me
I think he was the wrong appointment and wasn't ready but they gave him job so they should give him a bit more time to prove himself imo

But at the same time with the money he's spent and the squad he has, their performances show he clearly isn't ready tactically

Hes a good guy but not happening for him.

The set up of the team never looked quite right and he should have tried a different formation.

Fingers will point at the defence but the midfield in a defensive sense at times appeared non existent.

Wish him the best anyway.

Back