Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talking to a mate today who has seen him play a couple of times, he thinks he is a great player (mate supports Liverpool BTW), I asked why, he said great pace and can whip a ball over, when I told him he only has three assists and one goal his response was “shows you what I know about football”.
I think pace is one of the most misleading attributes in football. Players can look brilliant running very fast with the ball and outrunning someone. Often takes a while for folk to get by that and notice that they fall on their arse or couldn't hit a barn door with it at the end of the run.

Proof in the pudding will be if they bring in any replacements in the next few days.
If they don’t and it’s maybe a young reserve for a EFL team on loan then it shows 1/Lennon is definitely away and 2/ They are definitely in the grubber financially.
This money they’re bringing in is buttons compared to what they’ve spunked over the last year.

€10m is roughly £8.9m x by the 70% Celtic get to keep is £6.23m, less anything promised to the player and agent...

£35m+ in red come the end of June, he won’t be the last to leave.

£11.5m for a fullback that can’t defend, can’t assist and can’t score :))

More full Leverkusen if that number is indeed true.

Each of their other “sellable” assets have 18 months left on their contracts. If they don’t cash in on Eduoard and Ntcham this window they ain’t getting big bucks in the summer. Factor in their awful record in qualifiers and they’ll certainly be facing an interesting summer.

Aye it’s more the fee that has shocked me, had a tim mate tell me there that barisic is only worth £5m tops because he’s “nearly 30”.

honestly don’t know what is wrong with these people

In fairness they do get absolute top dollar fees for their players. Something that we need to improve on.

Don't believe for one single minute they are getting over 30 times what they paid for him 18 months ago in the middle of a pandemic.

Leverkusen just paid £1.8m for a Dutch international full back with EPL experience 2 weeks ago is Ping-Pong worth five times more than Timothy Fosu-Mensah from Man Utd?

Total fantasy stuff.
Exactly, it is utter shite.

We should be posting the Liewell video about the first Morelos bid we got, as it fits him better.

Proof in the pudding will be if they bring in any replacements in the next few days.
If they don’t and it’s maybe a young reserve for a EFL team on loan then it shows 1/Lennon is definitely away and 2/ They are definitely in the grubber financially.
This money they’re bringing in is buttons compared to what they’ve spunked over the last year.
Haven’t they already said they are well covered in that position and won’t need to replace him?

Personally, I think Frimpong is a good player with lots of potential. What he needed was the coaching to help him fix his weak areas (e.g. delivery, final ball). The problem was that he wasn't getting that at Celtic. If anything, Lennon & Co. have made him a worse player and that is true not just of Frimpong but of several others.

Lennon really is a terrible manager. His recruitment is awful, his coaching is awful and his tactics are awful.

Genuinely astounded a thread on someone like Frimpong who in reality is completely overrated is 15 pages long.
I think there’s a lot of talking points around anything to do with them with players wanting to leave and bullying accusations, whether it’s a fire sale, money being spent now or saved for a new manager etc.

You are vastly overestimating the power of the red top puppets they have when it comes to a club buying their players.

You really think a professional experienced outfit like Leverkusen are saying “actually better cancel that £5m bid based on our scouting and analysis work plus comparable players in the market as this guy Keith Jackson in the Daily Record says he is worth £35m”.

The fee being quoted for a player of that age will be heavily incentive based, still a good fee for the quality of player but clearly Leverkusen think he has some potential to improve under a competent manager. Man City seemingly due a cut also.
35p more likely

Glad they're getting some cash in to cover some of the compensation claims. Here's to many more player exits with nothing spent on strengthening their mediocre team.

giphy.gif

Haven’t they already said they are well covered in that position and won’t need to replace him?
Aye they might be covered in that position but we’ll see if they use the money to bring a player in another position in. If they don’t they’re saving it for a “rainy day” either to service debt or toward a wee warchest for a new manager in the summer (Clarke?)

Undisclosed fee. Man City have a sell on %. Why this warranted a 15+ page thread on here is passing me by?

I thought it was long accepted, that they artificially big up the fee for outgoing players.

It does make me chuckle that some people think the likes of Leverkusen, Southampton et al set their transfer fees based off what Keith Jackson says.

Celtic have a rep for selling young guys at a profit who work out well at other clubs

Wanyama
VVD
Tierney
Dembele
Armstrong

This is why our first big sale needs to kick on where ever they go, so clubs will look at us & know they can get good value for good players.

They are now saying the fee is £11.5M. That Seville calculator is still being used.
German media saying the fee is “in excess of €11m”

So they are getting just under £10m quid, then you have City’s sell on cut of 30%.

Wouldn’t worry, their squad and manager won’t see any of that cash

Genuinely astounded a thread on someone like Frimpong who in reality is completely overrated is 15 pages long.
I would imagine if the fee was say 2 million, the thread would be 3 pages long. The bulk of the posts are about the reportedly high value of the fee and no-one should really be surprised that other folk want to decimate it, laugh about it, question it, so and and so forth.

It does make me chuckle that some people think the likes of Leverkusen, Southampton et al set their transfer fees based off what journalists say.

Celtic have a rep for selling young guys at a profit who work out well at other clubs

Wanyama
VVD
Tierney
Dembele
Armstrong

This is why our first big sale needs to kick on where ever they go, so clubs will look at us & know they can get good value for good players.

Pretty much this. This is what they've done well in recent years. I doubt they are getting the £10 million up front and no doubt tonnes of clauses in the deal. However they've got the rep for producing players and driving a hard bargain.

Sounds to me like their fans are still using the dembele dollars when talking about transfer fees.

The boy has looked OK/semi decent at times, wouldn't have looked out of place at Aberdeen or motherwell though.

He must have shat it when the sharks were flying a couple of months ago.

You can be guaranteed alot of them will want to leave.

Undisclosed fee. Man City have a sell on %. Why this warranted a 15+ page thread on here is passing me by?

I thought it was long accepted, that they artificially big up the fee for outgoing players.
I think it’s got something to do with being our main rivals, them selling a player, how much they’re getting for him, how they can spend that money, if has this any bearing on our chances, possi ly comparable values to our players.
Wee things like that.

In fairness they do get absolute top dollar fees for their players. Something that we need to improve on.

Of all the players they’ve sold for top money in the last decade, the oldest has been Van Dijk who was only 24 at the time.

Wanyama, Tierney, Dembele, Frimpong and Edouard (when he goes) will all be 20-23.

We’ve been unfortunate in that we’ve been badly needing to get a league win under our belts so haven’t quite been able to bring 1-2 young players a season into an already successful side the way they have.

Next season we should definitely be looking at a strategy for bringing in younger players that we can make big money on.

Just seen SSN there, fee reported to be upwards of 10m. Fkn fall in the clyde and come up with a salmon in their mouth that mob. Playing for a team 2nd in, lets face it, a poor quality league apart from us and miles behind. Boy has been indifferent all season, no end product. Can’t fkn believe they got that for him. Same as that German mob that spunked 15m on that Oliver Burke a few seasons ago. Fools and their money.

I'll be honest I'm quite glad he is going.

While he is far from the finished article, a year or 2 under a half decent coach and he could've turned into a player who could hurt us. He has a lot of good raw attributes and a half decent coach could improve his defending and crossing.
That's how I see it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back