Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a lot of money for a kid who is nowhere near the finished article, he has potential to be a very good player though, and that sort of money to a lot of teams in the top leagues is nothing, lets hope Celtic do their usual pocketing of big fees

Wheres the 10 million claim coming from? That's unbelievable.

City have 35% sell on
Believe the fee is £11.5m. City have 30% sell on clause of profit above £350k.
So if correct City get £3.7m, they pull in £7.8m less £350k paid. Profit of £7.45m for a guy played less than 50 games and a handful of goals. Absolutely crazy.
If anyone comes knocking for our players we better not sell cheaply. This is the benchmark for future transfers.

The first and only mention of it so far on the Bayer fans forum:

"It can only be a duck ?! I don't know the player at all but according to Transfermarkt.de it is a main position right-back .
We have only just brought in Fosu-Mensah - I can hardly imagine that you will get another RV in this transfer period. Especially since Lars Bender and Dragovic are still there in the second half of the season ..."

Source

He'll not be the first one away. A few of their players have been wanting out for a bit and will be even keener these days.

There is a genuine chance the next time we play them their defence will be O'Donnell, Gallagher, Duffy, Laxalt.
EM984ll-U8-AAlt-GQ.jpg

Leak a huge fee to the media then get the buying club to ensure the actual amount does not get revealed.

They are clever with this sort of thing
If he is being signed on the basis of potential, then the quoted 10 million euros will likely be:

3 million: fee
2 million: after 25 league appearances
1 million: after 5 cl appearances
3 million in wages over the contract

Hence, uNdIsClOsEd fEe B-)

Youngsters being bullied at celtc?
I know Tierney said he was pretty much bullied into getting injections and playing with injuries. Isn’t this something that should be looked into further given what’s went on previously?
I'm sure there was mention of that cretin Lennon bullying Mikey Johnstone in to playing while injured. Don't know the detail but I'm sure I remember it being mentioned.

I can't believe people are even entertaining this £10m figure.

– Signed for ~£500k just over a year ago
– No senior football outwith his ~40 games for that mob
– Has next to no end product at all (despite being good at getting the ball forward) with really poor assist stats and no ability to cross
– Abysmal defensively, part of one of their worst defences ever and one of the worst defences ever to grace the Europa League
– Middle of a pandemic which has seen one of the quietest transfer windows ever

Yet we've to believe his value has multiplied 20-fold in a year with all of the above considered?
You forget he's proved to be immune to covid at the mankiest football club in the land.

I would like to know the makeup of any quoted fee,I just don't believe 10million quoted for just the player,does that include wages ,agents fees,number of games played.Even with my blue specs off he is currently a very predictable player,charge up the wing cut inside,lose possession and repeat.

I'm sure there was mention of that cretin Lennon bullying Mikey Johnstone in to playing while injured. Don't know the detail but I'm sure I remember it being mentioned.
There was a game where MJ tried to play on after injury then lennon made his last sub. Lennon wasn’t happy he said he’d play on until after he’d made the sub then couldn’t play on. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole situation came down to MJ feeling pressured into playing on due to previous bullying. All knock on effects of lennons man management.

Who would replace him in their team?

He's just a bit of pace that is all his cross is abysmal.
90 mile an hour to the edge of the opposition box before losing it or passing it back to the halfway line.

They have had some right shit playing for them. Absolutely horrendous shit, but Never have I been so confident as when PingPong has the ball. Honestly....

The reported fee is way more than I expected given the performances he puts in. Fully expect him to be transferred out of his new club in 18 month’s maximum.
He’s bang average. Can’t defend or play a telling final ball, just a duracell bunny.

If he is being signed on the basis of potential, then the quoted 10 million euros will likely be:

3 million: fee
2 million: after 25 league appearances
1 million: after 5 cl appearances
3 million in wages over the contract

Hence, uNdIsClOsEd fEe B-)
I think that is likely nearer the mark. Likely a decent but small fee up front and then a if he’s really good and a success and our team are also a success then we’ll give you more money.

If it is anything as is being said then it’s mental we didn’t have teams paying £10-15mil for Tav after a season or two.

Let's be honest, if this was £10m they'd be announcing to all and sundry
It'll be a low fee, then loads fo add ons that will never happen. Thats probably the best way to get around any profit % they owe on him too

Top 5 league clubs buy age and potential..over 25 value decrease dramatically they will get big fees on Ajer and Edouard too.

I am surprised Frimpong is leaving, personally I thought he was one of their better players. They have a huge re-build on and far too many deadwood on big money but Frimpong still looked decent going forward, is only 20 & made an effort unlike a lot of them. I am glad he is away because its another position they will have to fill in the summer.

Under a decent coach he will improve on his end product, he obv can't get that at them the now.

He can run, that’s the only attribute he has

Dreadful player with zero end product, that’s mad money for him if being honest

Rat leaving sinking ship though is always good to see

If Frimpong is going for anything in the region of £10m then it really is astonishing.

Even upwards for £5m is unbelievable for that lady's front bottom.

Forget any sell-on fee that Man City is due as that is irrelevant to the club buying Frimpong.

If Frimpong is worth £5-£10m what should we be commanding for our players like Barisic, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Kent, Morelos! Upwards of £100m if Frimpong/Teirney is the barometer!

Yes, much more likely.

The Edouard 9m fee, according to the DR at the time, had a 4.5m fee with 4.5m add ons.

So City could get 1.5m of the initial estimated 5.0m, and they are left with the money to cover Lennon & Lawwell settlements VB ?
I remember an interview with Rodgers where he was asked if celtic paid 9m for edouard and he said it wasn't anywhere near that. Now it's commonly accepted.

Whilst, in general, I'd go along with what you say the exception appears to be Tierney. They did get £25m and, even more surprisingly, they got it up front and not in staggered payments over a number of years. It was announced as such to The Stock Exchange and reflected as such in their Accounts from memory. Arsenal must have been bonkers.
You're absolutely right. Look at the noise they made about that fee and compare it to other sales. Undisclosed but in the region of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back