Frank Lampard sacked (confirmed)

They’re a world class right back and centre back away from challenging

Surely to god the board don't think James/azpilicueta are good enough for a start
James is good enough but he’s just turned 21 and is inconsistent

You could still see an identity with Gerrards teams though. You knew what he was trying to do on the ball and off the ball.

No idea what Lampard was trying to do. It was a mess.
I’ve posted this a few times. No settled 11 no settled formation and style no sense of what journey is.

He's undoubtedly made errors, particularly defensively, however for me giving a guy who's in his third year of management £200m to spend on players with egos bigger than the Thames, and expecting him to not only manage them but gel them all together, was naive at best by Chelsea.

can’t argue with that. I actually thought it was remarkable he got that job so soon.

He’s got that job after one season at Derby. He really should still be serving his apprenticeship at that sort of level.

We all knew Gerrard, if he succeeded at Rangers, would be manager at Anfield one day. But you wouldn’t have even countenanced such a thing after only one season.

There probably is a good manager in Lampard. But he’s had to run before he can walk and that’s on Chelsea

The Atheltic saying they tried to give it Ralf Rangnick till end of season, but he knocked it back. Also sounded out Nagelsmann before going for Tuchel.

As said earlier on the thread, they were clearly going for a German to try and get the best out of the two big summer signings.

I think eventually Rangnick and Nagelsmann will go somewhere as a pair, a few have made moves for Rangnick but unless he can run the show I doubt he will bother, his record speaks for itself at the end of the day, if he had done what he did with the Red Bull operation at Ajax or Dortmund he would be spoken of as a God by the media. Could well both end up at Bayern in some capacity, think Dortmund are too stubborn to let either have proper control.

Last edited:
Frank Lampard is a certified genius, more than 10 years ago for some reason the Chelsea club doctor IQ tested the squad and found that Lampard had an IQ 'well above' 150.

Horrible to see it go badly for a club legend. I think it'll drive home to Liverpool and Gerrard to only go for that move when you're certain that you're 100% ready and sufficiently experienced

It’s Official now, via Sky Sports. Shame for Lampard. He deserves more time. He should have stayed at Darby for 2-3 years. Got them a year 2 management promotion then saved them from relegation. He just hasn’t had the rub on signings, especially at the back, Chelsea need two to three good players in centre half positions. And they needed to replace Hazard. Only issue at Chelsea is the managers don’t choose the signings, it’s the transfer committee and Managing Director.

As for him to a new job, Celtic would be that fit. Probably would need time, probably 2-3 years like what we have done with Gerrard. A time they may not have at Kerrydale Street. He will need time to develop and time to get his signings in. A time to develop his style of play. Time to get a European record. Celtic fans won’t accept this as they need to get even right away. Not patient enough from that COVID infested mob.

I do find it funny that those English players from the “Golden Generation” that all the ones that had won any league have not had any good European success. The one that didn’t win the league, is on the cusp of winning a league as a manager, has a formidable European record and is held in high esteem generally.

If Lampard is to head up the M6, it’s going to be box office for Scottish football. Only issue is Christine Lampard just about to pop a newborn into the world. I’d say Lemming to the end of the year then Lampard or Rafa from May or June onward.

Shame for Frank , but truth known he should never have been given the job in the first place. It was always gonna end in tears.
Agreed. I like Lampard but he was fortunate to get that gig so early in his managerial career. I don't think Chelsea have been overly drastic in sacking him. Plenty of managers have been given harsher treatment than Lampard has in this instance. If Lampard hadn't had so much banked goodwill with Chelsea fans they'd have been hounding him out by now.

Seems to have went wrong for Lampard as soon as he was allowed to buy. Shame as I like him but I'm sure he'll do okay in life
I agree,up to the lifting of the embargo they seemed to be playing some great stuff,the minute it was lifted, I think he's brought in too many,too soon. He should've persevered playing all the young guys.

Correct decision, lampard hasn’t been able to create a structure or good defence in his time there and that’s his downfall. Tuchel will come in and I reckon he will do well. Chelsea have talented players but they didn’t have a manager who could use them.

Definitely hadn't done enough in management to get near the Chelsea job after a pretty ordinary season with Derby.

Think Celtic may try their luck but I can't see him going there

52887361_2256695437695835_4373955060288192512_n.jpg
That means nothing.b

Chelsea really just are a billionaires plaything, an absolute joke of a football team. Throwing around hundreds of millions every couple of years & sacking managers because that dodgy Russian prick wakes up in the morning in a bad mood.

What was it Brian Clough said? If an owner sacks a manager that he himself appointment then the owner should quit too. Quite right.

It’s Official now, via Sky Sports. Shame for Lampard. He deserves more time. He should have stayed at Darby for 2-3 years. Got them a year 2 management promotion then saved them from relegation. He just hasn’t had the rub on signings, especially at the back, Chelsea need two to three good players in centre half positions. And they needed to replace Hazard. Only issue at Chelsea is the managers don’t choose the signings, it’s the transfer committee and Managing Director.

As for him to a new job, Celtic would be that fit. Probably would need time, probably 2-3 years like what we have done with Gerrard. A time they may not have at Kerrydale Street. He will need time to develop and time to get his signings in. A time to develop his style of play. Time to get a European record. Celtic fans won’t accept this as they need to get even right away. Not patient enough from that COVID infested mob.

I do find it funny that those English players from the “Golden Generation” that all the ones that had won any league have not had any good European success. The one that didn’t win the league, is on the cusp of winning a league as a manager, has a formidable European record and is held in high esteem generally.

If Lampard is to head up the M6, it’s going to be box office for Scottish football. Only issue is Christine Lampard just about to pop a newborn into the world. I’d say Lemming to the end of the year then Lampard or Rafa from May or June onward.

Would be amazed if the mentally challengeds went from offering a job to Lennon in the showers to then Benitez.

What sort of budget would he want? Given the mentally challengeds are £35M+ in the red come June 2021, this would need to be funded elsewhere, that’s before Benitez and teams wages....

Havertz is the exact type of player who will find the Premier League hard, used to having so much space in the Bundesliga - don’t get it in the Premier League. Probably go to Dortmund next Summer on loan.

He's a guff Manager that can't organise a team or get the best out of what he has. Thank Christ we chose Gerrard and not Lampard as our Manager, the difference is night and day.

Frank Lampard is a certified genius, more than 10 years ago for some reason the Chelsea club doctor IQ tested the squad and found that Lampard had an IQ 'well above' 150.

He could have really done with using some of that IQ to set up a defence:))

Quite harsh IMO.

First season didn't have a transfer window. Second season bought a lot of new players, some who haven't settled yet.
How long can you give a player youve paid silly amounts for time to "settle"?

I don’t have any love for Chelsea or much interest in the Prem but I am gutted for Frank.

It is a disgrace he has not been given a chance. He done really well with Derby and last season was remarkable given he had to work with young players and what was already there. I can’t believe they have not gave him at least a second season to try get something out that team.

Hopefully Gerrard can draw parallels from this and won’t jump at Liverpool until the time is right because football is a harsh, harsh game and I dare say Lampard has used up his only chance to manage the club he loved.

Would be amazed if the mentally challengeds went from offering a job to Lennon in the showers to then Benitez.

What sort of budget would he want? Given the mentally challengeds are £35M+ in the red come June 2021, this would need to be funded elsewhere, that’s before Benitez and teams wages....
I’m gonna agree with you. They need a war chest of £50m of chocolate coins, just look at Lemmings teeth!!!

Abramovich has spent £110m on sacking/changing managers at Chelsea and that isn't including this sacking.

Mentioned that earlier.. an absolutely insane amount of money. over 30m to Mourinho and 25m to Conte.

How quickly things turn .. 17 game unbeaten run to end of November and then its all gone downhill with a few bad results.

One thing that's clear.. you don't get time but questions have to be asked about the signings.

Getting a German in just so he can bring the best out of Havertz and Werner seems mad... both look so far out their depth that they should be trying to recoup whatever value they can and bring in best manager possible imo.

I think it's really harsh to be fair but that's the modern game in a nutshell.

Managers given no time.

Chelsea doing what Chelsea do: sacking managers at the first sniff of trouble. They have fallen away badly since the turn of the year but bags of potential, imho. I couldn’t really care what Chelsea do but you do wonder how any manager’s supposed to build something there: I think it was Rodgers who, before he went to Liverpool, was sounded out about the Chelsea job and said something along the lines of ‘No thanks. I’m trying to build my career, not ruin it’.
Tuchel’s a notorious perfectionist who’ll want to build something. Don’t suppose he’ll get the chance either.

Tuchel is just another easy sacking for them further down the line. Suppose he’ll maybe get the best out of Werner and Havertz?

I thought the signings of Havertz and Werner were really good signings in all honesty.

Both have been absolute dug shite though.
I was the opposite, English football wouldn’t suit Werner & Chelsea don’t play with a false 9 so their system doesn’t suit Havertz.

Havertz should be at Liverpool & Werner should be at Bayern, I have leanings towards to Chelsea but I’m content as I now have won a bet with my mate.

Mate him a bet that Werner would flop this season, I also said it on the H&H EPL thread back in the summer :))

Can’t believe he hasn’t been given a chance to rebuild Chelsea but that’s the Orem league for you. Become man of a top 6 club and instant success is demanded even though your left with someone else’s team.

Back