Clancy

The Gooner

It will be very interesting what he does next as he will be asked for his view of the incident with Alfie on Porteus and if he thinks the same as he has already said to the Hibs players there is no case to answer.

Its important to remember it’s not watched in super slow motion but at normal speed.

I think he has to say he called it right.

It will be very interesting what he does next as he will be asked for his view of the incident with Alfie on Porteus and if he thinks the same as he has already said to the Hibs players there is no case to answer.

Its important to remember it’s not watched in super slow motion but at normal speed.

He called it, two witnesses have told his version with his own words. It can only be called for further investigation if he said he never saw it. He cant change his mind as he has already stated his findings.

The club need to complain about Porteous in the first minute and McGregor. Highlight the double standards.

Kevin Clancy is the biggest cheat of a referee this country has ever seen. He will do whatever he has to to ensure it shafts us and the rules will be bent to suit - as f.ucking usual.
So he cheated us by not taking the opportunity to send off Morelos last night?

ba2c67fcf810ea6aada3c967368440bd.gif

Clancy’s opinion is irrelevant. It’s what the compliance officer and powers that be will tell him to say that’ll ultimately see Alfredo get a ban.

Under the current regime, they can manipulate the rules to re ref a game when they fancy it.

He called it last night, you are correct. Will he be changing his report as I type? Probably. The noise around Alfie is very loud this morning so I expect the CO will come calling! Wrongly I might add. Last night I was angry with Alfie for putting himself in that position again but now I’ve calmed down I know it wasn’t a stamp but it doesn’t look good anyway you look at it. Let’s wait and see.

If the cheat Clancy didn't even see it, and he would be itching to send Morelos off, there really can't have been anything of note.

He would have sent Alfie off for breathing the wrong way!

I can't believe we're even talking about a referee cheating after a match in which Alfie stayed on the park! The incident last night could have gone either way, some refs would have given red, Clancy didn't.
I can only imagine FF had Morelos been sent off last night!

If you don’t think Clancy is a cheat watch last years league cup final back.
The one where Willie Collum was the referee, we were awarded a penalty and they had a man sent off? Granted the assistant missed an obvious offside but that wasn't Clancy either.

If Clancy is a cheat, why didn't he take the chance to send off Morelos last night instead of waiting to be asked to review it?

I've never for one second believed that any of the referees are flagrant cheats, or even biased towards one club.

They're just incompetent, it's as simple as that.
This I tend to agree with

I dislike Clancy with a passion mainly because he is a terrible ref. Also an arrogant tosser, sat near him and friends in a pub years ago after he'd been 4th official at a game.

I've never for one second believed that any of the referees are flagrant cheats, or even biased towards one club.

They're just incompetent, it's as simple as that.
I kind of agree, personal experiences here, but I’ve always felt that referees maybe feel it easier to give the decision that favours Celtic over us.
I guess that’s a form of cheating in itself, I’m maybe thinking it’s not as blatant as some suggest.

As much as I feel dirty for saying it, I felt that we weren’t too encumbered by Father Clancy last night. It could’ve been far worse. Other than missing McGregor having control of the ball on the byeline and taking an eternity to book Jackson Irvine for persistent fouling, he didn’t get that involved in things.

If I watched the full game back again I might have a different opinion though.

I see he is still struggling to understand how stoppage time works. Blows for half time with us due to take a corner then plays almost a full minute over the allotted stoppage time at the end of the game.

He could have done this last night though and saved himself the bother.
Yep. I don't think we could have argued if Alfie had got red last night. When you add in the Frimpong tackle and the Dundee Utd arm.. He needs to cut all this out.!

Darren McGregors interview on sky last night should have put to rest any possibility of further action. He confirmed, to the nation, that Clancy saw it and didn't deem it worthy of punishment.

That leaves him with three options:
- claim he didn't see it and McGregor is lying about a verbal exchange which didn't happen
- claim he saw it and stands by his decision
- claim he saw it and on review thinks he got it wrong.

Crucially, only option 1 where he brands McGregor a liar allows the compliance officer to get involved. We'd have them bang to rights for manipulating things to our detriment.

There is a 4th possibility though, which remains most likely just now, that the CO and chums will just bend the rules whatever way they see fit to ignore the ref and dish out a punishment anyway.

I suspect that Clancy's unnatural and zealous obsession with punishing Alfie previously has come back to haunt him. Even Clancy himself must have reflected on his performance in the OF game last New Year and recognised that it looked beyond incompetence. He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights after last nights incident. In that respect he has been hoisted by his own petard, or perhaps he just thought "I'll leave this one to Clare, she'll sort it out".

Last edited:
either jack ross or darren mcgregor is lying
mcgregor said ref told him he didn't think it was deliberate.
ross said ref told him it was a tangle of legs.

Yep. I don't think we could have argued if Alfie had got red last night. When you add in the Frimpong tackle and the Dundee Utd arm.. He needs to cut all this out.!
as do players of other teams who go under the radar.
(mcgregor on kamara. main on barasic)

I'm not one of the paranoid mob. However, whilst I think Clancy called it as he saw it last night, he may well be presented with a second opportunity to deliver another kick in the balls to us / Alfie. Based on his previous behaviour I wouldn't put it past him to take it, and I don't imagine too many ay Hampden will be trying to dissuade him.

Doesn’t know the rules either.Allan McGregor had his hand on the ball when doidge kicked it out of grip..Even Walker seen it and commented on his mistake.He never missed it ive watched it back and he had a perfect view.The assistant had a better view.Incompetent or just cheating?

I'm not one of the paranoid mob. However, whilst I think Clancy called it as he saw it last night, he may well be presented with a second opportunity to deliver another kick in the balls to us / Alfie. Based on his previous behaviour I wouldn't put it past him to take it, and I don't imagine too many ay Hampden will be trying to dissuade him.
I may be wrong, but I think the referee is only asked to look at it again if he's issued a card at the time, eg the Morelos one at Tannadice when he was given a yellow and the ref was 'invited' to reconsider. Without a card, the Compliance Officer refers it to a panel if she thinks there may be a case for retrospective action. As we know, when it comes to Morelos in particular and Rangers in general, she usually does. When it comes to the other lot, the blinkers seem to be well and truly on. Good that Boydy called her out last night. The one voice of reason in amongst Sky's total hate-fest.

The one where Willie Collum was the referee, we were awarded a penalty and they had a man sent off? Granted the assistant missed an obvious offside but that wasn't Clancy either.

If Clancy is a cheat, why didn't he take the chance to send off Morelos last night instead of waiting to be asked to review it?
Are you once again using the odd call which goes our way to prove theres no cheating.... while on every thread about hundreds of decisions that go against us you keep telling us we can rule out bias as there is no evidence, it has to be down to the quite dreadful standard of refereeing its just bad luck. Its the kind of argument id expect to hear on sportsound or superscoreboard im starting to think you do not understand how daft it is.

1 call going our way= excellent refereeing, honesty and integrity, proves he cannot of cheated at any point in his career or given a dishonest decision even due to fear or pressure from the media.

101 calls going against us= poor standard, blind, daft, crap training, poor fitness, just honest mistakes, worst refs in the world.

Il bet you are still saying they are terrible refs next season too, and the next season and the next one. Im sure you have said the refs are dreadful all your life and have never felt the standard was any good.

If you are such a big fan of Clancy or a supporter of match officials, and i agree there is far too much focus on this one referee when loads of them are cheating, why did you and one or two others not defend him after the old firm game when the Rangers management called him a cheat and every single post on here suggested he was at it ? why wait a year ?

I may be wrong, but I think the referee is only asked to look at it again if he's issued a card at the time, eg the Morelos one at Tannadice when he was given a yellow and the ref was 'invited' to reconsider. Without a card, the Compliance Officer refers it to a panel if she thinks there may be a case for retrospective action. As we know, when it comes to Morelos in particular and Rangers in general, she usually does. When it comes to the other lot, the blinkers seem to be well and truly on. Good that Boydy called her out last night. The one voice of reason in amongst Sky's total hate-fest.

Agree with every word of this.

And Kris Boyd’s “well it depends if the compliance officer turns up for work” comment is the most accurate observation I’ve ever heard from any pundit.

Darren McGregors interview on sky last night should have put to rest any possibility of further action. He confirmed, to the nation, that Clancy saw it and didn't deem it worthy of punishment.

That leaves him with three options:
- claim he didn't see it and McGregor is lying about a verbal exchange which didn't happen
- claim he saw it and stands by his decision
- claim he saw it and on review thinks he got it wrong.

Crucially, only option 1 where he brands McGregor a liar allows the compliance officer to get involved. We'd have them bang to rights for manipulating things to our detriment.

There is a 4th possibility though, which remains most likely just now, that the CO and chums will just bend the rules whatever way they see fit to ignore the ref and dish out a punishment anyway.
I thought they could cite him as no punishment was given at the time (yellow) and ask Clancy if he had seen it through a replay would his decision still be the same?.

So many rule changes these days so I could be wrong. As long as It's Morelos he'll get banned.

He called it, two witnesses have told his version with his own words. It can only be called for further investigation if he said he never saw it. He cant change his mind as he has already stated his findings.

That’s my understanding. He saw it and told that bearded guy he thought it was unintentional. He told the Hibs manager he thought it was a tangle of legs. Can the CO override a referees decision?

Either way, Clancy evened it up by ignoring the later one on Kamara’s leg.

Are you once again using the odd call which goes our way to prove theres no cheating.... while on every thread about hundreds of decisions that go against us you keep telling us we can rule out bias as there is no evidence, it has to be down to the quite dreadful standard of refereeing its just bad luck. Its the kind of argument id expect to hear on sportsound or superscoreboard im starting to think you do not understand how daft it is.

1 call going our way= excellent refereeing, honesty and integrity, proves he cannot of cheated at any point in his career or given a dishonest decision even due to fear or pressure from the media.

101 calls going against us= poor standard, blind, daft, crap training, poor fitness, just honest mistakes, worst refs in the world.

Il bet you are still saying they are terrible refs next season too, and the next season and the next one. Im sure you have said the refs are dreadful all your life and have never felt the standard was any good.

If you are such a big fan of Clancy or a supporter of match officials, and i agree there is far too much focus on this one referee when loads of them are cheating, why did you and one or two others not defend him after the old firm game when the Rangers management called him a cheat and every single post on here suggested he was at it ? why wait a year ?
Have you nobody else to stalk? I'm gonna put my hands up, I've not read a word of your post.

Because he didn’t see it? Which is what he will say when Kler asks him, which will ensure a ban, Clancy didn’t cheat last night, he was just poor, but he often does cheat Rangers.

Back