Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How the f*ck do the beggars manage to command these kinds of fees?

2. I cannot wait to see Alphonso Davies and Kingsley Coman taking the absolute c*nt out of him

"He's not even a good Frimpong"

0_JS178702676.jpg

Man City have a sell on clause and a chunk of what’s left will go towards Lennon and his staffs pay off when they sack him.

Actually think Frimpong could become a good player under the right coaching.

Goes all the way back to McGeadie. Everyone laughed at the valuation being placed on that donkey. They ended up getting 9.5 million. The Scottish press have always inflated the value of their players and somehow they always find clubs daft enough to pay the money.

You are vastly overestimating the power of the red top puppets they have when it comes to a club buying their players.

You really think a professional experienced outfit like Leverkusen are saying “actually better cancel that £5m bid based on our scouting and analysis work plus comparable players in the market as this guy Keith Jackson in the Daily Record says he is worth £35m”.

The fee being quoted for a player of that age will be heavily incentive based, still a good fee for the quality of player but clearly Leverkusen think he has some potential to improve under a competent manager. Man City seemingly due a cut also.

I remain to be convinced about the reported fee, it surely cannot be true he’s just not worth it by a long chalk.

Reactions: VMS
I can never tell what he actually is. He’s not a full back, his end product is poor for a modern wing back, he’s not a midfielder, he doesn’t score much but he has pace and a bit of trickery. He’d be good at 5 a sides.
Not so much on the pitch when he's never learned to change direction.

His pace would be useful when the ball goes over the fence. Get your money's worth of the pitch hire.

I'm sure they will. I mean I thought Edouard was good once aswell.

The thing is, Lennon has managed to regress so many of their assets spectacularly. It really is a wonder to behold.
Celtc over the past few years has definitely shown the benefit of good coaching. They were poor under Delilah, improved dramatically (domestically) under Rodgers, and as you have said in your post, regressed dramatically under Lennon. Yet several of the players have been present for all three IIRC.

Don't believe for one single minute they are getting over 30 times what they paid for him 18 months ago in the middle of a pandemic.

Leverkusen just paid £1.8m for a Dutch international full back with EPL experience 2 weeks ago is Ping-Pong worth five times more than Timothy Fosu-Mensah from Man Utd?

Total fantasy stuff.

There is no way, they will receive £11.5m for him.

Are we to believe somebody actually saw him play and suggested let's kick our bid off at £10m and Pig-eye Pete squeezed another £1.5m .....

Fucking laughable.

Besides. "I dreamed the dream". Who the %^*& does he think he is Jason Donovan?

Man City have a sell on clause and a chunk of what’s left will go towards Lennon and his staffs pay off when they sack him.

Actually think Frimpong could become a good player under the right coaching.

Agreed to a certain extent he is young enough to learn how to cross and defend but I doubt at this stage he will go on to be a top player. He will be a squad player at decent clubs which will not bother him or his bank manager a jot.

Came in to see if there was any more to this, but apparently not... 650+ posts on a shite right-back leaving the filth?!

The fucks happening here!?
Life's utter shite just now, gonnae just let us get some pleasure from the fitba and their implosion without pissing in our chips?... :))

• Haha
Reactions: TN8
There is no way, they will receive £11.5m for him.

Are we to believe somebody actually saw him play and suggested let's kick our bid off at £10m and Pig-eye Pete squeezed another £1.5m .....

Fucking laughable.
There will be wages, bonuses and all sorts rolled up into that reported figure (if it is even true).

The rats have been reporting transfers this way for years.

A decent prospect ruined by the usual over hype and pressure put on anyone who has 2 good games for that mob. A decent coach would improve him.

Goes all the way back to McGeadie. Everyone laughed at the valuation being placed on that donkey. They ended up getting 9.5 million. The Scottish press have always inflated the value of their players and somehow they always find clubs daft enough to pay the money.
Do you believe everything you read in the media?

He wont be a loss he was dross

No end product and easy muscled off the ball

I think the lad could become a player with the right coaching, not much older than Patterson remember.........a few years with good coaching and he might be decent

pocket change for these top 5 league teams, if he works out great, if not, some other club will still pay a good amount for him after

Great piece of business for them. Fortunately their recruitment is honking. Maybe it will buy Duffy for another season or another Barkas quality GK or another player voted the worst by fans of some big name but fairly average European team who’s 10 years older than his looks and ability suggest.

Youngsters being bullied at celtc?
I know Tierney said he was pretty much bullied into getting injections and playing with injuries. Isn’t this something that should be looked into further given what’s went on previously?
This reminds me of a game the mentally challengeds had, I think up in Perth, when the young lad Johnstone was substituted and cameras clearly caught Lennon shouting " Fucking Shitebag" at him as he was going up the tunnel.

Don't believe for one single minute they are getting over 30 times what they paid for him 18 months ago in the middle of a pandemic.

Leverkusen just paid £1.8m for a Dutch international full back with EPL experience 2 weeks ago is Ping-Pong worth five times more than Timothy Fosu-Mensah from Man Utd?

Total fantasy stuff.
Exactly and only 2-3 years older. I think wait till we see the accounts. Likely the fee (as has been said) will be if both he and Leverkusen prove to be a success. Again, as been said - he has some raw talent that is t really been nurtured in the correct way at Celtic into seeing him produce good stats - Leverkusen likely think they can change that and hence the risk. It’s still a big financial hole for them to fill but realistically I don’t think their team is much worse off.

It hopefully bodes well for us though that if/when we do sell that we should be looking for decent fees. Also Bassey is fast so if we need money can just throw him in the team get him to run fast up and down the wing!

Pingpong gone, Duffy, Laxalt and Elynounoussi back to their parent clubs, French Eddy and Ajer will go in the summer, Christie wants away, Brenda is allegedly after McGregor, they don’t have a decent goalkeeper. They are going to need loads of Pingpong dollars to buildup a new squad.

Can see it be 5mill with add on's.
Still a young boy, better coaching and can become better.
Clearly not moved on with his development over there.

Total fantasy stuff.
I agree with you but to be fair Fosu-Mensah was at the end of his contact (In the summer). They paid 2mil to get him now-He could have signed a pre-contract and went for nothing.

Celtc over the past few years has definitely shown the benefit of good coaching. They were poor under Delilah, improved dramatically (domestically) under Rodgers, and as you have said in your post, regressed dramatically under Lennon. Yet several of the players have been present for all three IIRC.
They were obviously better under Rodgers.
However, as a team who were they actually better than other than themselves.
Domestically they had no competition and did fckall in Europe.

Even if the reported fee is made up with add ons, etc... If you take off City's 30% sell on fee, what's left may just about cover the 4 million in fees and wages for Duffer B-D

Total fantasy stuff.

He only had 6 months left on his contract.

Can see it be 5mill with add on's.
Still a young boy, better coaching and can become better.
Clearly not moved on with his development over there.

That's exactly what it will be, age is on his side having only turned 20 so the overall fee will be massively depending on how he progresses.

Just to back up my own point:

'Fee could be'. So based on future sell-on clause, appearances, international call-ups etc. Reality is they'll be getting less than half that. The fee is also in Euros so £9m take away all the potential add-ons etc.
Timothy Fosu Mensah, 23, left English football for LEverkusen for 1.5mil.

Pingpong is going for 10 times that?

Granted Mensah wasnt playing a lot. but still doesnt look right.

Was talking to a mate today who has seen him play a couple of times, he thinks he is a great player (mate supports Liverpool BTW), I asked why, he said great pace and can whip a ball over, when I told him he only has three assists and one goal his response was “shows you what I know about football”.

Was talking to a mate today who has seen him play a couple of times, he thinks he is a great player (mate supports Liverpool BTW), I asked why, he said great pace and can whip a ball over, when I told him he only has three assists and one goal his response was “shows you what I know about football”.

sounds like Neic

The eventual fee will be in their accounts anyway, no point really them gloating about it being high if a year down line the truth comes out

Not a chance they're getting £11.5 million for him. I'd be surprised if they're even getting half of that. Tav is a far better player so what does that make him worth? Wouldn't have him before Patterson either

It would be interesting (if any bear could be arsed) to see a breakdown of transfers in the last few years.

What was reported Vs what is in the accounts

I've been gobsmacked before on the amount of money clubs stump up for fairly average players- but this really is the most utterly absurd valuation I've ever heard- if true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back